[READ] Constant crashing

Patrick83

[READ] Constant crashing

Post by Patrick83 »

Platinum 17 PS4. Game is unplayable due to constant crashing. Estancia Lapacho. Game crashes when hiring help, opening the store, randomly, when trying to purchase or sell items. I have to pause and save every couple minutes or all is lost. I’ve only noticed it on this map. I don’t have many mods. I don’t have this issue on Gold Crest or Lawfolds, so far.
Hairy Bob

Re: Constant crashing

Post by Hairy Bob »

Does it do the same if you start a new save with no mods?
If that fixes it, add half of your mods in at a time until it crashes, then take half of those mods out. Repeat until you narrow it down to the problem mod.
If it still crashes with no mods, try reinstalling the game with the latest patch.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Patrick!

Please provide us with your log file so we can take a closer look - thanks!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

Hes on ps4 no log file
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Ah yes, I've missed that bit - my bad. Does the crashing occur if you only play on Estancia Lapacho with no mods at all? If so, is there any way you can reproduce this to make it happen regularly?
Totenfarmer

Re: [READ] Constant crashing

Post by Totenfarmer »

I hope it's ok for me to join this thread, I am experiencing the same on pc.
This happens with or without mods to me, there is no other error than this:

Code: Select all

Error: D3D11Texture::init: Creation of texture with checked formats failed 
  ..\..\..\src\base\3d\d3d11\D3D11Texture.cpp (533)Error: Render device Error: Unknown.
Error: Render device Error: Unknown.
I have been troubleshooting this with checking if my gpu is healthy, checking all drivers are up to date etc., I also tried changing some texture sizes in mods after a tip I found on fs-uk ( no, I have not touched the base game ) that seemed to work for some, it was changing textures so there was no textures smaller than 8x8 pixels, but since this also happens when playing with the vanilla maps and machinery it seems the error is in the latest update, at least that makes sense to me, I have never experienced a crash on FS17 until patch 1.5.3.1, yesterday I also tried to completely remove the game and reinstall, today it crashes again.

EDIT: Now the game has started crashing without leaving any errors, just crashing randomly..
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Totenfarmer!

Could you please post your complete log file for us to take a look at? Thanks.
Patrick83

Post by Patrick83 »

It only crashes on Estancia. I do have mods on that farm but I have those same mods on other lands. It happens randomly at times but always happens when I hire workers. After working fields for hours, not saving prior to hiring, all that work is lost. It is PS4. And this appears to be the only land it does this. I did the digital download on my console but bought my son the physical disc. I believe it happened to him twice or so. I kept checking here for a reply but for whatever reason it said no one read it for weeks.. sorry it took so long.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

This is a very strange one...and since we do not have proper reproduction case, I'm shooting into the blue here - you could try two things: Delete and reinstall the whole game to see if that fixes it and @Totenfarmer, please check if there are any new driver updates available for your GPU.
Patrick83

Post by Patrick83 »

Ok thanks. I was hesitant to do that. I have that Farm set up really sweet too. Shame to lose it all.