[READ] Still having issue with hired workers on sprayers

gilroy222

[READ] Still having issue with hired workers on sprayers

Post by gilroy222 »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: All self propelled sprayers
- Issue: Even in the middle of large open fields, the sprayer will stop, start reversing back to the headland, turn facing sideways and then travel to the side of the field before stopping and saying "worker has completed task". When starting the worker again in the field you must work past the point this began in order to get the worker to continue working as normal. Happens on Gold Crest Valley before and after mods were added. Not a collision issue as it can happen in the middle of the field where the booms are not even close to the edge of the field. So far the worst seems to be field #'s 25 and 22. Has also happened sometimes on field's 26 and 30. Do not own any more larger fields than that in order to test.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Have only tried it in Single Player. Not sure if it happens in multiplayer.
- Steps to reproduce: Simply have the worker begin working. About halfway through the field is when things begin to go wrong.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no Yes
SteelRodent

Re: [READ] Still having issue with hired workers on sprayers

Post by SteelRodent »

It's the AI's collision prevention that's stuff and constantly goes into a panic for no reason. Basically it will turn around whenever there's not enough space to either side of it, even when it's supposed to go straight another 500+ meter before turning around.

It's not just the sprayers - you just see it more with the sprayers because they're so wide. It will happen with any tool if it thinks there's something too close to the field. On modded maps where the fields are much closer, I've had it destroy an entire field because I made the mistake of hiring help to cultivate a harvested field while I was doing other stuff. It came close to a tree, turned around, and ended up in the next field where it continued working and destroyed the crop.

Like I've said before: We NEED vector based field definitions (that is, nodes that tell the game where the corners and edges of the field is, just like we use IRL to optimize the GPS routes around the fields) instead of a field merely being defined by whether the ground is painted grass or dirt. That way the game can merely look at the coordinates of the machines and instantly see whether it's on the field or not on the field, and whether something it passes will be in the way, and then you can easily code it to stay inside the field where it belongs, instead of driving around outside where it should never go. And you won't have issues like this where it turns around for no reason.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

I'm also now finding it on westbridge hills. The fields are enormous and even when the sprayer is in the middle of the field, it just stops, reverses, and then turns 90 degrees and drives over to the edge and gets caught up with trees or objects. It's honestly rediculous.
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

gilroy222 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 am I'm also now finding it on westbridge hills. The fields are enormous and even when the sprayer is in the middle of the field, it just stops, reverses, and then turns 90 degrees and drives over to the edge and gets caught up with trees or objects. It's honestly rediculous.
I never use the AI to fertilize because it's always done a terrible job at it, and it's just not equipped to deal with the sprayers or much anything other than the cultivators.

I do have the AI turn around randomly with the AI Vehicle Extrension mod, but with the regular AI helpers it's normally always an absurd space issue or the speed drops too low and it thinks it's stuck.