[SOLVED] PC Dedicated Server does not always show up to players in multiplayer game list

Slivicon

[SOLVED] PC Dedicated Server does not always show up to players in multiplayer game list

Post by Slivicon »

Dedicated server does not always show up in multiplayer game list.

This can occur when there are no errors in any of the logs viewable from the dedicated server web panel and the server is online, so there does not appear to be any indication that anything is wrong.

This is not the same as when someone has a search filter set when browsing the multiplayer game list, or is not updated to the same version as the dedicated server or is not looking in the correct master list (e.g.International, Germany, Europe).

Restarting the dedicated server from the panel can resolve this, however this is not an acceptable solution as there is no indicator in the dedicated server panel that it is not being displayed in the appropriate multiplayer game list for clients.

There should be an error or an alert showing on the dedicated server panel that it is not being displayed to other players in the game list.

I did see an error one time a while ago that might be related to the game list, but if this is related, it should be persistent, like every time it goes to broadcast itself to players, if it is not working for whatever reason, it logs an error and shows an alert.

EDIT: Also the automatic restart seems buggy and often fails, so I've deactivated it.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: PC Dedicated Server does not always show up to players in multiplayer game list

Post by x Lethian x »

This is very hard to reproduce in this manner. Have you tried contacting our support at support@giants-software.com or contacting the hosters directly if they have other clients experiencing this as well? Since when is this problem occuring to be exact?
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Slivicon

Re: PC Dedicated Server does not always show up to players in multiplayer game list

Post by Slivicon »

x Lethian x wrote:This is very hard to reproduce in this manner. Have you tried contacting our support at support@giants-software.com or contacting the hosters directly if they have other clients experiencing this as well? Since when is this problem occuring to be exact?
I have not had the issue occur again of which I'm aware and have not been able to reproduce it. If it happens again I will try to gather more information to send.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] PC Dedicated Server does not always show up to players in multiplayer game list

Post by x Lethian x »

Thank you. I will mark this as solved for now if that's ok with you.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
TRG92

Re: [SOLVED] PC Dedicated Server does not always show up to players in multiplayer game list

Post by TRG92 »

Hi y´all,

This is the exact problem my friends and I have.
We use a server from G-portal.
Personally I am a Mac user, and I can find and connect to the server and play the game, with no issues.
Both of my friends who wants to join use a Windows 11 machine.
Any more information on solving this issue??