[WON'T FIX] Stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

Post by bassaddict »

@Pict:
According to your LOG file, you're using a laptop with pretty low end hardware and playing on very high. In that case, any stuttering is just normal and pretty much inevitable.
Performance wise, your GPU is actually even slightly below the minimum requirements, according to those benchmarks:
Your GPU -> https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu. ... 50M&id=122
Minimum requirements -> https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu. ... S+450&id=1

Lowering your settings to medium should solve your problem. Maybe high also works, depending on how sensitive you are to framerates.
Pict

Post by Pict »

ekeenan wrote:I wonder if most of the people having the above issue are using Windows 10?
It surley not that, as I also use Windows 7

I have thought long and hard about what changed if anything between 1st installing patch 1.5.1 and having the problem and my 2nd and successful attempt to install 1.5.1

1. My FS17 install was completely removed and the registry cleaned, hard drive defragged and system restarted.

2. I re-installed FS17 and set my screen res and basic in game graphics selector to "very high" and tested FS17,

3. As my laptop has two very different graphics cards, I triple checked my PC graphic settings in the Nvidia control panel under Manage 3D settings/ Program Settings to ensure that the FS17.exe was using the Nvidia card and not the weak on-board graphics card.

I saw this as important as if it had defaulted to the on-board card I could expect a slideshow and other graphic issues, an experience I have had with ILS Sturmovik BOS which defaults to the on-board card on which it is "unplayable" and must be forced to use the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M on which it runs very well.

4. Then patch by patch, (I still had the old patches saved), installed my way back up to 1.4.4 and all appeared to be playable

5. Before installing the 1.5.1 patch again, I re-downloaded it, in case the one I had was in some way corrupt or the developer had managed to slip a fix into a new patch :)

Other than that I did notice that the shaders built info still stayed at 0 during every test I did after each patch...until I installed a selection of mods from the modhub and the shader built info started to count.
Last edited by Pict on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pict

Post by Pict »

bassaddict wrote:@Pict:
According to your LOG file, you're using a laptop with pretty low end hardware and playing on very high. In that case, any stuttering is just normal and pretty much inevitable.
Performance wise, your GPU is actually even slightly below the minimum requirements, according to those benchmarks:

Lowering your settings to medium should solve your problem. Maybe high also works, depending on how sensitive you are to framerates.
I don't have a problem with frame rate or stuttering...not anymore and I still run on the same "very high" settings...Additionally...I tested with minimum setting when I did have the problem and it had no effect of help, which is why I opted to re-install

Even further, I have run this program since it's release on the same laptop with the same settings happily until I installed your 1.5.1 patch !!

Plus there are those here with very high end equipment who do have a problem, what do you have to say about that?

But if you had taken the time to read all that we wrote you would know this :)

You give me the impression you have little or no idea what the problem is as your comment here is clutching at straws at best...I hope I'm wrong.

Edit; I just noticed I've made 7 posts in a few days on a forum I had litte intention of joining...I offed my information to help you, not to get told how weak my computer is...when you should be only happy to see that your software is so good...I'm not impressed but as you decided to offer me some advice I will return the gesture...

As "GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer" I suggest you work on that end and leave customer relations to people with better skill in that field...have a good one.
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

That is the impression I am getting also. There is some issue in either the GIANTS engine itself, or the scripts used for Farming Simulator 17 that cause these issues. There is likely some pattern to them though, like specific OS / hardware combinations. I am really hoping for a definitive fix, because if not this is the end of Farming Simulator for me. It is absolutely unplayable for me, mostly because I am quite sensitive to minute stuttering. Though this is way more than just minute stuttering.

@GIANTS:

What exactly is the problem with running Farming Simulator at more than 60 FPS? I have been running the 1.4.4 version at 120 Hz with no serious problems, though 120 seemed to work better than 144 Hz. What might also be worth trying is playing the game with the framerate indicator on, then using Alt + Tab to go to the desktop. Before using Alt + Tab the framerate was more or less constant, and after it is constantly jumping by 2 - 5 FPS. This was also on version 1.4.4, though I assume the same issue persists on 1.5.1. This might give you some indication about where the problem is coming from. Note that the framerate jumping might only be noticeable on a G-Sync or FreeSync monitor, but I am not sure about that.

Edit:

After some more testing it would appear that using Alt + Tab and reopening the game sets it to borderless fullscreen. For some reason this also causes a drop in performance. This is strange since the game doesn't allow you to choose borderless fullscreen as an option. When setting the game to windowed it still shows the task bar and thus isn't full screen.
Pict

Post by Pict »

When I first installed 1.5.1 patch I got an error message during the install with regard to dedicatedServer.exe Movefile failed code 183

I pushed the "retry" button with no success and eventually pushed the "Ignore" button and the patch installed...but as I already said here many times ran like a slideshow

When I did the full reinstall I got the same error message while installing the 1.4.4 patch and this time had the presence of mind to take a screenshot of, which I just found on my desktop :) so I thought it may be significant and uploaded it here below

This time I pushed the "cancel" button and tried to install the 1.4.4 patch again, and it installed without error...

