[READ] Lizard SWC 7 sugar cane harvester only recognizes center of tipper and is difficult to fill.

BrickVoid

[READ] Lizard SWC 7 sugar cane harvester only recognizes center of tipper and is difficult to fill.

Post by BrickVoid »

The Lizard SWC 7 sugar cane harvester only recognizes the center of the tipper you bring alongside it, and it makes it very difficult to fill a tipper whilst the hired worker only wants to fill the tipper at the center point. I have had issues with the tractor drifting too far to the right of the harvester and getting stuck in the pathfinding of the AI Helper, therefore blocking it. It would be a great help if the AI would properly recognize the entire length of the tipper for the harvester and not just the center point of it as I could hang back further from his tractor whilst following it.

This occurs using either the default supplied sugarcane trailers or the Randon Sugarcane Trailer, it does not matter which tipper is used, the AI only wants to fill any of them from the center of the tipper and not the entire edge that is brought alongside the harvester.

This seems like an issue with the AI not having the proper fill plane sensing for the new harvester units, can Giants please fix this ASAP? It makes sugarcane harvesting with any tipper a big pain.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] Lizard SWC 7 sugar cane harvester only recognizes center of tipper and is difficult to fill.

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi BrickVoid!

Have you tried working with a helper + Cruise Control?
Send the helper to work the harvester, set your cruise control to 10 km/h and then just drive alongside of him. I haven't been having any trouble at all this way ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
RetiredEGS

Re: [READ] Lizard SWC 7 sugar cane harvester only recognizes center of tipper and is difficult to fill.

Post by RetiredEGS »

Yes it is a pain. Even at the stary of a row you neef to have the tipper just right for it to start the next row. then it hits the tipper as it turns into the row to start the harvest
PS4 and PC
BrickVoid

Post by BrickVoid »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:57 pm Hi BrickVoid!

Have you tried working with a helper + Cruise Control?
Send the helper to work the harvester, set your cruise control to 10 km/h and then just drive alongside of him. I haven't been having any trouble at all this way ;)
I tried that myself but the problem is that there is no such thing as a straight line in Farming Simulator and if you forget a course correction you wind up blocking the helper which is no help at all!

Now, if I were able to hire a worker to automatically drive the tipper alongside of the helper driving the harvester, then it wouldn't be as much of a problem because helpers have auto correct built into their steering. But that would require Giants to program that functionality into the game.

Driving alongside a unit is fun for the first hour or so, then it gets boring. I haven't played much Farming Simulator because of this very problem. It takes considerable time and effort to work a map to the point where you can use large harvesters to easily and quickly gather crops in from large fields. Even more time if any of it needs to be handled manually. I prefer to play FS maps and fields where the AI helper doesn't need to be babysat and have their hand held. While the sugar cane is a great addition, it needs some additional helpers who can drive tippers in order to make it better in terms of automatically collecting the crop.

Additionally, you haven't commented on the actual problem, which is that the tipper will only get filled by the SWC 7 at the center of the tipper, and not alongside the whole length of the tipper. It's not easy to maneuver these due to the already mentioned tractor drift so please consider improving at the very least the tipper fill plane.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi BrickVoid!

I myself have not experienced this problem that teh tipper is only filled in the middle. Like I said, I had no problem driving alongside the helper in a normal matter and getting filled up while doing so...Especially CruiseControl will help you with this. Have you tried setting it up as I've said and does this still not improve your handling with the helper?

Sugarcane is a two man job. You can do it either with a helper or completely by yourself but the harvest itself will not be fully automated since sugarcane is harvested by more than only one IRL. Believe me - I am a big singleplayer myself and would love to have several helpers work my different sugarcane fields, but that's just the way our game designers have intended it for now. Also the big pro is, that sugarcane doesn't wither - so you can take all the time you need to reel in your harvest with your partners ;)
BrickVoid

Post by BrickVoid »

x Lethian x wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:18 am Hi BrickVoid!

I myself have not experienced this problem that teh tipper is only filled in the middle. Like I said, I had no problem driving alongside the helper in a normal matter and getting filled up while doing so...Especially CruiseControl will help you with this. Have you tried setting it up as I've said and does this still not improve your handling with the helper?

Sugarcane is a two man job. You can do it either with a helper or completely by yourself but the harvest itself will not be fully automated since sugarcane is harvested by more than only one IRL. Believe me - I am a big singleplayer myself and would love to have several helpers work my different sugarcane fields, but that's just the way our game designers have intended it for now. Also the big pro is, that sugarcane doesn't wither - so you can take all the time you need to reel in your harvest with your partners ;)
Have you tested using the Randon trailer, the biggest sugarcane trailer in the store, with an included dolly as part of the purchase? Because this is the tipper I have the problem with! What the AI helper that is operating the harvester does is exactly this: He will only fill the entire tipper from the center of the tipper and not along it's entire length. Any other harvester will usually fill a tipper at whatever point you bring it's crop ejection point to. This usually is the part that is on the end of an auger or other crop unloading point on the machine, and pours out the crop into a tipper.

