[SOLVED] Invisible ledge by sheep feed trough on Westbridge Hills map

SteelRodent

[SOLVED] Invisible ledge by sheep feed trough on Westbridge Hills map

Post by SteelRodent »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC / Windows 7 x64
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Feeding trough by sheep pasture. Any vehicle.
- Map: The updated Westbridge Hills map available through the Mod Hub. Says Giants made, so reporting it here :)
- Issue: There is an invisible ledge or platform in front of the sheep feed trough. Vehicles will drive over top of this invisible object, but the mess from the feed will spawn underneath it, which makes it impossible to keep it clean. When going towards it with a shovel, the shovel gets stuck underneath the invisible object. Additionally, any sheep that go near the trough will freeze in place and no longer animate.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Drive in front of the trough. The invisible object is roughly the same size as the trough and right in front of it. Any shovel and similar will collide with the invisible object while anything wheeled will drive over it (haven't tried with any tracked vehicles, didn't see a reason to).

Screenshort: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =924020352

I tried looking at it through the editor, but I don't really know how to use it (it needs better documentation). All I could figure out is that the trough trigger prevents me from clicking on anything that might be underneath it.
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Re: Invisible ledge by sheep feed trough on Westbridge Hills map

Post by pfreek »

Thanks, we'll have a look and I'll mark this bug as solved for now. If we decide to update the map, this will definitaly be fixed!
Erica Von

Re: [SOLVED] Invisible ledge by sheep feed trough on Westbridge Hills map

Post by Erica Von »

So we just cant' have sheep then? because we cant' keep the feed area clean.
that is not solved.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

I had too sell off all my sheep because i could not keep the feed area clean best i could get was 53% i do not know if this clean issue will effect pigs and cows but i know for sure sheep was not eating at 53% clean.
King_royle21

Post by King_royle21 »

Erica Von wrote:I had too sell off all my sheep because i could not keep the feed area clean best i could get was 53% i do not know if this clean issue will effect pigs and cows but i know for sure sheep was not eating at 53% clean.
1 way to do it is with the lizard s7 conveyor belt in the belts systems bring it to the pen and position it in front of the feed trough so that it will unload out of the area, then hop in and hit unload Here and hop out of the belt and any feed that falls out of the trough will be away from the invisible floor, and the belt can pick things up from about 5-10 feet away. just a weird fix and easier cuz it keeps it clean without having to worry about production, just the pile of grass that builds up from the belt
OneAmongOthers

Re: Invisible ledge by sheep feed trough on Westbridge Hills map

Post by OneAmongOthers »

pfreek wrote:Thanks, we'll have a look and I'll mark this bug as solved for now. If we decide to update the map, this will definitaly be fixed!
If you decide? Seriously how long could this take? An hour at most of you guys time? So you just release a map that has a known issue that prevents a certain action and you just shrug it off and say if you feel like it you'll fix it? Gee I wish I could tell my employer "Yeah I know there is an issue and I know it doesn't work, but if I feel like getting around to it I might bother to fix it". Uninstalling Westbridge Hills because I was really wanting to do animals on it, but due to this I simply cannot.
pfreek

Post by pfreek »

It's not only just this fix - we have a lot of issues in the forum (feel free to take a look around the bug report forum just for the map itself) and have to resolve them first before updating 400 mb just for a collision error. It's done, when it's done, don't be this unpatient :hi:
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Hey thanks for the info pfreek. And I for one definetally understand the wait to get everything fixed. Just out of curiosity will this update (when it releases) require a new save or will it integrate with an existing save ok?
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
pfreek

Post by pfreek »

It would be better to start a new savegame, to be clear of any errors.

Normally, we didn't change a lot in density maps etc. so that there shouldn't be much complications. Moreover, if we change the name to FS17_WBH it wouldn't be compatible to the old mod file.

50:50 chance for now.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Ok thanks pfreek *thumbsup* :hi:
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

Missed the notification about a reply, but this is fixed in the version that's on the modhub atm.