[FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback (4km Map)

Hiijinx

[FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback (4km Map)

Post by Hiijinx »

UPDATE 1.2.1.0 IS NOW LIVE :biggrin2:

Changes in 1.2.1.0
- Recreated Nav meshes, collision maps and field sizes. Should fix freezing issue some of you have mentioned.

Changes in 1.2.0.0
- adjusted field boundaries
- adjusted height of bunker silo triggers
- adjusted position of wool sell trigger point to avoid colliding with barn roof
- moved the 2 lost golden nuggets so they now show on the PDA
- further adjusted bunker silo walls, they still leak but minamally. Giants cannot help further.
- Added signs to the quarry for large vehicles
- added names to credits

Changes in 1.1.0.0
- Added more Wood and Hay sell points (The sawmill will still pay the best price for logs - the "dropoff" points will include a small transport fee.
- Improved FPS performance
- Fixed Barn prices
- Field definitions adjusted to try and improve worker performance
- More silage clamps - a total of 19 overall now
- The Wind turbine works again
- The Quarry now pays slightly more to cover the increased distance
- Water can no longer be driven underneath
- Revamped equipment on farm/layout
- Vehicle reset point is now on the farm
- Fields can now be weeded
- Photoboards now include German
- Corrected mission start points (SP)
- Added Golden Nuggets to collect (SP)
- More history/photo signs to discover
- Cow mess planes now in the correct place
- Adjusted silage collisions so hopefully no more spillage
- A few little extras …

Hello all,

Please post any issues/feedback (good or bad) in this topic and I will do my best to address any issues ASAP.

DEUTSCH

Welcome to Kleinhau - a small village on the outskirts of the rugged Hürtgenwald forest, Germany. This map was quite an ambitious project for a first map but I wanted to make it as accurate as I could to how I remembered it whilst growing up there.

While I sadly no longer live there, it still holds a very special place in my heart and visit it regularly.
It is dedicated to my Father who lived on the farm who sadly passed away in 1991.

- 96 Fields
- Large Forestry areas
- 4km (4x4) Map size
- Cows/Sheep/Pigs/Chickens
- Pedestrians/Traffic
- Golden Nuggets (SP)
- MIssions (SP)

It has been tested prior by myself and a few good friends but being a 4km map, I realise we may have missed some things. I did my best to find a balance between performance/quality, but again only having so many computers to test on - cannot guarantee it will be smooth for everyone.

Thank you so much for playing, it means a great deal to me.

Hiijinx

DOWNLOAD LINK

Credits:
GIANTS

Additional models:

sandgroper
Fatian
Unknown - I feel terrible for not knowing your name, but who ever made the really nice barbedwire fence model. If its your's, give me a shout and I will add your name.

Testing:

Skizzo
Ehjay
Natasha
And the many thousands of players who downloaded my map - thank you. :blushnew:

Last edited by Hiijinx on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Hiijinx

Re: [FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback

Post by Hiijinx »

Preble 818 wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote:New map in BETA....looks kinda promising... and has a huge forestry area
Looks nice. Platform says PC/Mac so I'm assuming it's not coming to console.
This is my first mod so am still learning the workflow but this is definitely something I wish to happen!
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Hiijinx wrote:
Preble 818 wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote:New map in BETA....looks kinda promising... and has a huge forestry area
Looks nice. Platform says PC/Mac so I'm assuming it's not coming to console.
This is my first mod so am still learning the workflow but this is definitely something I wish to happen!
something you wish to happen...you mean come to console !!?

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
MagicMagor

Post by MagicMagor »

Looks like a really nice map. While driving around and having a look at it i noticed two small things:
1. You start with the general grain-header for your harverster, but the sowing machine you start with is a corn/sunflower sowing machine. Which means the only crop you can sow and harvest at the beginning (without buying new equipment) is soybeans, which is a bit limiting.
2. The barn-prices are all shown as 0€.
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
Hiijinx wrote:
Preble 818 wrote:
something you wish to happen...you mean come to console !!?
Yes I would love it to be available on consoles too. I will keep you updated on this!
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

MagicMagor wrote:Looks like a really nice map. While driving around and having a look at it i noticed two small things:
1. You start with the general grain-header for your harverster, but the sowing machine you start with is a corn/sunflower sowing machine. Which means the only crop you can sow and harvest at the beginning (without buying new equipment) is soybeans, which is a bit limiting.
2. The barn-prices are all shown as 0€.

Thanks MagicMagor - 1) was definitely an oversight amidst the last minute fixes, will add this to my list.

2 - Not sure why it has done this, will have to dig deeper into it.

