[SOLVED] Hired workers not finishing there work on fields (bug?)

TheDarkMonk

[SOLVED] Hired workers not finishing there work on fields (bug?)

Post by TheDarkMonk »

Platform: Xbox one

Map: Any Map

Issue: A.I. Worker

So when I hire a worker to do a field, they do it but when they get to the sides they'll just stop after just a few meters of work and think there done. They'll stop where a tree would be on the side that is NOT in front them and think there done. I fix this by just doing 1 side of the field and then the other for them to do field work properly.

This is game breaking to me.

If anyone have experienced this please share.
Xbox One
canadafarms

Re: Hired workers not finishing there work on fields (bug?)

Post by canadafarms »

This is well known and everybody experiences this. The best work around is exactly what you said you are already doing. It is actually better after they fixed them somewhat in an earlier patch, unfortunately this is the reality of the new "smarter" AI for FS 17.
PS4
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi TheDarkMonk!

We would need a bit more info on this: What exactly is the helper doing? What vehicles/tools is he using? Can you name a couple of fields this is happening on? Or better yet, add a video of this issue occuring? Thanks!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
TheDarkMonk

Post by TheDarkMonk »

x Lethian x wrote:Hi TheDarkMonk!

We would need a bit more info on this: What exactly is the helper doing? What vehicles/tools is he using? Can you name a couple of fields this is happening on? Or better yet, add a video of this issue occuring? Thanks!
The vehicle's, tools or fields aren't the issue just the worker A.I.

Here's a video of me demonstrating the A.I. stupidity.

I put a building on the side of the field to show what the worker will do when there's a building/tree on the side. You'll see me get out and watch as the worker just stops and starts to do a new line of work. I get back in to re position the tractor setup and hire the worker again. The worker continues to disobey.

https://youtu.be/BNNcpiAWXfU

Does this help?
Xbox One
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] Hired workers not finishing there work on fields (bug?)

Post by x Lethian x »

Ah ok, I see what you mean. Yes, the helper AI is detecting a possible, upcoming collision and therefore turns around. The water tower (?) you have placed - is that ours from the basegame or a mod placeable? Maybe the collision box is a little too big on this model and since you have placed the model so near to the field border, the AI will get stuck on it. Try placing it further away and you should be fine ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
TheDarkMonk

Re: [READ] Hired workers not finishing there work on fields (bug?)

Post by TheDarkMonk »

x Lethian x wrote:Ah ok, I see what you mean. Yes, the helper AI is detecting a possible, upcoming collision and therefore turns around. The water tower (?) you have placed - is that ours from the basegame or a mod placeable? Maybe the collision box is a little too big on this model and since you have placed the model so near to the field border, the AI will get stuck on it. Try placing it further away and you should be fine ;)
Water tower is a mod. I placed it there as an example that's all. I think its a detection issue.

Well i guess I'll have to deal with it. There are ways to get around it though.
Xbox One