Who is Modhub and who runs it?

hardwork

Who is Modhub and who runs it?

Post by hardwork »

I like to know who can answer a question about modhub. Not a mod in it but what happens if downloading causes a problem.
don_apple

Re: Who is Modhub and who runs it?

Post by don_apple »

The official ModHub, which can be acessed either via the in-game menu or via https://www.farming-simulator.com/mods.php?lang=en, is owned and operated by GIANTS.

If you encounter with a mod that was downloaded from the official ModHub you can either report it here or you can try to reach out to the creator of the mod directly to check if they can fix the issue.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

here is my reason for asking. I had problem as a matter of fact I will enclose the email I sent to giants about this.
My response is also included which he has not replied to. 1. are you still supporting FS 17? 2. Could there be a problem with modhub.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, due to the huge amount of questions and requests we daily get about mods, we are afraid we cannot provide support for this topic. Please keep in mind that mods are not developed by us but by our game fans.

If you are willing to submit a request, just refer to the official Farming Simulator forum at viewforum.php?f=940 . The community will be happy to help you out with installation issues or any other mod-related topic.

In addition, we recently established a forum for the GIANTS engine and modding: https://gdn.giants-software.com/forum.php

Within this forum, we offer some basic Tutorials of our Giants Editor and a small peek in 3D modelling: https://gdn.giants-software.com/videoTutorials2.php

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Christofer Zoltán
GIANTS Software Support Team

You wrote:
> Platform: Sony Playstation
> Product: FS17
>
> Don't know if you are still supporting FS 17 or not, but here is the problem I ran into. Went to
> fS 17 modhub to download a new piece of equipment to put in inventory. I restarted the game and when I looked to see if it was there in the shop and it was. I looked for another piece of equipment to use with it that was in my garage and noticed that it was no longer there. Looking further I found that all the equipment that I owned that was a mod had gone missing seed tanks, fertilizer tanks, bee houses,Boss trailer and Man truck plus the worst was the silo with all the material in it, all are mods. The Fortschritt mower that I wanted was there and after I repurchased and loaded all the mods again, I loaded the mower and have had no problems. Again all the mods that disappeared were still in the shop just not in the garage.
> I am playing PS4 pro and the map is woodshire playing this map for 168 hrs with no issues.
> any ideas?
> Needless to say I am reluctant to visit the modhub again
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

hardwork wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:38 am 1. are you still supporting FS 17?
Since I do not work for GIANTS I can't give an official statement here. But everything GIANTS is doing nowadays seems to be focused on FS19 and other projects, like the FSL, therefore I doubt that they will be doing any more work or support for FS17.

hardwork wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:38 am 2. Could there be a problem with modhub.
I doubt that the issue you have experienced is a general issue with the ModHub. The ModHub only provides the access to the mods, it doesn't have any direct interaction with any of the savegames.

Based on your description I think your issue is more related to the mod you downloaded and the fact that you tried to use it with an existing savegame.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

Would you agree that he could have answered that with a yes or no. It's like he tried not to answer the question asked and distract by sending me here. I never said that the mod was the problem and I am using it now with no issues. I had other saved games and their equipment didn't disappear only in the game I was in. Had it been a problem with the game and they are not supporting FS 17 cumming here would not get it fixed. I assumed that the modhub is just a big directory with files in it and if that was the case than it was unlikely that it caused the problem.
but his answer was vague or 'we don't make the mods' so blame everybody else. there is only two places to go from there the map or the game.
Frankly I was shocked I received an answer at all. I asked two questions last October and have still not received a reply. but they did say it takes two business day to respond

You stated in the last line that 'Based on your description I think your issue is more related to the mod you downloaded and the fact that you tried to use it with an existing savegame Can you explain how you could put a mod in without a savegame. I think that it would require you to 1. load a new map 2. explore it and determine what mods you would like to have, go out of game( without saving ) load mods, return to map load mods and try and play. Should you want to add another mod at some point how would that work?
Zieb

Post by Zieb »

It's a message that everyone gets, I got the same email message for my bug. I do not believe that the person handling the emails has much time to directly answer the hundreds of emails they get daily and you were given the best information to find an answer to your problem. I am brand new to this game and learning still so I have questions about EVERYTHING. Can you imagine if I and everyone like me emailed you about everything we dony know? I think you would write up a "cover all" email to send back, too. So far, this forum has been a tremendous help to me and it looks as if you got as answer here... so, you were given the best advice by that email. Appreciate.
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

The problem is the same every time. The person answering must have the reading comprehension level of a chimp.
He answered two questions I never asked. I tried a follow up on the question I asked and received no response.
This is what they do I still waiting on a question I asked more than two years and The said they would respond within two business days ,still waiting. They must have the longest business days in the world. Good luck getting an answer from them.