[WON'T FIX] Stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

saracaen

[WON'T FIX] Stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

Post by saracaen »

Since the latest update the stuttering is making the game pretty much unplayable. My monitor is set to 144 Hz and it regularly drops with at least 10 FPS for no apparent reason. Despite this high FPS, the game still stutters noticeably. Much more so than any other game running at 100 - 144 FPS. Note that this is with all mods and DLCs disabled.
Last edited by saracaen on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wildberry

Re: G-Sync stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

Post by wildberry »

Issue: stick to 60 fps and it will run smoothly. Looking for issues by going to fps which are beyond human vision is just lame, imo
MC, aka Master of Cereals
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

When you are used to more than 60 Hz, playing on 60 Hz is unacceptable. I agree that upwards of a 100 - 120 Hz the difference is minimal, but the difference between 60 and a 120 Hz is enormous. Also, the game doesn't run smoothly on 60 Hz either, since the built-in framerate limiter does not like G-Sync.
Pict

Post by Pict »

I have to agree, after installing the patch the game is no longer playable

It's like slow motion
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

Although the game doesn't support 60+ fps
I'm still running fine at 120fps (1.5.1)
Not using g-sync though (i'm poor :biggrin2: )
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

It seems like whatever they did it started to become problematic in patch 1.4, and became worse in patch 1.5.
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Re: [READ] G-Sync stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

Post by pfreek »

:search:
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

One reason why it might appear that the patch made the stuttering worse might be that the game has to build up its shader cache after the patch. You can easily check this by enabling the developer controls (see the section 'Enable development controls' on https://gdn.giants-software.com/documen ... erview.php) and then enable the "Debug Rendering" via the 'F8' function key. If you see the number behind 'Shaders built' increasing when the stuttering occurs then the game is updating the shader cache. By driving around the whole map during day and night the shader cache will get updated and the stuttering should get less.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

It isn't building any shaders as the image below will show. The counter starts and remains at 0 the whole time. I have also tried deleting the shader cache to see if that changes anything, but the counter remains at 0. I am using the DirectX rendering system. In my experience the shader cache related stuttering was far more apparent in previous games still using the OpenGL rendering system.

Pict

Re: [READ] stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

Post by Pict »

I tested this too and mine is the same...shaders built starts at 0 and remains at 0

FS17 has run smoothly for me since it came out at "very high" graphic setting, until yesterday and this new patch I installed

Since then I have tried various graphic setting but the problem of slow motion & stuttering remains. All tests done without any mods installed

Good luck squashing this game stopping bug
------------------------------------

Edit; I decided to do a full re-install...not that I find that really appealing :) and already found some files that shouldn't have been in the main directory...time will tell
Edit 2; So I totally removed FS17, cleaned up my PC, the reg, defragged etc., then installed FS17 pre-patched to version 1.2
I fired up the Sosnovka map and ran around in one of the Zetors and it ran smoothly no slow motion, no stutters and it reminded me of why I liked FS17 so much and how I consciously though it ran better than FS15

The shaders built info still stays at 0 which may be of interest

I'm almost reluctant to continue patching it as this now runs as it should...but on we go
Edit 3; I have now progressively patched 1.2.1.1 1.3 & 1.3.1 (gotta love the ability to shut of the music : ) and the results are the same at each stage as for the pre-patched 1.2 initial install with smooth running, no stutters and the shaders built still remaining at 0

Now to 1.4 which is required to install my DLC's, which as saracaen said above and I recall first time I installed it, has a negative effect on performance...

Edit 4; 1.4 and 1.4.2 all good as everything else so far no change

1.4.4 is a different story, I get an error message with regard to dedicatedServer.exe Movefile failed code 183

I hit the cancel button and restarted the patch...all good. No change performance wise that is apparent. Now I'm back to where I started almost, as I have yet to re-install the Kuhn & Big Bud DLC's...and reluctantly test the latest 1.5.1 patch

Tomorrow :)
Edit 5;
GOOD NEWS !!!

I bit the bullet and installed the 1.5.1 patch as I said I would...almost chicken out, but I'm glad I didn't :)

All good, NO slide show, NO stuttering, just like all the previous tests it runs like it should.

I then installed the Kuhn DLC, all good & the Big Bud DLC, all good too !!!

So whatever the problem was I have yet to understand, but the solution, it would appear is a full removal & re-install
Last edited by Pict on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.
saracaen

Re: [READ] Stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

Post by saracaen »

More people are reporting the same issue on other forums. Doesn't seem to have much to do with G-Sync in general, but overall performance is definitely worse since the last patch.
DukaSoft

Re: [READ] Stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

Post by DukaSoft »

saracaen wrote:More people are reporting the same issue on other forums. Doesn't seem to have much to do with G-Sync in general, but overall performance is definitely worse since the last patch.
Maybe i'm the only one without any issues then :hmm:
Out of curriousity whats your spec? (could help developers aswell)
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
saracaen

Re: Stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

Post by saracaen »

I doubt that these specs would be an issue, since I can run just about every other game with no problems whatsoever.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K
GPU: nVidia GeForce 1080 GTX
RAM: 32 GB - 2400 MHz
HDD: 1 TB NVMe SSD
Monitor: 144 Hz G-Sync
aklein

Post by aklein »

Oh, Ill try this F8 this weekend. I had awful FPS issues on a map I have been playing for quite a while with no issues what so ever on 1.4.4
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

The Sim Station apparently has a similar issue as can be seen in his latest video. Though he uses a fair bit of mods. For me it makes no difference with or without mods. Lowering the settings doesn't make a difference either.