manualAttaching: not possible to use external controller to manual attach/detach

don_apple

manualAttaching: not possible to use external controller to manual attach/detach

Post by don_apple »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: Mac (version 1.4.4)
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: manualAttaching Mod v1.2.2
- Issue: manual attaching/detaching only works via keyboard keys, but not via external controller
- Single- or Multiplayer: SP
- Steps to reproduce: define a button combination on an external controller via in-game 'Controls' menu or by editing the inputBinding.xml directly, and try to use this button combination in game to attach/detach implements while standing next to them
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no? yes

I have modified the input bindings for the manual attaching mod to be able to use the buttons on my gamepad to manual attach and detach implements. In the inputBindings.xml the input bindings now look like the following:

Code: Select all

<input name="maAttach" key1="KEY_q" key2="" mouse="" button="BUTTON_5 BUTTON_2" device="0" category="VEHICLE" />
    <input name="maAttachSpecial" key1="KEY_z" key2="" mouse="" button="BUTTON_5 BUTTON_3" device="0" category="VEHICLE" />
When I stand next to the tractor and implement it shows the button combination for attaching/detaching, but when I press the button combination nothing happens:
Using the keyboard key still works however:
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Smith Modding

Re: manualAttaching: not possible to use external controller to manual attach/detach

Post by Smith Modding »

I was about to try that on my gamepad, I'll see if it works for me.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Wopster

Re: manualAttaching: not possible to use external controller to manual attach/detach

Post by Wopster »

If this could be confirmed i will add it to my list.. or you can report the bug here:
https://github.com/stijnwop/manualAttaching/issues

Easier for me to keep track on bugs. :mrgreen: :D
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

It works for me don_apple. Try removing that line in the xml then finding "Attach or Detach Object" in the controls menu of the settings and assign it that way
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Wopster wrote:If this could be confirmed i will add it to my list.. or you can report the bug here:
https://github.com/stijnwop/manualAttaching/issues
I've tried the version from the GitHub repo now, and with that everything works as it should. And even better it is using the same controls as the standard 'attach implement' function without having to assign them or modify the inputBinding.xml *thumbsup*
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules