Mod Bug: AI Vehicle Extension v1.1

Krahazik

Mod Bug: AI Vehicle Extension v1.1

Post by Krahazik »

I have encounted a bug with AI Vehicle Extension 1.1.
PC, Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Using the New Holland CR10.90 with the New Holland 980CF 12R Header harvesting Sunflowers in a circular pattern.
AI Vehicle Expansion collision detection is turned off.

Yes for some reason, I keep getting a message stating that my helper has stopped due to an obstruction, even though when I check, there are no obstructions at all.

On other fields, wit the same settings, (using the SuperFlex Draper 45FT header), if there is an actual obstruction, AI will not stop but just try to keep going and gest stuck until I show up to fix the situation. This is expected with collision detection turned off.

The only time the AI stops and shuts down so far, is with sunflower harvesting with no actual obstruction in its path.
I get in the harvester, start it back up, (do not make any changes to its position), re-hire the helper and it resumes travel, proving that there is no obstruction.

Edit don_apple: moved from "Modding" to "ModHub Mods Bug-Reports", since this is where issues with mods from the ModHub should be reported.
ThaFarmer

Re: Mod Bug: AI Vehicle Extension v1.1

Post by ThaFarmer »

I've experienced this bug too a few times, but as it was on a test game I though it was due to something else...

AI Ext. can be tricky to set up correctly, I've managed to get it working pretty well a few times using the circular pattern, with "straight reverse" turns.

- If you have more than 1 tractor(if you have large fields, 15ha or lager) working a job(ex. plowing/cultivating), make sure there's a good distance between them, and that they won't get close(stop one of them early) from one another, 'caus they'll stop before getting too close and give the "obstructed by an object" message.

If your map has ChoppedStraw and you count on this to add 1 fert. step, AI Ext. isn't the best(unless you're in MP)... In SP/Career, I prefer CoursePlay, which is even almost easier to set up once we got its functions handled. I haven't tried CoursePlay on asymetric fields(with weird shapes/orientations) tho...
Krahazik

Re: Mod Bug: AI Vehicle Extension v1.1

Post by Krahazik »

I have been looking at Courseplay recently for my single player game. Most of the time the combine is the only thing I use AI Ext on for that circular pattern as I have also been playing with the crop destruction mod so being able to unload the combine from outside the crop is important. Never could really get AI Ext to work any better than the default AI for other vehicles. Sometimes its worse. Lack of a detailed manual I think playes a major factor with the difficulty to use AI Ext, and that would be the fault of the author.

Lately though I have been playing on an online game, which courseplay doesn't work on. Tried AI Ext, but the map im using has very few flat fields, and certainly not the starting fields, and AI Ext barely handles them at all.