Pink/purple screen and keeps crashing HELP!!

aclarktbellamy

Post by aclarktbellamy »

I’m having trouble with our computer crashing lately when playing fs17 and the computer is only three months old. When I turn it back on the screen is pink usually. If I unplug and plug back in the HDMI cord (using my gaming computer to my tv) it fixes but it’s happening more and more. The company I bought it from has said it might be the hdmi cord so bought a new one from them but it’s now worse!! Any tips or ideas would be incredibly helpful. Our gaming computer is hooked up to my tv (which is only a few weeks old) with an hdmi cord. We are new to gaming and computers in general so I have absolutely no idea. We’ve tried everything that the company we bought the computer from have advised us to do and nothing is helping. We are really frustrated as we’ve spent a small fortune getting my husband all set up so he had something to do now he can no longer work. Has anyone ideas?
aclarktbellamy

Re: Pink/purple screen and keeps crashing HELP!!

Post by aclarktbellamy »

We have been in contact with the company who we bought the computer from. They keep blaming farming simulator as it’s the only game it seems to be happening in (but also we haven’t been playing our other games lately). We did a test run on a game they asked us too and it worked fine for that one. Should we be sending it back? Does it sound like its computer issue rather than game issue?
aclarktbellamy

Post by aclarktbellamy »

Sometimes mid game the screen goes blank and has no sound and I can’t do anything too. I’m really at a loose end as to what to do
markare

Post by markare »

Do you still have the monitor for the pc. If so try using that to see if the colouring still happens. Test it with different games. Connect it with the vga cable to test it. If it runs OK on the monitor with vga try it on your TV also with the vga if you can, if it discolour again then there is something wrong with your TV, if it discolour with the monitor then it could be a problem with the graphics card or something else.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
aclarktbellamy

Post by aclarktbellamy »

markare wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:56 am Do you still have the monitor for the pc. If so try using that to see if the colouring still happens. Test it with different games. Connect it with the vga cable to test it. If it runs OK on the monitor with vga try it on your TV also with the vga if you can, if it discolour again then there is something wrong with your TV, if it discolour with the monitor then it could be a problem with the graphics card or something else.

Brilliant thanks I’ll give that a go