[SOLVED] Farming Simulator 17 on Linux using Wine

leserf

[SOLVED] Farming Simulator 17 on Linux using Wine

Post by leserf »

Hello! Farming Simulator 17 on GNU/Linux Wine (is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, macOS) My problem is posted on https://gdn.giants-software.com/thread. ... eadId=5626
And on the official bugzilla wine

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43287

Please help in error when starting Farming Simulator 17.

Here is the Linux logo. Https://giants-software.com/technology.php
But why is he there? After all, under Linux there is no native version of Farming Simulator.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Farming Simulator 17 on Linux using Wine

Post by bassaddict »

The Linux logo is there, becuase the engine also runs on Linux. But that doesn't mean, that FS17 runs on Linux.

In your Wine Bugzilla topic, it shows a Intel Pentium 4 as CPU. If that's really tha case, then that's the first problem. That's a very old single-core CPU and the minimum requirements of FS17 stats that you need at least a dual-core CPU.
Going by the fact that the CPU is very old, I'd guess that your GPU is also very old and not supported. If you would post the exact GPU model, we could confirm if that's the case or not.

to summarize: It looks like you need a new computer to run FS17.
leserf

Post by leserf »

bassaddict wrote: In your Wine Bugzilla topic, it shows a Intel Pentium 4 as CPU. If that's really tha case, then that's the first problem. That's a very old single-core CPU and the minimum requirements of FS17 stats that you need at least a dual-core CPU.
Going by the fact that the CPU is very old, I'd guess that your GPU is also very old and not supported. If you would post the exact GPU model, we could confirm if that's the case or not.

to summarize: It looks like you need a new computer to run FS17.
Wine incorrectly defines my CPU. In fact, I have a GPU and CPU from AMD. AMD Radeon R7 M260 and AMD-A8 6410 with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 4 core. I have an HP laptop of the end of 2014
On Windows, everything worked. But I do not want to return to him. It is paid. Linux is free.

I did as they https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=35306 on AppDB FS17, but still will not start.
What additional steps need to be taken to on AMD Radeon?

My Mesa / OpenGL driver does not support DirectX10-DirectX11 in wine. But can I change the renderer in Documents / My Games / FarmingSimulator2017 / game.xml? Does this change completely disable DirectX in the game and includes OpenGL?

In log.txt strange Error: Failed to create dummy SDL GL context. Could not create GL context: Successful.
Why does giants say that it failed to create, and my Mesa / OpenGL driver is successfully done? In addition, Succesful is written in another language, this translated it to google translate, so you understand.

What's surprising, FS2013 Titanium Edition works without any errors. But this is an old version, many already play in FS17.
I apologize for the errors in the text.
I'm from another country and I use google translate.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Technically (feature wise), your hardware should be able to run FS17 (unter Windows, theoretically). But performance wise, your GPU is far below the minimum requirements (less than half the benchmark score compared to the minimum requirements). And since last time I checked, Wine was using quite a lot of resources, that would even be worse. So even if you would get it to run somehow, it most probably won't run with any halfway decent playable framerates.

Since we don't support Wine, I can't really help you further.