Then the 1.5.1 patch also installed without error, and , like I said here many times as well, ran as it should, on "very high" settings :)

This might be significant?

@Giants... what does this error mean?

@ anyone else who had a problem with 1.5.1 ...did you have this error too?

LS09God

Post by LS09God »

bassaddict wrote:@Pict:

Sounds like the easy way out. "Oh, your rig is not powerful enough." This is only one person with a (before 1.5.1. fast enough) supposedly slow rig. :hmm:
Granted, the gpu is a tat on the low side. But the game ran in an acceptable way for the guy, prior to the patch from hell.
Read his quote. "Even further, I have run this program since it's release on the same laptop with the same settings happily until I installed your 1.5.1 patch !!"

Well, my rig should be fast enough for the highest settings and indeed it WAS before 1.5.1. And now, I also have the same unplayable slide-show on my ssd (solid state disk, for those who are wondering.)
I really don't think that this issue is a costumer side issue, but more an developer side one. Sure there will be slow computers running this game, but the beefy ones have this issue to. Period... :hi:
Last edited by LS09God on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I have no issues with the game, and I've been running the same update you have. There is some stuttering, but it's not unplayable. Just chill out for a while and let GIANTS fix it, these fixes take a while. And yeah, bassaddict said he had a low end pc. Because he does, and if you run a pc too hard for too long, it can negatively affect the performance of it.

edit by guil.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Pict

Post by Pict »

Smith Modding wrote:...bassaddict said he had a low end pc. Because he does...
He said that because like you he has nothing better to add to the discussion...You have over 1000 posts, have no problem, have not experienced the problem, but you want to repeat bassaddicts weak response to a problem that has gone way over his head.

You must feel wonderful :)

For the last time, I had the same problem saracean LS09God and many, many other have with the 1.5.1 patch

BUT, unlike them I no longer have a problem and the 1.5.1 patch runs just fine on my laptop...better than yours runs based on your description

I only waste my valuable time contributing to this thread in an effort to help cure the problem...not play cheerleader for a "developer" who has nothing positive to add, but appears to look for a reason to do nothing
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

He was just trying to help, and I was supporting him from a bunch of people who are too impatient to wait for a patch. If you want to fix the problem, try removing mods and lowering the graphics settings. Some have said a reinstall helps, try that.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Pict

Post by Pict »

What planet are you on?

I am the guy who did the re-install that helped me!

Your telling me to take my own advice. I was right you have nothing better to to add to the discussion.
Last edited by Pict on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Smith Modding wrote:I have no issues with the game, and I've been running the same update you have. There is some stuttering, but it's not unplayable. Just chill out for a while and let GIANTS fix it, these fixes take a while. And yeah, bassaddict said he had a low end pc. Because he does, and if you run a pc too hard for too long, it can negatively affect the performance of it.

edit by guil.
I am chill, you'd not want to see me not chill. :coolnew:
Smith Modding wrote:He was just trying to help, and I was supporting him from a bunch of people who are too impatient to wait for a patch. If you want to fix the problem, try removing mods and lowering the graphics settings. Some have said a reinstall helps, try that.
We can go on about this issue for ever, but the fact is: At the moment the game is broken for a lot of players who did al the mentioned methods to try to fix this.
Only to be more frustrated and confused. A few days to release of Platinum, let's hope the revised patch will show up soon... :wink3:
Specs:
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Fiber connection.
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

The biggest problem is that performance has been going downhill in the last few patches. Starting with patch 1.4 and now even more so with patch 1.5.1, the game is becoming less and less performant. And the silence from GIANTS is practically deafening. There have basically been no updates whatsoever, other than to blame the hardware used by the users.
TheDarkMonk

Post by TheDarkMonk »

I experienced this when there are too many items or hired workers on map.
Xbox One
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

TheDarkMonk wrote:I experienced this when there are too many items or hired workers on map.
Relative thing, 'too many items'. I mean, 120 or so mods in game on 1.4.4. and all is well, update to 1.5.1. and well, you know the story by now.
When is 'too many items' a thing? With a low-end computer 50 mods will be too many. With a high-end machine 200 mods will still not be to many.
Like I said, 'too many items' is a relative thing. To many variables.
Further more, my game was emptied of all mods and dlc's, but still got slide-show on me.

It all comes down to this at the end. If you where able to play the game on high settings with 200 mods @60fps average, you might expect update 1.5.1 to do the same, if not better. This is not the case.
Specs:
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Fiber connection.
Pict

Post by Pict »

This may or may not be of interest...

farmercath posted a post 1.5.1 patch game freeze problem that was resolved by removing "Microsoft mouse and keyboard control centre & Course play 5"

viewtopic.php?f=896&t=119461