[FS17] Coldborough Park Farm Map Feedback

Bradleyson

Re: [FS17] Coldborough Park Farm Map Feedback

Post by Bradleyson »

BulletBill83 wrote:
Bradleyson wrote:I think giants should give bulletbill a job :lol: thanks for everything, greatly appreciated.
Not sure if you have control over it bulletbill but the night time seems a little light still, not sure if it's just me but when I play chellington it seems darker :confusednew: as soon as the updates out I won't be playing anything else :lol:

Yes Oxygendavid had made the night slightly darker on Chellington. I have done the same now on CPF17. You really do need to use your lights now.
Oh wow, got me super excited for it now. Can't thank you enough for the map and everything you're doing. I was losing interest in the game to be honest but once this map is updated that won't be the case, it's beautiful. Thank you
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.
Farmer BeAn

Post by Farmer BeAn »

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. But your little pond on f19 charges you money for water. Wondering if you could change that so it's free??
Clive31087

Post by Clive31087 »

I love this map to death and its the only thing bugging me but id thought id mention it anyway, the trees to me are abit too green, almost cartoony, it could just be me?

Thanks again for this wonderfull map
AGRICULTURALENGINEER

Post by AGRICULTURALENGINEER »

Hi there,

I play on ps4, see you have been made aware of the cow manure issue.

Was just wondering of you have an ETA for us console users as to when the updates will be released??
Just I'm itching to use my manure.

Many thanks, awsome map

Cheers
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I am LOVING this map... I am playing despite the fact that I may have to re-start a new game post update... you grew up in a lovely area... very jealous.

I sold everything but one tractor... the New Holland.. and got equipment better suited to my needs as well as baling and wrapping for silage.

This is my fav map.. it is so genuine because it is based on an actual locale... not just random fields plopped down like GC.
Last edited by cr41g_1965 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

I think a darker night, the chopper straw mod included, and no collisions would be fine.

I would like the biogas area and the main farm to be made slightly larger, as it is, there is no flat land to put a new vehicle workshop or new grain store up, as the farm sits on a piece of land that is flat but sloped around it's edge.

Just need more silage clamps as well I would have said.

I was driving around the forestry areas in a tractor and it is really really nice. Never looked before. Again would be useful to have flat/empty areas to place buildings.

Thanks Bulletbill.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

BulletBill83 wrote: Having seen a mixed response about Hedge collisions on Coldborough Park Farm 17, I am now faced with a choice for the map update.

Do I add hedge collisions, or not.
When is the vote over btw? I think it was going towards yes at first... if you do add collision to the hedges, please check that fields, like eastern side field 17 (shown below) do not run under the hedges

MC, aka Master of Cereals
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Farmer BeAn wrote:Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. But your little pond on f19 charges you money for water. Wondering if you could change that so it's free??

It is not possible to change this. Instead use your imagination that the pond is owned by a stingy tight farmer who charges you to use the pond.
Clive31087 wrote:I love this map to death and its the only thing bugging me but id thought id mention it anyway, the trees to me are abit too green, almost cartoony, it could just be me?

Thanks again for this wonderfull map
I had darkened the tree textures from the default textures. However I have since tweaked them again. They should suit you more now.
AGRICULTURALENGINEER wrote:Hi there,

I play on ps4, see you have been made aware of the cow manure issue.

Was just wondering of you have an ETA for us console users as to when the updates will be released??
Just I'm itching to use my manure.

Many thanks, awsome map

Cheers
I am currently testing the updated version. Once that is complete and I cannot find any further issues with the map It will be uploaded.
mayoollie wrote:I think a darker night, the chopper straw mod included, and no collisions would be fine.

I would like the biogas area and the main farm to be made slightly larger, as it is, there is no flat land to put a new vehicle workshop or new grain store up, as the farm sits on a piece of land that is flat but sloped around it's edge.

Just need more silage clamps as well I would have said.

I was driving around the forestry areas in a tractor and it is really really nice. Never looked before. Again would be useful to have flat/empty areas to place buildings.

Thanks Bulletbill.
Please remember this is a replica of a real world place. I will only change the layout or design as a last resort.

