[READ] TWTOF: Cut down a tree, now can't do anything with it.

IseOlen

[READ] TWTOF: Cut down a tree, now can't do anything with it.

Post by IseOlen »

Map: TWTOF
Game version: 1.5.1 (happened before latest update, now updated the game)
I cut down a tree (coordinates approx: 1307, 1635; between fields 60 and 71) with a chainsaw. It fell. Now I can't interact with it in any way - tractors run through it, chainsaw will not cut etc. But the tree is clearly visible.
It has happened only once, so can't repeat it. Can anyone direct me how to edit my savegame so I can rid of it?

Edit don_apple: moved to 'ModHub Mod Bug-Reports' since this is related to a mod-map from the ModHub
Last edited by IseOlen on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guil

Re: Cut down a tree, no can't do anything with it.

Post by Guil »

Same thing happened to me on Westbridge hills. I think I was able to reproduce it by cutting down a tree and then keep cutting it in small pieces, so small that they disappear after been cut.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

My problem is - I cannot cut it or move it or anything else. Yet it's clearly on the field and by the looks of it - still "growing" - spring came and nice green leaves appeared :mrgreen:
So - any hints on how to edit my savegame to get rid of it (as there's no way I can recreate it, I'm not looking into "fix the bug in game/mod/whatever").
Looks terrible - I have such a nice field and now this in the middle of it: Image
NateS

Post by NateS »

Oh man... That's crazy. I know you said it won't let you cut it up or anything. I doubt this would be any different, but have you tried a stump grinder?
PC & PS4
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

It is possible that the hit-box for the chainsaw has moved off from the trunk of the tree. Try "looking" around with the chainsaw for the saw-here circle.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Nope, the tree is just a hallucination :(
As you can see from the pic, I drove the tractor through it twice. I can also walk through it.
Tried with stump grinder, chainsaw, just to pick it by hand - nothing.
It really isn't there. And yet it is.
It'll be autumn tonight and harvesting time. So I'll be driving my harvester through it :(

PS. I'm on PC, so editing savegame should be possible.
JPS

Re: Cut down a tree, now can't do anything with it.

Post by JPS »

Have you tried taking something tall like a manitou, to see if you can possibly hit it in the air so it moves and possibly changes position so it would let you touch/cut it again ?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I have the same problem. Now I have it just sitting there in the middle of my field :neutralnew:, only thing is I have it in a different spot, same field, its the tree nearest the road on the left of where you are I think
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

redglasses wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:26 pm I have the same problem. Now I have it just sitting there in the middle of my field :neutralnew:, only thing is I have it in a different spot, same field, its the tree nearest the road on the left of where you are I think
Hmm.. This is bad (or good, depends).
Dear BSM - can you look into this?!
IseOlen

Re: TWTOF: Cut down a tree, now can't do anything with it.

Post by IseOlen »

So noone knows how to delete the phantom tree?
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I have two of these on Broxton, right next to each other. I believe that they are the same kind of tree as yours. I have yet to figure out how to rid myself of them. I've learned to just live with them.
Playing on PC
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

@Giants, @Lisertan,
as this happens on different maps I would say it's not mod-specific but rather something engine-specific. Please look into this! Get back to me if you need more input (like savegame files).

Just to get attention from you, sry:
Lisertan wrote:
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Here are two errors in my log that I am assuming refers to the two trees. They are the same errors that I saw in the console when I looked after I first cut down the phantom trees.

Code: Select all

E:/HGames/FS17LiveMods/FS17_Broxton/maps/broxton.i3d (19350.71) ms
Error: Failed to create custom compound splitGeom with 33 children. Maximum is 32.
Error: Failed to create custom compound splitGeom with 33 children. Maximum is 32.
Playing on PC
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

My log is clean.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

IseOlen wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:07 am @Giants, @Lisertan,
as this happens on different maps I would say it's not mod-specific but rather something engine-specific. Please look into this! Get back to me if you need more input (like savegame files).

Just to get attention from you, sry:
Lisertan wrote:
Try enabling developer mode by looking at the game.xml file (located where the mods folder is). Look for a line that has <developer> in it and change the false to true, making sure to keep any quotation marks if any. Save the file, then in game press F5 and look for a orange box (it's a collision) somewhere near or on the field that doesn't have any visual object in it. Use your chainsaw and cut it and see if that works.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10