[SOLVED] When loading a map, with and without mods, most of the components are invisible

GameSage

[SOLVED] When loading a map, with and without mods, most of the components are invisible

Post by GameSage »

When I load a map, both a save and a new map, with and without any mods, all the components on each tractor and piece of equipment are invisible. For example, on the New Holland tractor you start with on the first map, all you can see are: the rear fenders, the trailer hitch, the side windows, the company logo on the steering wheel, the radiator cap and the wheel hubs. Everything else is visually missing.

This problem is present on all interactive objects.

I have tried repairing my install
complete uninstall and reinstall
disabling and removing all mods
updating my GPU driver
starting a new save
and finally updating the game.

The only thing that all that has accomplished is that now the front equipment linkage on the front of the starting New Holland tractor is now visible.

Anyone know how to fix this?
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: When loading a map, with and without mods, most of the components are invisible

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi GameSage!

You have already tried updating your graphics card drivers? Can you go into the MyGames folder, Farming SImulator 17 and delete the shader cache folder in there as well? Then restart the game and check again. Normally a complete reinstall of the whole game should do the trick. Can you maybe add a screenshot of the problem as well?

Thanks!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
GameSage

Re: [READ] When loading a map, with and without mods, most of the components are invisible

Post by GameSage »

Thank you for getting back to me Lethian(Star Trek reference?) I did update the GPU Drivers. My GeForce experience program does a great job of that. I did try deleting the entire directory in the myGames folder, since anything short of that has failed. Im getting ready to reinstall platinum as we speak. I'll add to this after I have checked it again.

ADDENDUM: So it seems to be fixed now. So, unfortunately that means no image of what was happening. As far as the cause, the only thing I can potentially link it to was a modded manure sprayer that one of the mission givers provided for one of their field sprayer missions. Anyway, im thinking that this tank glitched, caused a blue screen, and from there every vehicle in the game acquired a cloaking device that works on everything except windows, trailer hitches, suspension linkages and company logos.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] When loading a map, with and without mods, most of the components are invisible

Post by x Lethian x »

Good to hear that it's resolved then ;)

And actually, no - it isn't a Star Trek reference...just my D&D character's name since like forever :D
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
GameSage

Re: [SOLVED] When loading a map, with and without mods, most of the components are invisible

Post by GameSage »

Ah, I thought maybe you named yourself after the telepathic client race of the Klingons. The Klingons use them when they want to extract information from someone's mind when conventional means of interrogation are ineffective. Though usually their telepathy, when used in this manner, is usually fatal to the recipient.