[SOLVED] Possible bug w. Platinum expansion

Fugly_Garage

[SOLVED] Possible bug w. Platinum expansion

Post by Fugly_Garage »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Single Row Billet Planter and Two Row Billet Planter

- Issue: When attempting to use either the Single or Two Row Billet Planters on a standard or mod map (I have tried both Goldcrest Valley and Who Dat Who Dere Ranch, two things occur.
1) When you hire a worker, your money decreases extremely rapidly.
2) The Planter doesn’t seem to plant anything nor does the seed or fertiliser level go down (I sped the time up to see if anything grew and it did not, despite the hired worker working as per normal).

- Single- or Multiplayer: Single

- Steps to reproduce: Have tried with a new save game on both above mentioned maps, and without additional mods being loaded. The problem still presents.
Is it that you can only plant and Work sugar cane on the new map (Estancia Lapacho)?

- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: yes/no: Yes.
Smith Modding

Re: Possible bug w. Platinum expansion

Post by Smith Modding »

Are you sure that "Helpers Refill Seeds" is on? Because having that on would cause all of the things you've mentioned
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
higgy81

Post by higgy81 »

im having the same problems, I refilled the cane planter and nothing grows, on the crops map it goes from ploughed to harvester in colour and nothing grows
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Well, sugarcane takes twice as long to grow. And when you first plant it, it shows harvested before it moves to the second growth stage
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
higgy81

Post by higgy81 »

think I've found the problem on the pc, on download plant growth was on off in the options, turned it on and yep sugarcane grows :-)
Fugly_Garage

Post by Fugly_Garage »

Smith Modding, I let the time run out for a good 10-12 hours and still nothing grew. It just doesn’t seem to plant. Even so, the huge expense it takes to have a helper do it, should be cause for alarm alone. On “Who Dat Who Dere Ranch, one pass on the narrow side of field 12 cost $120k.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You need to turn off helper buy seeds.
Fugly_Garage

Post by Fugly_Garage »

Guil wrote:You need to turn off helper buy seeds.
It is off.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] Possible bug w. Platinum expansion

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Fugly_Garage!

I just tried reproducing this on GCV but did not encounter any issues. If the helper is set to buy seeds AND fertilizer him/herself, then this is the expected behaviour. Since sugarcane takes A LOT of stalks AND you are fertilizing at the same time, the money count keeps dropping ;) The sown sugarcane would grow normally on my save though. Have you tried setting the helper to use your own inventory instead?

I'll mark this as solved for now since we cannot reproduce it (sugarcane not growing) on our side.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Fugly_Garage

Re: [SOLVED] Possible bug w. Platinum expansion

Post by Fugly_Garage »

UPDATE: Whilst this was still an issue for me, I’d just like to add that there has been an update on “Who Dat Who Der Ranch” in the last week which has rectified my issues. *thumbsup*
Farminator0658

Post by Farminator0658 »

I've got a slightly different issue with the planter. I've depleted the billets in the hopper, and the planter won't let me load more. What's up with that? I've loaded all but the last two crates of cane billets, but something apparently broke while playing the game in multiplayer mode. I've switched to career mode, and no help. I have no idea what it is I'm doing wrong. I've approached the planter from just about any angle it can be approached from. I even set the pallet on top of the planter (which leaves it floating in mid-air) Any tips on this thing?

UPDATE: I found that R on the keyboard will load the hopper from crates, but apparently after a couple uses, the button combination for a game controller (Xbox) doesn't work anymore. Once I loaded the hopper with the first crate, though, all I did was put the second over the hopper and it auto loaded. "That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature".
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

Any chance you're running the seasons mod with one of the localized climate mods? Because most of them disable sugar cane growth.

EDIT: Sorry, looks like you tried without mods.