Thanks again for the feedback. *thumbsup*
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Hiijinx wrote: Yes I would love it to be available on consoles too. I will keep you updated on this!
That would be amazing... the pictures look great... maps based on real world locations to me are the best.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

looks awesome and your dad would be proud. looking forward on playing it on PS4. Thank You
aklein

Post by aklein »

here are my comments from another thread now that we have official thread.

his map is big with massive amounts of forestry. There are also massive amounts of free grass fields. The light tan is grass the dark tan on the map seems to be forest.

There are billboards along the road with some rather interesting signs and at the main farm there is a nice touch with a sign that has a photo of that same area from post WWII. I have found at least two other signs that seem to have random war quotes on them. One at the saw mill and one at the quarry entrance. Im sure there are many more. Really nice touch on that I think. There are as best I can guess deer stands or some equivalent hunting blind in some fields that look into the trees and a pair of microwave antenna towers. I like the different color trees scattered about.

The bakery sell point is very tight. Might need some rework to get large tippers in and out with out taking out the corners of a building.

I have not tried actually playing it just my thoughts from a run/drive/fly around. I did lease something and hit reset to see what would happen. The reset point is at the shop. with such a large map it would be nice if you could reset back to the farm. You could spend all night driving things back to the farm.

I liked the grocery store sell point and really liked the farm store idea where you could sell your grains as well as your extra manure and slurry.

With such a large map it would be nice to have multiple sawmill sell points as trucking logs or woodchips from one edge of teh map to the other for the saw mill will be quite the chore but if there where maybe one sell point that took logs and another that took just woodchips and then your existing one that took both.

Same with grass, hay, straw and bale sales with so many free grass fields one could never grow a single crop and just mow and bale their way to fortunes.
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

aklein wrote:here are my comments from another thread now that we have official thread.

his map is big with massive amounts of forestry. There are also massive amounts of free grass fields. The light tan is grass the dark tan on the map seems to be forest.

There are billboards along the road with some rather interesting signs and at the main farm there is a nice touch with a sign that has a photo of that same area from post WWII. I have found at least two other signs that seem to have random war quotes on them. One at the saw mill and one at the quarry entrance. Im sure there are many more. Really nice touch on that I think. There are as best I can guess deer stands or some equivalent hunting blind in some fields that look into the trees and a pair of microwave antenna towers. I like the different color trees scattered about.

The bakery sell point is very tight. Might need some rework to get large tippers in and out with out taking out the corners of a building.

I have not tried actually playing it just my thoughts from a run/drive/fly around. I did lease something and hit reset to see what would happen. The reset point is at the shop. with such a large map it would be nice if you could reset back to the farm. You could spend all night driving things back to the farm.

I liked the grocery store sell point and really liked the farm store idea where you could sell your grains as well as your extra manure and slurry.

With such a large map it would be nice to have multiple sawmill sell points as trucking logs or woodchips from one edge of teh map to the other for the saw mill will be quite the chore but if there where maybe one sell point that took logs and another that took just woodchips and then your existing one that took both.

Same with grass, hay, straw and bale sales with so many free grass fields one could never grow a single crop and just mow and bale their way to fortunes.
Thank you very much for those comments Aklein.
I will certainly add the suggestions of multiple sell points to my list - truth be told I have spent most of my time since this game was released making the map rather than playing the game so forgot some of the simple things like this.

As for the photo signs, keep looking, there are lots more. ;)
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

lefe1 wrote:looks awesome and your dad would be proud. looking forward on playing it on PS4. Thank You
Thanks for the lovely comment - I wish he was still with us, :)
Will keep you updated with console support.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

In case anyone wants to compare to the game map.... BRILLIANT JOB

Imageimage uploading site

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
dougb1990

Post by dougb1990 »

This map is awesome plenty of fields,grassland and forest the best map Ive seen yet.Everything seems to be space apart really nice.I really hope they can bring this map to consoles it would please alot of people.I could play this map for years.keep up the good work.
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

dougb1990 wrote:This map is awesome plenty of fields,grassland and forest the best map Ive seen yet.Everything seems to be space apart really nice.I really hope they can bring this map to consoles it would please alot of people.I could play this map for years.keep up the good work.
Dougb1990 - Thank you very much Dougb - it is comments like this which make the last year and a bit of work feel worth it. So happy you like it and getting it out of beta and onto consoles is my next priority.
aklein

Post by aklein »

I will enjoy driving around looking for various Easter eggs. i honestly though I would find some old tombstones under the trees in the middle of that one field but alas it was just a stand. I did find the football field already. I didn't watch your video on the top post until my first comment above but have since seen it and I think your map intro video is wonderful also. A great tribute to your family and the area you grew up in.

this is going to be my forestry map indeed! I could cut trees for years and still have just a corer of the map cleared. I can only imagine the time spent making this adding all those trees. I want to find that tree across the road previously mentioned. It would be nice if i was cutable if it indeed is not. I can see cutting a segment out wide enough for a truck and trailer through and leaving the sides to remain.