[FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback (4km Map)

Hiijinx

Re: [FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback

Post by Hiijinx »

sdrocky wrote:Crashed again with auto save disabled. not happy. wasted an hour and a half on mowing grass and no auto save to go back to. same lockup/freeze. can alt tab. can not quit out. have to log out of windows and log back in. so annoyed. this is the best map and my absolute favourite. id rather go back to the earlier version.
This is really annoying to hear, can you tell me anything else about what happens? You said you had been mowing the grass, was this what you were doing at the time of the crash, if so where on the map were you?

Is this in single player or a server? Is there a pattern?

Does the game.log show anything which might point to what is causing the lock up? (Its in the farming sim 17 folder in documents). I have tried numerous times but have yet to get it to crash/freeze so absolutely any details you can give me will help in getting to the bottom of it.

Really hope I can fix this for you.

If anyone else experiences this please let me know with as much info as you can.
LazzDal

Post by LazzDal »

Hiijinx wrote:
sdrocky wrote:Crashed again with auto save disabled. not happy. wasted an hour and a half on mowing grass and no auto save to go back to. same lockup/freeze. can alt tab. can not quit out. have to log out of windows and log back in. so annoyed. this is the best map and my absolute favourite. id rather go back to the earlier version.
This is really annoying to hear, can you tell me anything else about what happens? You said you had been mowing the grass, was this what you were doing at the time of the crash, if so where on the map were you?

Does the game.log show anything which might point to what is causing the lock up? (Its in the farming sim 17 folder in documents). I have tried numerous times but have yet to get it to crash/freeze so absolutely any details you can give me will help in getting to the bottom of it.

If anyone else experiences this please let me know with as much info as you can.
Hi! I'm having the same problem. I thought at first that it was some of the new mods I installed, but after disabling, and even deleting some of the mods, I still have the same problem. I was thinking that the autosave mod was having some issues with the map because of the size, but apparently not from reading this post. I will check the log next time it happens.
LazzDal

Post by LazzDal »

Hi again.

It just happened to me again. I was driving the Tatra truck from the Bakery to the farm and I was at the coordinates 2607, 1588. It has never crashed around this area before, so that's probably not what's causing this. I also had a worker going in field 47 with a sprayer. Usually when the freezing occurs I'm having some workers in the fields that you start off with.

There's a lot of error messages in my log. I have attached it if you want to have a look at it.

I really hope you can figure this out, because this is a really good map. I really want to continue playing on it.
Attachments
log.txt
(164.32 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

Hey LaazDal thanks for the log.

I looked through the log text and only error I see constantly being listed is;
LUA call stack:
=F:/Dokumenter/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17_ThorntonFarm_pc/maps/scripts/terrainControl.lua (25) : setScale
dataS/scripts/vehicles/Vehicle.lua (627)
dataS/scripts/utils/Utils.lua (1858) : oldFunc
dataS/scripts/utils/Utils.lua (1138) : asyncCallbackFunction
Error: failed to load particle system F:/Dokumenter/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17_Kleinhau/maps/scripts/dirtPS/dirt2.i3d
Warning (LUA): 'setScale': Argument 1 has wrong type. Expected: Int. Actual: Nil
..\..\..\src\base\scripting\lua\LuaScriptSystem.cpp (640): expectedType == Value::VoidType
I am not an expert on these matters but I do not know to what the dirtPS/dirt2.i3d is trying to do since I do not have that file/folder in my map, has this been added by the mod terrainControl.lua?

Again, not an expert but to me it seems odd that it is trying to load a mod/script from a different map (FS17_ThorntonFarm_pc). A quick google of this shows it to be some sort of ground terrain modifier. This being a 4x map I am not sure if it is compatible as it mentions things about density maps and GRLE files which are all different sizes from a standard size map. Perhaps this could be causing an issue?

Can you disable this mod and see if it still happens?

Would be interesting to see if sdrocky also has this mod installed.

One other thing I noticed in your log is you are using a development version of courseplay which warns of problems - is there a full release version you can use?

Will keep looking and post back if I find out more.

Sorry its causing you both problems.
LazzDal

Post by LazzDal »

Hiijinx wrote:Hey LaazDal thanks for the log.

I looked through the log text and only error I see constantly being listed is;
LUA call stack:
=F:/Dokumenter/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17_ThorntonFarm_pc/maps/scripts/terrainControl.lua (25) : setScale
dataS/scripts/vehicles/Vehicle.lua (627)
dataS/scripts/utils/Utils.lua (1858) : oldFunc
dataS/scripts/utils/Utils.lua (1138) : asyncCallbackFunction
Error: failed to load particle system F:/Dokumenter/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17_Kleinhau/maps/scripts/dirtPS/dirt2.i3d
Warning (LUA): 'setScale': Argument 1 has wrong type. Expected: Int. Actual: Nil
..\..\..\src\base\scripting\lua\LuaScriptSystem.cpp (640): expectedType == Value::VoidType
I am not an expert on these matters but I do not know to what the dirtPS/dirt2.i3d is trying to do since I do not have that file/folder in my map, has this been added by the mod terrainControl.lua?

