[WON'T FIX] Stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

BeeJay

Re: Stuttering worse than ever since patch 1.5.1

Post by BeeJay »

Yes, the same problem here, it´s so annoying game basically became unplayable, only makes me angry...
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

I am on mac and it seems like the game is much slower to me after the patch as well. It is unplayable when it turns night as all of the lights flicker and you can't see a thing. Before I had issues with a couple of the street lamps flickering, but now all of the lights flicker, building lights and the ones on machines. Hopefully a fix for it.
Picatrix777

Post by Picatrix777 »

Same issue as most in here - FPS goes from 10 to 60 all the time. Game is unplayable on most maps. But the radio works.....
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Any word from the dev's about this issue?
I mean, it's a short run to the release of Platinum. With the game in this state, the DLC will be unplayable.
Not what I was waiting for.

Edit: Just did a reinstall of 1.4.4. and all is well again. In fact, better than ever. lol :hmm:
Good that Giants is on top of there game with patches and I am sure that the Platinum DLC will need the 1.5.x. patch. But for now I want to play and for that i stick with 1.4.4. for the time being. In hopes for another updated patch before Platinum lands.... :hi:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@All: if you want Giants to look into this and try to fix it you'll need to provide some more information about your game setup. Therefore if you are playing on Windows or macOS always post the log.txt file of the game when you report issues here (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature for instructions).

Please also try to reproduce the issue with a complete new career without any mods on one of the default maps to make sure the issue is indeed caused by the game engine and not by a mod or a mod map.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

There are no errors in the log and this happens both with and without mods. New career on any of the default maps doesn't make a difference either. If there is any additional information I can provide, please let me know. Meanwhile I would suggest that GIANTS does some performance testing on their own, and perhaps take a good look at what changed between patch 1.4.4 and 1.5.1. For almost everyone the problems are practically non-existent in the previous patch, so something must have changed that would affect that.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Even if there are no errors or warning in the log.txt posting it here can help narrow down what is causing the issue, because with the info in the log.txt the developers can see on which combinations of hardware and OS the issues are occurring.

The problem with such performance issues is that they are usually quite hard to debug, because there is usually no clear indication of what is causing them. This is especially true on Windows, due to the large amounts of combinations of motherboards, processors, graphic cards, Windows versions and the drivers needed for the hardware. Even if Giants does performance testing on their own (which I'm sure they do) they will never be able to test the game on all possible hardware and OS combinations.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
SimulatorGAMES

Post by SimulatorGAMES »

Hello,
I also have this bug!
I have increases in FPS that causes PING increases on dedicated server, it's unplayable! even without mods,
With the 1.4.4. everything is fine again.
log.txt
(3.51 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

I have attached the log file and tested again with all mods deleted from the mods folder. Still having the same issue.
Attachments
log.txt
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Pict

Post by Pict »

GOOD NEWS !!!

After a full removal & re-install all is well, NO slideshow & NO stuttering :)

I have updated my earlier post with more detail
SimulatorGAMES

Post by SimulatorGAMES »

I also found that the "VariableBody.lua" script used on many mod is no longer compatible with the 1.5.1 update.
When in my folder mods I have a mod that uses the script I can not go into the options of the game at startup, message: "the game has stopped working"
VariableBody.lua
(11.02 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

If people are finding success with complete removal and re-install on PC, then my guess would be to try renaming your FarmingSimulator2017 save folder under "documents\my games" to FarmingSimulator2017.old and then starting the game. This is where game settings, shader cache, etc. are all stored, so doing this would be a quick way for the game to generate all new settings and data. It might be worth a shot. You could then move a specific savegame subfolder out of the .old into the new to get the savegame back if you find this works for you.

Might be worth trying before doing a complete removal and re-install.
Foxy1973

Post by Foxy1973 »

Unplayable on ps4 and standered HDTV since auto updated
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

I have tested a complete reinstall, and for me it makes no difference whatsoever. I am using the Steam version though. I removed the entire game and all related folders, including the one in My Documents. Even on the default settings and at a low resolution performance is absolutely abysmal.

With the previous patch there was a problem where using Alt + Tab would cause similar performance issues. Perhaps this is something GIANTS can use in their attempt to debug the issue. Before using Alt + Tab the in-game framerate indicator would be almost constant, and after re-entering the game it would be all over the place.

I would really like a permanent solution, because at present the game and the upcoming Platinum add-on are completely unplayable.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

With the previous version, I have experienced stuttering while working at night. This stuttering would take place quite a bit. With the new patch, the night time stuttering seems to be gone and this is after going through an all night harvest. I am still using the default map. I also accepted the default graphic settings for the high setting which may have helped.