[SOLVED] Xbox controller disconnections

Skridger

[SOLVED] Xbox controller disconnections

Post by Skridger »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC/Xbox for sure, will later get on PS4 and report back if I see it again
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: N/A
- Issue: Xbox controller disconnections
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Occasionally, the controller will disconnect, then reconnect. It honestly does not happen often, and if it was just one piece of hardware I was having the issue with, I would assume it was the hardware, and not the game. However, I see the issue on two different systems, with no hardware in common. (Not even the controller, I have one for the PC, and one for my xbox one)

On the PC I'm using a regular xbox one controller attached with a USB cable. What will happen, is suddenly the controller stops working and the xbox light will flash on the controller. It will reconnect and start working again, but after that the help window that shows the button mappings switches to PC controls. Nothing I do will make it switch back, I have to close the game and relaunch it.

On the xbox one, I'm using an elite controller using AA batteries wirelessly. (Fresh batteries still have this issue) The symptoms are almost exactly the same. The controller will stop working, and the xbox button will start flashing for a few seconds. Soon after, it will start working again. While it's not working, the game automatically pauses with the "Press A to continue" message on screen.

On both the xbox one, and the PC, this issue only occurs when playing FS17. No other game does this.

Unfortunately, I cannot report a reliable way to reproduce this issue, but hopefully others will chime in if they know a way
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Xbox controller disconnections

Post by x Lethian x »

This is something we cannot fix since this is in fact a hardware issue - nobody else seems to be having this problem and we cannot reproduce this on our side as well. Please check if you have the latest drivers installed (PC) - on Xbox there even is an option to "update" your controller - and then try again ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Skridger

Re: [READ] Xbox controller disconnections

Post by Skridger »

Yes, I am hoping others will chime in, but I have updated both my controllers to their latest firmware, as well as the PC driver. If it's a hardware issue, it's a pretty extreme coincidence that both my contollers are doing it, and that I've seen it happen 6 times on the PC, and 3 times on the xbox one while playing FS17 only.

Either way, if nobody else chimes in and you can't reproduce it, not a whole lot you can do.
Weedy weed NL

Post by Weedy weed NL »

Well...it ocurres to me but not that often, and there are definitley others with the same issue.
Xbox one player
Feel free to add me
Gamer tag: Weedy weed NL
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom5051 »

Do you notice your PC doing anything in the background when the controller drops out?
Might be worth running some performance logging to see if there is something else going on there.
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Post by pfreek »

I think about interferences with other devices. Did you purchase a new router? Happens with other games?

Typical support related and not a bug with the game: support@giants-software.com

I put this on [SOLVED], even it's not solved for you personally, but it's a support question. Thanks for understanding.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

tom5051 wrote:Do you notice your PC doing anything in the background when the controller drops out?
Might be worth running some performance logging to see if there is something else going on there.
Happens on the x box one too, sounds like a signal problem at home
MrFendt87

Re: [SOLVED] Xbox controller disconnections

Post by MrFendt87 »

Hello, have just seen your thread, I play on Xbox one and my controller does this all the time on FS17, I think it's a hardware issue as this happens on multiple games I play, I have noticed with mine tho I happens a lot when I have my turtle beaches plugged in.
XB1 | Oakfield Farm | Hard mode.
novass

Post by novass »

I have this ussue as well.I'm on ps4 and it happens on both ganes I play fs17...not fs15..which I play both. .and gran turismo sport and it disconnects the joy stick controller and my wheel..no clue as to why......Chris
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

MrFendt87 wrote:Hello, have just seen your thread, I play on Xbox one and my controller does this all the time on FS17, I think it's a hardware issue as this happens on multiple games I play, I have noticed with mine tho I happens a lot when I have my turtle beaches plugged in.
Ah I have this problem also. And as I got some headphones at the same time, this could be the problem. Will try later. Thanks.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Guil

Post by Guil »

I wonder is something in your home causing interference. Any baby monitors or wireless devices close by?
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Post by pfreek »

For example: My WIFI interfers with my Bluetooth Headset ... changed the frequences on both, but I didn't receive any favourable outcome.