Again, not an expert but to me it seems odd that it is trying to load a mod/script from a different map (FS17_ThorntonFarm_pc). A quick google of this shows it to be some sort of ground terrain modifier. This being a 4x map I am not sure if it is compatible as it mentions things about density maps and GRLE files which are all different sizes from a standard size map. Perhaps this could be causing an issue?

Can you disable this mod and see if it still happens?

Would be interesting to see if sdrocky also has this mod installed.

One other thing I noticed in your log is you are using a development version of courseplay which warns of problems - is there a full release version you can use?

Will keep looking and post back if I find out more.

Sorry its causing you both problems.
Hi Hiijinx, and thank you for the swift reply.

I will try to disable all the other mod maps. The course play development version was in my mod folder by mistake. I had to repack it, but I will disable course play anyway just to test. I'm not 100% sure that the release I have is the official one, so I will try without it.

I also had the ground modification Lizzard roller mod installed, but I could not get it to work. So this could maybe relate to the dirtPS/dirt2.i3d?
I have disabled this now, but maybe it has messed up the save game files in a way.
If disabling the other mod maps and course play is not working I will try to start a new save game.

Thank you for your help so far.
LazzDal

Post by LazzDal »

Hi again! Got a little update on the freezing issue.
I got rid of the error messages, but I had to start a new save for it to disappear.
What I did is to disable the Thornton Farm map, and the ground modification roller.

However, the error seems to be following the CareerSavegame.xml file, so money and statistics needs to be transferred manually. But that's not a big deal really.
The Vehicles.xml file can be transferred to the new save game without any trouble.

I have not experienced any freezing yet, but I will do some playing this evening and come back to you.
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

Thanks for the update LazzDal - got my fingers crossed for you. *thumbsup*
LazzDal

Post by LazzDal »

Hi! I'm sorry to tell you that the freezing is still not fixed. After a while of playing it froze again. I started up the game again, and it froze again fairly quick. I will continue to search for the cause. Maybe start a new save game without any mods enabled.
The log was error free, but there where a lot of warnings in it.
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

LazzDal wrote:Hi! I'm sorry to tell you that the freezing is still not fixed. After a while of playing it froze again. I started up the game again, and it froze again fairly quick. I will continue to search for the cause. Maybe start a new save game without any mods enabled.
The log was error free, but there where a lot of warnings in it.
If I may suggest something... In game folder where you got folder with Mods, go to it.. Then rename folder with mods to something different so the game when loading won't recognise it. create new empty folder and name it mods. then make sure that you have latest version (update of game and map). Start game without any mods and play it as long as possible. see what happens.
As when launching game mods are being loaded in by software (that's why you have always restart game after downloading new mod from in-game modhub. even if you disable mods when starting map/save there are still being loaded in that's why you can see them... It might be one of customs mods from unofficial sites.. just try and see
If this won't have any result delete empty folder and rename your old folder with mods to original name. (it's better way then moving mods out etc./quicker)
Best of luck :)
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
sdrocky

Post by sdrocky »

IMAO you are a legend Hijinx. simple. this map is awsome. and it has only happend a few times. not as regular as prior to the latest update. i have auto save at 15 mins atm so i dont lose to much and still play it. be patient. this map is so worth it. and grats on getting it out of BETA.

Dont pull your hair out. youll fix it im sure.

Im glad to have shares a part of your life that you share with this map. thankyou.
sdrocky

Post by sdrocky »

Hiijinx wrote:

i was mowing next to the cow padock. its happend in different area's. first time after update was driving a load of grain (soy bean) to the small tower. crashed at the intersection of the main road to the small tower. reloaded and did the exact same run. no crash.
it dosnt apear to be associated with any particular task.

only play single player as i live in the aussie bush and only have 3g.

as i said. best map ever.
sdrocky

Post by sdrocky »

Just crashed. first time for a few days. was Wraping bails with the Khun pack square bail wrapper.

attached is log file.

hope this helps.

was in field above sheep yards.
Attachments
log.txt
(240.37 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Not sure what the MA will have to say but your log is a mess. More than enough errors and warnings to cause problems. I cant imagine that can be narrowed down to a map problem until that stuff is cleaned up. I'd start with getting rid of all the mods you don't use. That's a lot of mods. A lot of bad ones it looks like.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
sdrocky

Post by sdrocky »

Preble 818 wrote:Not sure what the MA will have to say but your log is a mess. More than enough errors and warnings to cause problems. I cant imagine that can be narrowed down to a map problem until that stuff is cleaned up. I'd start with getting rid of all the mods you don't use. That's a lot of mods. A lot of bad ones it looks like.
you reckon thats a mess. you should see some of the exchange server logs ive had to troll though. ffs. this is neat. and tells you what you need. and yes, the case mod is effed. dont matter now. have Big bud pack..
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

sdrocky wrote:
Preble 818 wrote:Not sure what the MA will have to say but your log is a mess. More than enough errors and warnings to cause problems. I cant imagine that can be narrowed down to a map problem until that stuff is cleaned up. I'd start with getting rid of all the mods you don't use. That's a lot of mods. A lot of bad ones it looks like.
you reckon thats a mess. you should see some of the exchange server logs ive had to troll though. ffs. this is neat. and tells you what you need. and yes, the case mod is effed. dont matter now. have Big bud pack..
Well there's neat logs and there's error free logs. Yours, I guess, is just a neat log lol. Have fun with big bud man I sure am!
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.