[FS17] Coldborough Park Farm Map Feedback

wildberry

[FS17] Coldborough Park Farm Map Feedback

Post by wildberry »

First off, this is a great looking map; beautiful! The fields are shaped in a way that forces me to not be lazy and use GPS, but drive myself! I like being challenged *thumbsup*

Two (minor) Issues:

I saved the game and after game exit and coming back the two new crops disappeared from the ESC menu. DId I miss something, is some extra mod needed for those?

Just took a quick mission on field 17. The spawn point might need to be revised as the header was on top of the open gates:

One Request:

Please add Chopped Straw mod support
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Battousaid1

Re: [FS17] Coldborough Park Farm Map Feedback

Post by Battousaid1 »

I love the map sofar good work
Ps4 player
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

This version is for all platforms, including Console, so no custom scripts allowed.

Which two crops disappeared?

Thanks for the info on the field mission spawn point. I will adjust that in the next update.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Two hours in to it ...
I really like the layout ... Great work!

I also had some extra fruit types, when I started the game, for the first time ... that is gone now.

Are the seed pallets, fertilizer tanks and the fuel pumps on the farm only "decorations"?
(Edit: Found that the big gray square tank, with a green hose, was a working fuel pump.)

Had some issues, using the GPS, with the small mower (starting equipment) ...
It wanted to change lines (in field 22), all the time ... Not sure if this is caused by "the map", or that equipment ... :confusednew:
Also ... would be great if the map could support more GPS "directions" (not only the 45 degree changes) ... is this possible!?

The above is not a big issue ... I can live with that ... :smileynew:
But ... I really really miss the AI traffic (and collision in the hedges) ... :blushnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
bushell

Post by bushell »

2 hours in and I love it. Perfect layout an just great fun.... One thing though, is there any point in me playing further if there is an update on the way? Don't want to put hours and hours into it just to have to start again after the update....

Awesome map though. Thanks
BARNYwithaGUN

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

Only a hour in and maybe I'm missing something but I can't get the seed or fertilizer to work on farm. Great map tho should keep me busy for the foreseeable future
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

There are no refill triggers for seed and fertilizer. However so many people have complained about it that I will put the triggers back in for the update.

As regards the update no you should be able to continue your savegame from the first version. However I cannont gaurantee that it will be 100% stable. It usually best to start a new savegame.

No idea why GPS is going funny. Most likely a glitch with GPS or a mod conflict

As for the extra fruit types that again sounds like a mod conflict. Try the map without any mods and see if the problem still occurs.

Traffic will be coming in the update. As for collisions... well there is no way to please both the for and againsts. I suggest instead you view the hedges as solid and try to resist the urge you have to drive through them.
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

One thing I've noticed is at night time it Is still quite light (if that makes sense?) I don't know how things work so please don't take this as an ungrateful remark. Is it the map maker who controls how dark it gets at night or is that set by the game? Im sorry if that's a silly question but I honestly know nothing about this kind of thing. You see when I play the chellington map it seems darker, so yeah in my opinion I think it should be a little darker at night (if possible)? Thank you for this beautiful map, I love it. *thumbsup*
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.
bushell

Post by bushell »

Will keep playing the now then bulletbill, hard to resist haha. thank you for the reply
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

W1der wrote:It wanted to change lines (in field 22), all the time ... Not sure if this is caused by "the map", or that equipment ... :confusednew:
Also ... would be great if the map could support more GPS "directions" (not only the 45 degree changes) ... is this possible!?
Did you set the implement width correctly in the GPS mod? You do know there is an option in the GPS mod screen console to move the GPS direction in any way you like, right? *thumbsup*
BulletBill83 wrote:Which two crops disappeared?
Rye, and, uhm, the other one, forgot what it was :blushnew: . Will throw all mods out except the map tonight and check if they stay put after save.

Thanks for a great map. I personally am not missing the seed/fertilizer fill points as I get them on my UAL trailer from the shop. *thumbsup*
W1der

Post by W1der »

wildberry wrote:
W1der wrote:It wanted to change lines (in field 22), all the time ... Not sure if this is caused by "the map", or that equipment ... :confusednew:
Did you set the implement width correctly in the GPS mod? You do know there is an option in the GPS mod screen console to move the GPS direction in any way you like, right? *thumbsup*
BulletBill83 wrote:Which two crops disappeared?
Rye, and, uhm, the other one, forgot what it was :blushnew: . Will throw all mods out except the map tonight and check if they stay put after save.

Thanks for a great map. I personally am not missing the seed/fertilizer fill points as I get them on my UAL trailer from the shop. *thumbsup*

Yes ... I new that ... but at that moment ... I forgot about it.
So ... my bad ... :blushnew:
To excited about the new map ... :lol:

Regarding the width ... I used the "auto feature", as I always do.
Never seen this happen before ... :confusednew:
(Also, I never used this mower with the GPS before.)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Nexcin

Post by Nexcin »

First of, awesome map! Love it!

But... there are no cars on the roads? :)
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

W1der wrote:Regarding the width ... I used the "auto feature", as I always do.
Never seen this happen before ... :confusednew:
The autowidth is totally unreliable in FS17. Even with only GPS mod as only mod installed.
I select autowidth and then manually set it to 10 cm less than what store says width is. That way it works correctly. I can suggest that to anybody using it :gamer: I do hope Giants will come up with some 4RealMod GPS at one point (or why else are all the Agco machines showing GPS on their roofs???).

I remember one little issue at the main farm: the gate to one of the starting fields, Field 8, is too small for the starting harvester. You need to bump through the pole when open.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Where is this map take after?
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Will you be adding collision to the outside of the map ? noticed the road leading north past the wood mill drops off the map but doesn't say road closed ?

Apart from that i have to say this map is gorgeous, great job on it
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen: