[FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback (4km Map)

udo127

Re: [FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback

Post by udo127 »

Little addition to the Silo bug

The silage became solid in the walls so I'm also unable to pick up or move the last bit
Cakeomania

Post by Cakeomania »

Great work on the map so far, it looks amazing!!

However I am also having issues with framerates and I have a pretty beefy rig. I noticed that the tree detail on the red/orange trees is pretty far. Is there any way I can edit this in Giants Editor?

Thanks for a great map so far! :biggrin2:
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

@ Cakeomania Will look into this, any areas in particular you noticed an FPS drop?

@ Udo127 Thanks for the image, I have replaced all 19 silos and added a tipcol to the sides. I have briefly tested it and it seems to hold 99% of silage - not sure what more I can do.

Re: The field edges I have tidied up the fields (which has grass underneath) and seems to have improved the helpers. I also tested a weeder and it works with/without a helper.
The "You do not own this field" message on the edges I can only guess might be because the fields are fairly close together (compared to stock map) but are in no way touching with a gap or 2-3 tractor widths. Have rerun the field area script and can only hope it makes a difference - sadly it might just mean you will need to wait until you own the adjacent field. Will keep looking into it however.

Hoping to upload the fixes later today.

Thanks for all the feedback and your patience. :)
dougb1990

Post by dougb1990 »

Cant wait for the update to come out so I can get back to playing.keep up the good work.
Karlox

Post by Karlox »

I was also looking for a new map to play on server. This looked very promising and nicely done 4x map. Quicly tested fresh savegame, and also get some fps drops down to ~40 region here and there. My setup is i7-4790K & GTX1080 and playing 4K resolution. I almost sure its the trees as we did plant 1800 trees on Goldcrest Valley and you could notice the fps issues when looking at them, close or as far from they are drawn with default settings. When you have lot of equipment on multiplayer it will become more of a problem if fresh save is already down to 40, and most likely will need to tone down graphics for smooth fps. Agree that it sure looks very nice to see the large forest from range but would not trade it with smooth playability. Hopefully you can look into it and find optimization.
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

I wanted to check back and see if there is any feedback on where to muck out the cow pens?

Also, I just started my sheep, so I will be able to provide information on that. Right now, I am really liking the extra space and size of the animal pens. I've run missions for all the NPC farmers now. I did notice, I believe f28 that the mission equipment started within a fenced area that I had to drive out of to get back to the field. (I may be off on the field number).

I think with the size of this map, it will be very popular on MP dedi servers. I'd really like to try it on one.
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay - found a few more bugs while testing which have been ironed out.

As for the FPS - I have reduced the trees down by 200m and from what I have been told, the FPS bump is quite significant especially around the farm so fingers crossed this will suit most.

The cow muck has been fixed and now shows up.

Will check out field 28 (and any others next to a fence for that matter) so thanks for that.

Have dug out some more old photos and have increased the amount of photoboards PLUS they now feature the text in German too.
iw_shawn

Post by iw_shawn »

Hiijinx wrote:Have dug out some more old photos and have increased the amount of photoboards PLUS they now feature the text in German too.

Looking forward to seeing them all. The photoboards are my favourite part of the map, I'm a bit of a history buff, and it was interesting to learn a bit about what happened in the area during WW2. I can't imagine what it must have been like for the soldiers on either side.
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

Hiijink, thanks, I didn't realize it was actually a bug with the Cow Muck, else i wouldn't have bothered you with the question again. Much appreciated getting that fixed. I'm certainly looking forward to the new update. I'll hopefully get chance to run some more missions today, and get to work some different fields.
MagicMagor

Post by MagicMagor »

I was waiting for an update before playing on this map - it still showed as version 1.0.0 on the main site. Any news when a new version might be released? Also the map somehow vanished from the main site, anyone has an idea why?
aklein

Post by aklein »

Maybe its disappearance is a sign of the updated version coming sooner than later. I can confirm its not showing up for me either in modhub on the website.
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

Sorry for the wait guys but I can tell you that it is UPLOADING right now :)
Not sure if the update will be instant or required approval first but it should be live very soon.

Update notes to follow.
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

Still can't wait for console version of map...
Any update on it's progress status? :search:
Many of folks are keeping their tabs in check for some info on this subject... *thumbsup*
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

Map is now pending!

In the mean time, here are the changes.

Changes in 1.1.0.0

- Added more Wood and Hay sell points (The sawmill will still pay the best price for logs - the "dropoff" points will include a small transport fee.
- Improved FPS performance
- Fixed Barn prices
- Field definitions adjusted to try and improve worker performance
- More silage clamps - a total of 19 overall now
- The Wind turbine works again
- The Quarry now pays slightly more to cover the increased distance
- Water can no longer be driven underneath
- Revamped equipment on farm/layout
- Vehicle reset point is now on the farm
- Fields can now be weeded
- Photoboards now include German
- Corrected mission start points (SP)
- Added Golden Nuggets to collect (SP)
- More history/photo signs to discover
- Cow mess planes now in the correct place
- Adjusted silage collisions so hopefully no more spillage
- A few little extras ...

As for console - I will be perfectly open about this and tell you I have spoken to GIANTS about it and the strict guidelines which need to be met and all I can say for now is - "lets see".
Once the bugs are ironed out of the PC version and in its final build, I will ask them to have another look at the map and see what they think.

What I have been told however, while it is a very pretty map but due to the sheer size and amount of detail - it will take "alot" of work to bring it up to console standard.

On a slightly more positive note - a huge thank you to all the 86,272 people who have downloaded my map so far! *thumbsup*
aklein

Post by aklein »

a huge thank you to all the 86,272 people who have downloaded my map so far!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: