Doors and gates not working - PS4Pro

JWE75

Doors and gates not working - PS4Pro

Post by JWE75 »

All of sudden all doors and gates are not working in any maps, atleast in PS4Pro. I noticed this last week, after I loaded new Horsch agro map. Doors stopped working for example in Lossberg map at the same time. They were functioning just fine long time earlier.

I tried attached picture (jpg), but it did not work.

I hope you can solve this problem soon. Thank you.
Smith Modding

Re: Doors and gates not working - PS4Pro

Post by Smith Modding »

Use the Image Server to upload the image, then copy and paste the BBC Code full into the forums
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

I see that Giants people are still on holidays and they will view these reports later? But has anyone else noticed this problems with doors and gates??? The problem occurs in every map at the moment.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Yep ps4 pro user and i tried all maps without the mods and nothing changed.There is like a line of code that got overwritten and removed the circle button action from doors and lightswitchs as well.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

They are mostly working for me. I played on west coast and the gates and doors work fine. On XBOX by the way
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] Doors and gates not working - PS4Pro

Post by x Lethian x »

Would it be possible for you to attach an image of the help menu once you attempt to open the doors/gates on the map? Did you try this on Estancia Lapacho?
How are the garage doors for example behaving here?
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I cannot attach a photo on ps4 but i can confirm that when you have the help menu up where the circle button should be displayed its blank.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true

Above is for example of the problem. Occurs with every map with PS4... maybe with other consoles too?
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

x Lethian x wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:05 am Would it be possible for you to attach an image of the help menu once you attempt to open the doors/gates on the map? Did you try this on Estancia Lapacho?
How are the garage doors for example behaving here?
I have attached pic in this topic now. The symbols for gates and doors are missing in every map where they used to work.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

This issue can appear when the button function is not properly mapped in the map itself. We ourselves have only implemented this feature on Estancia Lapacho on the garage door at the starting farm. It works here for me so maybe there are other mods causing the problem? Please try again without any other maps/mods installed. This was tested in the latest public release of 1.5.3. by me :(

To be clear: if this happens on a modmap, then this is an issue the modder him/herself has to fix - please post the map name and problem into our Modhub Bugreport section.
Thank you :)
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:56 am This issue can appear when the button function is not properly mapped in the map itself. We ourselves have only implemented this feature on Estancia Lapacho on the garage door at the starting farm. It works here for me so maybe there are other mods causing the problem? Please try again without any other maps/mods installed. This was tested in the latest public release of 1.5.3. by me :(

To be clear: if this happens on a modmap, then this is an issue the modder him/herself has to fix - please post the map name and problem into our Modhub Bugreport section.
Thank you :)
Thanks. Well, it used to work with for example wiht Lossberg map over a year (with plenty of mods installed) and now lately stopped working. It also used to work with other maps where door and gates were designed to work.

I will try next to post my problem into modhub bugreport section as you adviced.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Ok, so what happens is that a map can potentially mess up the inputBindingsXML of the game. Therefore if it happens on a modmap, the map needs to be updated (although we try our best to test maps and make sure this doesn't happen - but we're only human after all). On PC players can just delete their inputBindingsXML which isn't possible on console though - here only a fresh install or a modmap update can help. You can also try the following on your PS4:

Please go to [Settings]> [Application Saved Data Management] > [Saved Data in System Storage] > [Delete]. There you will find a Farming Simulator 17 file, which does NOT contain "Savegame" in its title and is ca. 3MB. Please delete this file.

(Moving this to the Modhub Bugthread for now.)