Logitech steering wheel

Mr. Sahlgreen

Logitech steering wheel

Post by Mr. Sahlgreen »

Dear GIANTS Software GmbH

Are you up to screwing me for my money...?

Yesterday I bought Farming Simulator 19 via the Apple App Store, and how excited I was.

But!

FS 19 will in no way start up when my Logitech steering wheel is connected to the computer. FS 19 starts fine without my Logitech steering wheel being connected. However, if I connect the USB connector while FS 19 is running, FS 19 dies instantly as if it had never been started.

My setup works wonderfully with FS17, no problems there…

Best regards

Mr. Sahlgreen

Last login: Sun Dec 2 16:55:44 on ttys000
xxxxxxxxxxx-iMac:~ xxxxxxxxx$ /Applications/Farming\ Simulator\ 2019.app/Contents/MacOS/activation ; exit;
GIANTS Engine Runtime 8.0.0 (17802:17805) (Build Date: Nov 16 2018)
Copyright (c) 2008-2018, GIANTS Software GmbH (giants-software.com), All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 2003-2018, Christian Ammann and Stefan Geiger, All Rights Reserved.
Application: FarmingSimulator2019
Main System
CPU: 8 @ 4.2 GHZ
Memory: 40960 MB
Physics System
Version: 5.9.5
Thread(s): 2
Input System
Keyboard enabled
Mouse enabled
logout
Saving session...

Edit don_apple: moved to 'Bug-Reports' section, since this looks like a bug in the game.
Leonara

Re: Logitech steering wheel

Post by Leonara »

Decided to post here since I have a Logitech Driving Force GT That has a couple of bugs. This wheel works beautifully with FS15 and FS17. By default It worked with FS19 with a couple of bugs. Now with the installation of the patch it seems to still dee my confi by does not reposnd to the pedals or steering.

Its as if the device has changed or the config binding xml has changed(but it hasn't).

What would the upgrade patch make my wheel stop working. If I go back to the old version which I had zipped just in case, everything works perfectly.

Now minor bugs, the DPAD down key and the and the + key on the steering wheel are mapped to the same detection. They should not be. The
+ on the steering is mapped as a Dpad Down arrow, that's wrong. Also the center Horn button is not mappable either. it is on FS17 and 15.
dvapsy
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by dvapsy »

Hello,

Close the game and try deleting the inputbinding.xml file in My Documents/My Games/Farming Simulator 19 then start the game and see if that solves your issue (on a mac the path is /Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2019 - the "Library" directory is most likely hidden by default and has to be enabled first).

As for the mapping issues themselves - wheels from different manufacturers have to be configured manually according to user preference, it is not guaranteed that custom controllers will work in a plug and play fashion.

We are working on adding more and more custom controller mappings to the game but the list will never include all the devices available on the market. The reason for that is simple - not all wheel manufacturers have agreed to work together with us to optimise their wheel for the game.

To make sure you always get the best performance out of the game, keep an eye out for patches in the following months.

Cheers
How to post a log file | How to upload images
Leonara

Post by Leonara »

Deleting the input Bindings file is ridiculous, Why would the patch affect the binding file. Do you know how long it takes to reconfigure a Steering wheel and Joystick for that matter because its all in the same binding file, its takes a long time to get everything mapped the way you want it and then you get a response like "delete the binding file".

I can't believe you would even suggest that. Especially since it was working with the original version. You patch doesn't even change th file at all. Something is bugged in your patch, if I re-install a fresh version of FS 19 and copy my binding file it works!

YOU HAVE A BUG!!!
dvapsy
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by dvapsy »

Thank you for your feedback. If you do not like the proposed solution that might fix the issue for you you will have to wait for another patch. Have a nice day.
How to post a log file | How to upload images