[SOLVED] Fertilizing after cultivating doesn't work

RODHA

[SOLVED] Fertilizing after cultivating doesn't work

Post by RODHA »

This is the proper bug report of viewtopic.php?f=936&t=119225
We are aware that this bug came with the 1.51 update and is accepted in the German forum but as nobody from Giants commented in the English forum I wanted to open this proper bug report thread so that hopefully we can be able to see the progress in English.

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Any cultivator, any fertilizer
- Issue: If you have fertilized the field befor cultivating you can't fertilize again after cultivating.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Fertilize --> Cultivate --> Fertilize
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Yes / Came with update 1.51
PS5 / FS22
Showdizzle

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Fertilizing after cultivating doesn't work

Post by Showdizzle »

Why would something this simple not be caught? This is a base process of the game.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Testing is quite a difficult job to do.
It is way too easy to miss things.
Especially if they are this usual and routine.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Something I have remembered recently.
My last game save on the golden days of farming was on october 30th. 2 days before the release of 1.51 on november 2nd. In that last game I cultivated oil seed radish into the ground. Something I had already done a lot times in the who dat who der ranch. After cultivating I sow the field with a fertilizing seeder and it just didn't work although it had always worked in the wdwdr map. It seemed extremely weird but I thought i had done something wrong. Now it seems this bug dates 2 days earlier than the release of 1.51
How is that as a coincidence?
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Showdizzle wrote:Why would something this simple not be caught? This is a base process of the game.
Totally agree with you. This is basic testing very easy to be caught. It's caught regress testing, meaning you test not only the new features, but also all the old ones to make sure they work.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
BrettDavid

Post by BrettDavid »

I see now it this bug is labeled "known issue" does that mean giants recognize the issue and are working on it, or is this just the way it will be from now on.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

They recognize the issue as a bug and it is know on their fixing list.
"When" is another question though.
PS5 / FS22
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

@BrettDavid: We've put a bunch of stuff you guys reported here on the forum on [KNOWN ISSUE] and if you look at Patch 1.5.1 you'll see that we also fixed most of that as well ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

BrettDavid wrote:I see now it this bug is labeled "known issue" does that mean giants recognize the issue and are working on it, or is this just the way it will be from now on.
Good observation. What exactly does "known issue" mean to Giants and more importantly what should it mean to the customer? Perhaps therein lies the root of the problem. Communication.

Many on this forum will quickly point to the fact that Giants is a small company. With a very loyal fan base which is a great strength for this company. The one thing it lacks is great communication.

Lisertan relegates communication to "mods currently in testing." Which should be labeled "what is not coming to console." During update 1.4 and 1.5 an honest, straightforward communication effort with the community would bolster what is already a strong relationship. The company which is not making strides in innovation and lacks in quality assurance surely would at a minimum want to help customers understand.

You have PC users rolling back the update, numerous threads concerning bugs, etc.

edit by guil. Leave out the insults please.
empato

Post by empato »

BrettDavid wrote:I see now it this bug is labeled "known issue" does that mean giants recognize the issue and are working on it, or is this just the way it will be from now on.
It`s confirmed from Pfreek in the german forum

viewtopic.php?f=934&t=119143#p933566
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Showdizzle wrote:
Good observation. What exactly does "known issue" mean to Giants and more importantly what should it mean to the customer? Perhaps therein lies the root of the problem. Communication.

Many on this forum will quickly point to the fact that Giants is a small company. With a very loyal fan base which is a great strength for this company. The one thing it lacks is great communication.

Lisertan relegates communication to "mods currently in testing." Which should be labeled "what is not coming to console." During update 1.4 and 1.5 an honest, straightforward communication effort with the community would bolster what is already a strong relationship. The company which is not making strides in innovation and lacks in quality assurance surely would at a minimum want to help customers understand.

You have PC users rolling back the update, numerous threads concerning bugs, etc.
I'm afraid I have to agree with you. "Giants is a small company" is an excuse for everything, apparently including releasing a patch with a bug so serious, that there are players like me, who are unable to play the game at all.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Showdizzle wrote: Good observation. What exactly does "known issue" mean to Giants and more importantly what should it mean to the customer? Perhaps therein lies the root of the problem. Communication.
The meaning of "known issue" and other states is described in the following post: viewtopic.php?f=936&t=110383
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
BrettDavid

Post by BrettDavid »

Thank you for posting that link. That clears up a lot of questions. Is there a time line on when this bug will be fixed? I won't go as far as to say it makes the game unplayable now (which it clearly doesnt) but it does make the game less enjoyable for me, personally.
Karlox

Post by Karlox »

I think its related to this:

Also when using 3 stage fertilizing. Spreading slurry with zunidisc to ploughed field doesn't work.

To reproduce:
-Harvest grain.
-Spread fertilizer
-Plough
-Try to spread 2nd fertilizer stage with slurry using Zunidisc (and obv. cultivating at the same time), DOESN'T WORK.

However spreading fertilizer or slurry without Zunidisc works at this point. But this is already known I guess. The problem is in cultivator somehow aplying the "dark" fertilized layer?
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Showdizzle wrote: Lisertan relegates communication to "mods currently in testing." Which should be labeled "what is not coming to console."
There's a "PC" section and a "PS4/XBOX" category, so no, it shouldn't be called "what's by coming to consoles" they do it so that players know what mods they MIGHT get soon

Edit don_apple: fixed quoting
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10