[KNOWN ISSUE] Header/Header Trailer Mechanics

tech_op2000

[KNOWN ISSUE] Header/Header Trailer Mechanics

Post by tech_op2000 »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC (probably on consoles too)

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Most Header/combine/Header Trailer combinations.
(Specifically for example: New Holland CR10.90 Harvester, New Holland Varifeed 41 Ft Header, and Leguan quattro 40 Header Trailer.)

- Single- or Multiplayer: BOTH

- Steps to reproduce: (See video)

https://youtu.be/QIRlbePtL0Q

- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: YES

- Issue: It is very difficult to remove Headers from Header Trailers using Harvesters. The issue can be reproduced with many different combinations of the three machines. This is do to the harvester not lifting the header high enough and the trailer having a collision somewhat higher than it's visible model. I will note that some harvesters lift some headers high enough to easily clear the trailer.

Possible Solutions:
-Modify header trailers to have slightly lower collision mesh on the harvester(left) side of the trailer.
-Modify Harvester/headers (not sure which) to lift headers slightly higher.
-Modify Header Trailers left collision to have small angle so header easily slides up and over when pulled back off trailer. (in the same way the header slides up and over when being placed on trailer.)

I can't say enough how happy I would be to see this work better. I Thank you for considering these bug reports and trying to produce a well polished game, even long after it is released. That is lacking in many other games these days. :hi:
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Header/Header Trailer Mechanics

Post by x Lethian x »

Thanks for the report! We are currently looking into this ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Guil

Post by Guil »

Unfold the harvester and it shouldn't happen.
tech_op2000

Post by tech_op2000 »

Guil wrote:Unfold the harvester and it shouldn't happen.
Tested with folded and unfolded. Didn't seem to make any difference. however, while testing that I did find a rather odd result. If I detach the header onto the ground, then pick it back up, The harvester lifts it slightly higher. Enough to easily clear the trailer. Although once detaching on the trailer, then attaching, it is back to the lower height that can not get over the trailer.

Update: with more testing it seems that the harvester lifts the header higher when attached from the ground then when attached from the trailer. very strange indeed. This happened specifically with the New Holland Varifeed 41 Ft Header, and regardless of which of the three largest harvesters was used. It did not happen with the largest sunflower header or corn header, though I still had trouble getting both of them off the trailer.
3rd pedal

Post by 3rd pedal »

I can confirm this for the xbone too. Also the quattro 40 turn radius need to be improved. Its like dragging around while making a turn.
tech_op2000

Post by tech_op2000 »

3rd pedal wrote:I can confirm this for the xbone too. Also the quattro 40 turn radius need to be improved. Its like dragging around while making a turn.
I believe the quattro 40's problem is that it has a mechanism from the hitch bar to the back wheels to make it take turns better. I really like that feature on my small map. I assume you have the problem I have which is that because of the mechanism, the front hitch bar cannot rotate enough to make real sharp turns. Unfortunately, that is probably the same for the real thing.