[SOLVED] Tomatoe's greenhouse fruit bug

Maikerus

[SOLVED] Tomatoe's greenhouse fruit bug

Post by Maikerus »

I dont't know if it can be considered as a bug or just deliberate move of devs, but tomatoes in greenhouses dont have those red fruits, only green stalks are visible. I have been checking it for a few in-game days, constantly providing water and manure and beside producing money-income, the real fruits haven't been growing. I ve also met more than one such similar observation in comments below various videos about greenhouse tutorials on youtube, so looks like that problem is more common. But best thing is that I found a little garden near the house in the south part of the goldcrest valley map where growing tomatoes have real, visible red fruits :biggrin2: :confusednew: :search:
SilverRedman63

Re: [READ] Tomatoe's greenhouse fruit bug

Post by SilverRedman63 »

You have Cut Worms get some Sevin Dust and it will fix it.
PC/Xbox1
Maikerus

Post by Maikerus »

If it could be so simple... :D

Here are pictures with comparison of tomatoes in my greenhouse and those on the field in the garden. On the growth map it is shown as a little piece of plowed field, but whitout number, next tho the field no.29.

I dont even require growing to be shown divided on stages like other yelds, but for sure visible, red tomato-fruit bringing income, appearing after manure and water assurance looks far more realistic than just empty, green stalks.
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Post by pfreek »

Maybe you have to wait a bit longer. Works for me:

Don't forget, you have to add water and manure.
Weedy weed NL

Re: [SOLVED] Tomatoe's greenhouse fruit bug

Post by Weedy weed NL »

Giving it only water without manure its still isnt showing the the grapes on it.
pfreek wrote:Don't forget, you have to add water and manure.
Xbox one player
Feel free to add me
Gamer tag: Weedy weed NL
Weedy weed NL

Post by Weedy weed NL »

pfreek wrote:Maybe you have to wait a bit longer. Works for me:

I do add water that will give you €60/50 profit i believe,
But even then no grapes on it.

And i am aware that if you add water and manure you will get around €180 profit /h according to some youtube video's,
Havent tried it for myself because i dont have animals.
Xbox one player
Feel free to add me
Gamer tag: Weedy weed NL
Maikerus

Post by Maikerus »

pfreek wrote:Maybe you have to wait a bit longer. Works for me:

As I mentioned in my title post, I constantly provide manure and water.

So how long did it take in your case to show/grow fruits in greenhouse? I have been waiting a few game days now and still without effect :confusednew:

Edit #1:
I found a topic: viewtopic.php?f=893&t=110111 , where author also says that he cant see tomatoes after ten days of waiting, so it seems to be another proof that there is something wrong with that growing mechanism. I also found how to make tomatoes to be like these in the picture sent by pfreek user from GIANTS Software in this thread- all you have to do is to fill some water and wait till it will empty. Then plants will look like dry (at least that was developer's intetnion I think)- green stalks will change colour to light bronze and finally tomatoes will be seen. Also lettuce treated the same way will dry.

That's the only method that I currently found to "grow" tomatoes, but in my opinion it should be another stage/stages of growing, where at first "immatrure", then full-grown tomatoes (like near field 29) are normally visible after some time, just like in case of other regular crops, and for exaple after midnight, when we get income, whole process begins again ofcourse if manure and water is provided.

Having in mind all of this above, I would consider if greenhouse problem still deserves to get "SOLVED" rank for now :hmm: and it would be great if developers could change this situation in the future patch.
Maikerus

Re: [SOLVED] Tomatoe's greenhouse fruit bug

Post by Maikerus »

Hmmm, maybe its time to make this topic up-to-date and arouse more interest ;)