FS17 Randomly, but persistently Freezes...

Argo0

FS17 Randomly, but persistently Freezes...

Post by Argo0 »

FS17 Randomly, but persistently Freezes at any point in the game and does not appear to be associated with any particular activity, or equipment, or map.
The freeze occurs instantly and Task Manager shows a steady ~13% CPU activity and 0% GPU activity.
The Game window fades out to foggy white while retaining a faint perceptible image of the game at the point of freeze.
The freeze can occur irrespective of any Mods being loaded (within the game scenario), or present (in the mod directory), or non-existent.
I have checked for updated Device drivers and Windows updates.
The Game Log contains no error messages - example attached.
The Windows Event Manager file is attached.
The PC's DXDiag record is attached.
General specification...
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.00Ghz (8 CPUs)
32768MB RAM
nVidea GeForce GTX 1070

I have two suspicions...
1) Possible the Graphics Drivers (although they are current) because of a) The drivers were updated in late 2017, and b) because of the 0% GPU activity; or,
2) The "MapAutosave_LS17.zip" mod because it appears that when a freeze actually occurs it happens at a random 5 minute multiple of game start.
...However, the above two suggestions may be totally coincidental, spurious, and not connected to the game freeze.
Attachments
FS17-AppHang-46x-13012018to24012018.txt
Windows 10 Event Log
(51.92 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
FS17 - Example - log.txt
Most recent Game Log after Freeze
(75.64 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
DxDiag-24012018.txt
PC Specification
(77.26 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
HeinzS

Re: FS17 Randomly, but persistently Freezes...

Post by HeinzS »

Load mod: FS17_GameExtension (Version: 0.4.2.1) <- this mod has Auto Save too and this makes no trouble.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] FS17 Randomly, but persistently Freezes...

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Argo0!

Please try this again without any mods and start packing them back in again one by one to narrow down the problem further. Right now it seems as though one of the many mods you have installed is causing a problem, so I will move this to the Modhub-Bugreport thread since this does not seem to be a basegame issue.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Argo0

Re: FS17 Randomly, but persistently Freezes...

Post by Argo0 »

OK... I got the solution... :-) (courtesy of HeinzS which made me realise there were two save functions running ~ Thank you)

His suggestion in his reply made me realise that I already had the GameExtention mod AS WELL AS the Mapautosave mod and the two periodically compete and conflict when they happen to run at the same time.

Consequently, Mapautosave is redundant!

Thank You