This map is designed to give you a taste of a real life farm and proper British farming.

The idea is to challenge you to learn how to farm with what you've got. As far as grain stores go you can use any of the barns already on the map for storage.

I have added chopped straw to the map now as an extra feature for PC players.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Bulletbill does the starting equipment reflect the farm you grew up on aswell?
ratonbox

Post by ratonbox »

Would you consider making all the other fields available for jobs/missions if I spent the time fiddling with the fieldDimensions to make sure they all fit properly? I mean, I am going to do it for my savegame, because I really enjoy the map, but I thought I could offer you some help with the tedious work. Of course there wouldn't be time to include it in the current update, but maybe the next one.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Patrick73 wrote:Bulletbill does the starting equipment reflect the farm you grew up on aswell?

Kind of....

When I first started working on the farm we were using a MF 27 combine harvester, and had 3 MF tractors, 3060, 3065 (snout nose), and 3085. We also had a MF 165, and MF 135 from my grandfathers era which we used to run the grain dryer or move stuff around the yard.

However those tractors have long gone. We replaced the MFs with Renaults just before they became Claas.

We now run 3 Claas Arions. Two 640s and a 460. Our combine is now a Case IH 5060.
ratonbox wrote:Would you consider making all the other fields available for jobs/missions if I spent the time fiddling with the fieldDimensions to make sure they all fit properly? I mean, I am going to do it for my savegame, because I really enjoy the map, but I thought I could offer you some help with the tedious work. Of course there wouldn't be time to include it in the current update, but maybe the next one.
Thank you for your offer. The reason I left some of the arable fields without missions was because some of then you own from the start. I wanted to leave the Potato and Sugar Beet fields so that if people want to harvest those early on they can, plus I planted the spuds how they would be planted in real life. And the other 2 fields that are left needed more than 5 field definitions to cover then properly. I had advice from an expert that more than 5 field definitions would cause performance loss on those fields, and I do not want to cause any performance loss if I can help it.

These days if a map isn't running at 60fps on most peoples PCs then it hasn't been optimized properly.

As it is you have 6 fields of varying size to do missions on already. I feel that is enough.
ratonbox

Post by ratonbox »

Fair point, it worked just fine for me. And yeah, those potatoes are really planted nicely. Main reason i wanted to work them was in order to reduce their price, as field 12 was incredibly expensive.
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

If anyone wants to see just what an excellent job Bullet Bill has done on this wonderful map just type Coldborough Farm into Google Earth. If you go into street view it's unbelievable how realistic the map really is.
I have to say Bill that you and Oxygen Dave saved FS17 for me as Goldcrest Valley was not my cup of tea at all. Ended up back on FS15 playing the original Coldborough.
Needless to say I'm absolutely loving it now
Like you I worked, and still do at harvest time, on a typical English Farm. Always a challenge getting the bigger equipment in tight gateways. A nice tractor drawn low loader would be a nice mod to have for putting implements like the sub tillers on. That's how we used to move out 4 metre Kuhn Combi drill around in real life.

Here's one of our tight squeezes with a NH TX65
https://marcussrailwayphotos.smugmug.co ... -QG46kGh/A
Once again thanks for a great map and shall be looking forward to the update.
erict43

Post by erict43 »

That's a tight fit! I haven't had a problem with the gates. For the single gates I use a header trailer to get in. Yes, that causes some crop damage to maneuver around and attach it, but such is life.

Thanks for the awesome map, BulletBill!
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Maxxum 135 wrote:Here's one of our tight squeezes with a NH TX65
https://marcussrailwayphotos.smugmug.co ... -QG46kGh/A
Once again thanks for a great map and shall be looking forward to the update.
Superb picture! *thumbsup*
erict43 wrote:For the single gates I use a header trailer to get in. Yes, that causes some crop damage to maneuver around and attach it, but such is life.
I kept the small header, and I get through the gate, clear-harvest an area, have a tractor pull in the big header and do the rest of harvesting

erict43 wrote:That's a tight fit!
No this is:

:lol:
MC, aka Master of Cereals