[SOLVED] Xbox one controller

Post by K Money »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: n/a
- Issue: Xbox one controller no longer functions
- Single- or Multiplayer:
- Steps to reproduce:
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes

It works fine to skip through the intro clips, but isn't acknowledged at the menus or in game, happened after the latest update, reverted to a previous version and it worked again.
Have also checked the drivers and they are up to date
Platform; PC
Windows 7
NateS

Re: Xbox one controller

Post by NateS »

Giants is aware of this and working on a hot fix... (Mentioned in a few other threads)
PC & PS4
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

You have steam version?
You can fix this issue but :
1. I try launch game from different ways (steam library,start menu,steam big picture) ,only one is working,desktop shortcut (steam://rungameid/447020)
2. When you are in main menu just unplug and plug your controller,also you can launch game without controller and plug in menus
K Money

Post by K Money »

Hopefully the hotfix comes soon, i have a day off coming lol. I'll try that maikello. Did launch through desktop shortcut, also tried removing the xml file linked to it but no luck, so I'll see if that's any help
Platform; PC
Windows 7
markare

Post by markare »

Rollback the update until the hotfix appears. Everything in your game will work as it did before
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

K Money sorry for my bad english but I try to explain what You must do
So you delete inputBinding.xml and your gamepad still not working?Strange because it happen when you try to make some binds.Try this:
Delete that inputBinding.xml ,launch game,go to options,then go to binds menu and bind whatever you want,save and go to last page where you can setup dead zone and just change one of them (axis 1 from 14 to 16% rly dsnt matter),now your gamepad is not working, you can only skip intros just because of this binding. But when u change dead zone u can find in inputBinding.xml line like this

<devices>
<device name="XINPUT_GAMEPAD" id="0_XINPUT_GAMEPAD">
<attributes axis="0" deadzone="0.200000"/>
</device>
</devices>

id="0_XINPUT_GAMEPAD" 0 is a reason,change to id="1_XINPUT_GAMEPAD"
thats all you must do

edit.
no need to set the dead zone, just set binds, save and you can exit the game and ofc change the zero to 1 in the xml file