[READ] Sticking ALT (modifier) key

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

[READ] Sticking ALT (modifier) key

Post by Rahkiin »

It is possible for modifier keys to 'stick', breaking the input system.
- Platform: PC (only platform with keyboard)
- SP+MP
- Reproduce: not sure, I tried jamming the alt key on mac. Maybe switching with alt-tab can cause it? Only a problem when a mod uses ALT key combo's like Seasons.

See https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... issues/731
don_apple

Re: Sticking ALT (modifier) key

Post by don_apple »

This might be caused by the "Sticky Keys" feature provided by some OSs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticky_keys
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
W1der

Re: Sticking ALT (modifier) key

Post by W1der »

My first thought on this was exactly what don_apple pointed out.
But on my system (running Win10) this feature includes a prompt with a question that asks me if I want to enable this function.
I am running the game in windowed mode and the prompt will show "on top of the game" if I press the shift button 5 times, so one should probably be aware if this feature is enabled.

I am hardly using the keyboard at all, but I noticed an Issue that is "the other way around" ... where the "modifier key" is NOT detected the first time i press the button combination.
I have noticed this when using the "unload here" function, which I have mapped to 2 buttons on my button box, one of them a latching switch and the other one a momentary switch.

As this might be related I thought I would mention it.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Smith Modding

Re: [READ] Sticking ALT (modifier) key

Post by Smith Modding »

I know on my Logitech game pad sometimes it doesn't recognize multiple buttons getting pressed at once (normally 2, but sometimes 3) and it'll just do whatever the first command is set to
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Ian898

Re: [READ] Sticking ALT (modifier) key

Post by Ian898 »

it's funny coming across a post like this, I have had this issue on a few occasions in multiple different games I just thought it was my keyboard giving out but it now leads me to think I overlooked something within Win10 must be one of them options I didn't disable lol
Frontier Design Discord Invite: [https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU] | My Facebook | My Youtube