Lizzard Pickup TT Double Cab 5th Wheel Hitch Bug

Krahazik

Lizzard Pickup TT Double Cab 5th Wheel Hitch Bug

Post by Krahazik »

I have found a bug with the 5th wheel hitch on the Lizard Pickup TT Double Cab mod.

Tested with 3 different gooseneck trailer mods, and checked the trailers with a regular semi tractor.

When I hook the pickup to any of the 3 gooseneck trailers, the trailer is unable to swivel or turn on the 5th wheel. The entire assembly acts as a single long vehicle making it almost impossible to turn the truck at all.

When I hooked the trailers up to the 5th wheel of a regular semi tractor, the trailers swivel on the 5th wheel just fine, like any other trailer.

Trailers used for testing; Not a whole lot of gooseneck trailers out there to test with.
Prax

Re: Lizzard Pickup TT Double Cab 5th Wheel Hitch Bug

Post by Prax »

I can confirm, i have the same issue with the same trailers you have tried. Here are some different trailers to mention that don't work.
This is what my truck does. It's completely rigid, unable to articulate in any direction.

Modhub - UM TILTDECK TRAILER V2.0
fs17.co - MERIDIAN 400

Prax

Post by Prax »

I was able to fix it.

All i did was add allowsLowering="false" to the attacherJointConfigurations , in the part where it sets up the the attacher joint index...

The entire attacherJointConfiguration section should look like this now if you want to just copy and paste it into your mod...

Code: Select all

<attacherJointConfigurations>
        <attacherJointConfiguration name="$l10n_configuration_valueDefault" price="0">
            <objectChange node="0>5|0" visibilityActive="false"/>
        </attacherJointConfiguration>
        <attacherJointConfiguration name="Bed hitch" price="2000">
            <attacherJoint index="0>5|1|0" jointType="semitrailer" lowerRotLimit="12 175 12" upperRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" canTurnOnImplement="false" allowsLowering="false">
                <schema position="1 0" rotation="0" invertX="false" />
                <attachSound file="$data/sounds/attach.wav" pitchOffset="1.20" volume="1.10"  indoorVolumeFactor="0.75" indoorLowpassGain="0.75"/>
            </attacherJoint>
            <objectChange node="0>5|1" visibilityActive="true"/>
        </attacherJointConfiguration>
    </attacherJointConfigurations>
Krahazik

Post by Krahazik »

Will that also fix the inability of the trailer to rotate on the 5th wheel?

The 3 trailers I tested with all have a lower function which levels out the truck.

I have not yet tried editing any mods myself.
Krahazik

Post by Krahazik »

Update. Ok I decompressed my copy of the mod and figured out where to add that 1 variable. Made the addition that @prax had made and re-compressed the mod and placed the zip in my mod folder.

Sure enough. That fixed everything. The trailers attached without issue and are able to turn on the 5th wheel as expected.

I might also suggest an increase in engine power to go along with the increased towing capacity.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

The main problem causing the truck to have the front wheels off the ground is that the attacher is located directly over the wheels...
I'm pretty sure should be slightly in front of it so the weight of the trailer keeps the truck wheels on the ground...<

I'm going to check this out when I'll have some time free...