[SOLVED] Ponsse Scorpion King Dissappearing Logs

gw1500se

Re: Ponsse Scorpion King Dissappearing Logs

Post by gw1500se »

That video seems to get cut off before the problem is shown. Here is the dropbox version that seems to work for me:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqvhdodtfx2ql ... g.mpg?dl=0
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

Just to update this, I tried the Ponnse Ergo mod and it has the same problem. This mod makes some changes to the Scorpion King so it seems apparent that the bug is inherent to the default vehicle. It seems to be happening quite frequently as long as the log stays within proximity to the vehicle. I'm a bit surprised that no one else has caught this but sooner. Either I am the only one using this vehicle or it is happening to me more frequently than everyone else. If I try to use it, I seem to lose 30% of my logs to this bug. I have found that if I extend the arms when I delimb, so the log is sufficiently far from the vehicle, the logs don't disappear. With this bug forestry is not worth the effort so I hope a fix is found soon. Thanks.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

I tried everything but cannot reproduce this on my end - could you tell me what cutting length you are working with? And this does not happen all the time but rather randomly, right? I only tested this with the trees next to the shop at Goldcrest valley - could you name a few areas on GCV and Sonsovka where this has happened to you with the standard Scorpion King?

Thanks!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

I'm using 8M lengths. I did not try different lengths. The trees were saplings I planted so I did not use any trees already in the game. I planted them on fields 5,9 which I joined. Perhaps it is the number of trees? I have about 6500 trees planted.
cleber_oro

Post by cleber_oro »

I have this problem too with trees already in game, sometimes the last part disappear. Only with (more or less) 24m trees, cutting with 8m or 12m (mod).
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Tried it with planted trees as well...can't seem to get the Bug to appear here -.-
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

That is not good. Where do we go from here? Is it possible for me to upload my saved game so you can run my exact configuration?
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

gw1500se wrote:That is not good. Where do we go from here? Is it possible for me to upload my saved game so you can run my exact configuration?
Yes - this will probably be the best thing, although I can't guarantee that this will induce the bug here. But we can try ;) Try uploading your save to a site and post the link here.
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Thank you for uploading your folder so quickly. I tried it again now with your savegame and all your mods installed, but all the trees are cut down properly. I am afraid we are out of options now, and cannot fix this since we cannot reproduce this issue...
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

gw1500se wrote:I have about 6500 trees planted.
Considering that you are playing on quite weak hardware I'm guessing that the amount of trees you have planted might be part of the reason why this is happening.

To verify this please check if you can reproduce the issue on a complete new savegame without any mods activated on one of the two standard maps without any additional planted trees (so only cut the trees that are already on the map).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

don_apple wrote:
gw1500se wrote:I have about 6500 trees planted.
Considering that you are playing on quite weak hardware I'm guessing that the amount of trees you have planted might be part of the reason why this is happening.

To verify this please check if you can reproduce the issue on a complete new savegame without any mods activated on one of the two standard maps without any additional planted trees (so only cut the trees that are already on the map).
First, I'm a computer tech with 13 years of experience, and a gamer since 14 years...

You say his PC rig is weak? He doesn't enve have a dedicated GPU... Onboard GPUs aren't made to run games like FS17...
His CPU is a bottom-line dual-core, he has 6Gb of RAM with around 768MB shared for graphics, and I'm pretty sure his system can't even share more...
This a low-end branded PC, my guess it's an ACER(A-stuff) or at best an HP pavilion...
Not built for gaming at all!

As I said many times before on other posts, there's SO many people who don't even check the minimum system requirements, which is almost too low for a minimum of fluidity in the game...
It should be recommending minimum 6GB of RAM, 2GB being the minimum for Windows...
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

Are you implying this is a graphics problem? If that is the case then the game data should still contain the log and location but just not displayed. Then at random times that log should show up and other(s) would disappear rather than being tied to actions of a specific vehicle. I tested the plain tree cutter and cannot reproduce the problem. I have yet to try it using a new game but from what you imply that should not matter.

Another interesting thing that belies the performance suggestion is that, as I said in an earlier post, when the boom is extended far enough away from the vehicle, the problem does not recur.
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

One final note. I switched to the Sampo Rosenlew and the problem went away. Since the saplings are small the Scorpion is not really needed. While at this point there is clearly a bug, for me it is no longer a problem. Thanks.
gw1500se

Re: [SOLVED] Ponsse Scorpion King Dissappearing Logs

Post by gw1500se »

I said one final note but I went back to using the Scorpion King and after lots of observation it suddenly hit me what the issue with this bug might be. It appears that the last (top) logs that are cut can be different lengths depending on how high it is felled. The problem is that ones that are shorter appear to be treated as a limb rather than a log. The logic bucks/delimbs must be flawed and a too short log is somehow treated as a limb. When it is bucked, it disappears as if it were a delimbed branch. Hopefully this provides a little more information and the bug can be found and fixed.

I am able to reproduce the bug by felling the tree a little higher (i.e. leaving a longer stump). My setting is for 8M logs.