Perhaps an image will sort things for you more clearly?

https://imgur.com/a/Edmsq

Apparently, your forum software doesn't recognize .png or .jpg file format pictures or there was some problem with the file name that it didn't like. So I used imgur instead. Please note that the point at which the AI helper is unloading cut sugarcane into the tipper is the ONLY point at which he wants to unload sugarcane. And you can see that in the screenshot. What I would want for the AI helper to be able to do is to fill from any part of the ENTIRE length of the tipper. Is that really impossible to understand that this is the problem I'm having with this game of yours?

I don't know if I mentioned it, but this is using the Steam version of your game. If there is an update that fixes this and it's not uploaded to Steam already, please have it pushed to them soonest!

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

I wish there was another harvester for sugar cane
NateS

Post by NateS »

I don't think that Randon trailer was really designed to work like that. It's supposed to be more of a leave at the end of the field type and filled with the smaller cane trailers. That being said, it should fill at any point, not just the center.
I want to do some testing on this as I have a feeling that it has more to do with the harvester than the trailer. Cane and forage harvesters have a pipe out position that moves around depending on where they are in relation to a certain point on the trailer. Maybe try the in game Krone silage trailer or the BsM 70,000L semi trailer and see if you get the same result.
PC & PS4
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hey BrickVoid!

Yes, I tested it with Radon Tipper (+Dolly version) and it is perfectly normal that only the middle part is filled - this is due to the fact that the harvester pipe only reaches this point when driving directly next to it. The Tipper is very long and therefore it is impossible to drive "behind" the harvester since the pipe also only unloads straight downwards. As you may have already noticed, the pipe will rotate and not reach the tipper anymore; it will be "out of bounds", so to say.
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

I wish that you could use a sugar beet harvester to harvest sugar cane
BrickVoid

Post by BrickVoid »

x Lethian x wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 am Hey BrickVoid!

Yes, I tested it with Radon Tipper (+Dolly version) and it is perfectly normal that only the middle part is filled - this is due to the fact that the harvester pipe only reaches this point when driving directly next to it. The Tipper is very long and therefore it is impossible to drive "behind" the harvester since the pipe also only unloads straight downwards. As you may have already noticed, the pipe will rotate and not reach the tipper anymore; it will be "out of bounds", so to say.
What does "behind" have to do with my question? I wrote "alongside" - that is a huge difference in words. Get your facts straight. It's not at all impossible to drive alongside of the harvester with the tipper where I want to position it, I therefore request, for the last and final time, that Giants fixes this issue once and for all.

I'm done responding to this thread as I've outlined the issue I'm seeing which is that I can't position the tipper somewhere that I should absolutely be able to position it, this should now be handed to your programmers for fixing, testing, etcetera.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

there is no problem with driving "alongside" the tipper. When driving next to it, both vehicles/tractors are next to each other due to their width and the pipe only is so long for it to reach the center of the tipper. And here it works perfectly fine. It would be impossible or very poorly displayed if the pipe would start unloading into the tipper walls/next to it but the trailer would be filled at the same point. Using the image you provided, I tried to visualize what I am trying to explain here - I hope this clears it up ;)

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true
BrickVoid

Post by BrickVoid »

x Lethian x wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:50 am there is no problem with driving "alongside" the tipper. When driving next to it, both vehicles/tractors are next to each other due to their width and the pipe only is so long for it to reach the center of the tipper. And here it works perfectly fine. It would be impossible or very poorly displayed if the pipe would start unloading into the tipper walls/next to it but the trailer would be filled at the same point. Using the image you provided, I tried to visualize what I am trying to explain here - I hope this clears it up ;)

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true
Your image demonstrates perfectly why I don't like the sugar cane harvester pictured in my image. It's because the pipe can swing in the arc that you describe that I'm having issues with how it behaves with regards to the tipper. Every other pipe system that exists on a Farming Simulator harvester is quite capable of finding any part of the tipper's inside, and has always been able to do so. But Giants, for whatever reason, decided to be different with this unit. I still fail to see why it couldn't just target any available section of the side of the tipper. Why do I waste my time trying to explain this to you? *sighs*

This could very easily be fixed but you want to be difficult and not allow something that could absolutely work in real life to exist in your game. Well, be that way, I no longer care.

If Giants ever decide to fix this properly, so that I can enjoy something that's realistic and adequately resembles what can be done in real life, I might play Farming Simulator again, but right now I'm just going to leave it and just not play with it because you seem to be unable to figure out why you want to fix this bug.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
NateS

Post by NateS »

You complain and talk of realism and such but IRL they don't use those giant trailers to drive beside the harvester like that. That trailer should be parked at the edge of the field and a much smaller cane tipper used to drive beside the harvester. You are not using the equipment as intended, therefor it's not a bug that needs fixing as you demand.
PC & PS4
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Exactly.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.