Map, The West Coast - Driving tractors on roads, get periodic pulsating (jumping)

dashay5

Map, The West Coast - Driving tractors on roads, get periodic pulsating (jumping)

Post by dashay5 »

Laptop PC:
Processor i7-6700HQ CPU@2,60Ghz , Memory: 16g, Video: Nvidia 4g GTX 960m
Built in display: 3840 x 2160 (all maps to date have not had an issue with this display)
Window 10 – up to date through Sept 05,2015
Drivers and Farming Simulator Updates: Up to date through Sept 05, 2015

Issue: Map, The West Coast
Driving tractors on roads, get periodic pulsating (jumping), as if there are frame rate drops.

Player: Single

Steps to reproduce:
Drive on narrow or multi lane roads causes the default tractors begin to pulsate as speed is increased in some locations but not all.
Game is difficult to play in this state with this jerking movement of the tractors.

-Map was down loaded from Farming Simulator 2017 Giants Modhub.
-Removed all mods from mod folder, except map when this showed up, and re-booted PC. Tractors continued to pulsate (jumpy, back and forth in forward motion).
- Loaded map from another site & matched download – same issue.
- Saved map about 8 times to see if starting from save file changed issue - no change
- Re-loaded mods folder with other maps and about 100 mods, no issues with these other maps, however, The West Coast map still had issues with tractors pulsating on roads and slightly noticeable on some fields.
- No errors in log file.
Farmer2B

Re: Map, The West Coast - Driving tractors on roads, get periodic pulsating (jumping)

Post by Farmer2B »

did you mean to put this in the bug report thread?
dashay5

Re: Map, The West Coast - Driving tractors on roads, get periodic pulsating (jumping)

Post by dashay5 »

Not sure if this is a Map, PC Farming Simulator Options setup issue or other issue. Attached file shows the current setup options (High, custom) I am using on this laptop. I researched the map on YouTube and users' comments and did not find others with a similar issue. If others have this same issue, I will move this a bug report.
Attachments

[The extension docx has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

dashay5 wrote:Driving tractors on roads, get periodic pulsating (jumping), as if there are frame rate drops.
This issue did not come up from any of the testers, I have also not seen anyone else mentioning it.

What you are describing sounds like when the game is updating the shader cache. When you go back to these areas it should not happen.
If it does then I would try lowering your graphics settings.
dashay5

Post by dashay5 »

Thanks for the info. I wish I better understood the setup options and how they impact performance. I will play with these later today. If you have any suggestion on the attachment sent earlier, please let me know. THANKS!!!
dashay5

Post by dashay5 »

I dropped the advanced graphic options to Medium and the jerking stoped but I lose a lot when I view. I only need to drop to medium from high for this map. Do not understand why. Thanks for your help.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

dashay5 wrote:I dropped the advanced graphic options to Medium and the jerking stoped but I lose a lot when I view. I only need to drop to medium from high for this map. Do not understand why. Thanks for your help.
Because the map has a lot of details, and if your PC is running pretty hard to keep it at high on a normal map, then it's definitely going to have problems. My PC has problems with this map at high, just because of how many details were added to it to make it more immersive
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
dashay5

Post by dashay5 »

Can someone explain or tell me where I can get information on Farming Simulator 2017 Advanced Graphics Settings.

I am not sure how the settings interact if I change one setting and what is the cause impact on other settings and the game view and functions. With a Nvidia 4gig GTX 960m, 16gig of memory and a i7 processor, I do not understand why I need to drop to the Advanced Graphics Settings to Medium settings vs. High for some maps (see attached doc above on my current settings). Note: most background apps turned off and I play as a single player.