[FS18] Feedback/Discussions...

Dr. Bob

Re: [FS18] Feedback/Discussions...

Post by Dr. Bob »

There have been two updates now as far as I know and all it says is stability/bug fixes. It would be nice if a list of actually fixed issues, the ones that the players can clearly notice, would be published somewhere. For instance. The game crashing when you load the last bale on an Arcusin that I have experienced too many times and which I saw mentioned by several people in the Play Store comments. I now quit the game to force a save (which is one reason the manual save option as present in FS14 is so useful so please bring it back) to prevent loss of a bit of game progress but quitting resets all zoom levels and since I play the game more zoomed out on almost every vehicle I then have to zoom out every vehicle again after resuming to load the last bale. So it would be nice to actually KNOW whether/when you will have fixed that bug so I can stop quitting/restarting the game with every full Arcusin.

Which brings me to a feature request (which could use a separate topic). Please preserve all zoom settings for all vehicles when quitting. Also a user configurable default zoom level would be very nice, with an option to reset to that default zoom level.
RaV23

Post by RaV23 »

Are there 3 phases of fertilization like in FS17?
Is one fertilization sufficient?
FS 17 Gold Crest Valley 360h/ Sosnovka 300h/ The Valley The Old Farm 440h :mrgreen:
FS 19 Fellsburn 160h / currently The Old Farm Countryside 100h+ / waiting for seasons...
PS4 Player
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

RaV23 wrote:Are there 3 phases of fertilization like in FS17?
Is one fertilization sufficient?
There is only one fertilization stage in FS18 ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
mrprez

Post by mrprez »

I'm with Dr. Bob on the zooming issue. I zoom out everytime I start the game on all vehicles. Time consuming.
RaV23

Post by RaV23 »

I have another question - is there a limit to the number of animals?
FS 17 Gold Crest Valley 360h/ Sosnovka 300h/ The Valley The Old Farm 440h :mrgreen:
FS 19 Fellsburn 160h / currently The Old Farm Countryside 100h+ / waiting for seasons...
PS4 Player
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

RaV23 wrote:I have another question - is there a limit to the number of animals?
There is no limit on how many animals you can have ;)
PolarWolf

Post by PolarWolf »

Good evening!
Are you planning to release version for Windows 10 mobile?
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

PolarWolf wrote:Good evening!
Are you planning to release version for Windows 10 mobile?
Hi! Currently, there are no such plans, I'm afraid.
Bluebird Nation

Post by Bluebird Nation »

I just want to say great game Giants. I'm having a great deal of fun with this game. I recently bought a new tablet so I saved my single player game to the game's cloud so I can transfer the saved game to my new tablet. It doesn't allow me to transfer the saved game to the new tablet. It only crashes the game, stating FS 18 has stopped working. Both my old and new tablets are android and the game is off Google Play. What am I doing wrong?
KS_FarmerDave

Post by KS_FarmerDave »

Really enjoy the new FS18, rates up with the "Difficult" level of previous versions.

The biggest things that I can see that could be improved upon (and I have seen numerous posts about these) are the need for larger cultivators and planters. Would take away need for 2 of the smaller units.

The size of the fertilizer spreaders takes too large of step - the small can't even spread a small field and the large sprayer spreads more than 2 passes in a small field. We need a spreader sized between these two.

Also, would be nice to have bale pickup wagons be able to unload elsewhere than the barns so the bales could be stored and reteived when needed. Makes more sense than storing on the large hauling wagons.

Do they ever add new equipment between versions? I don't remember seeing anything like this in FS16.
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

Bluebird Nation wrote:I just want to say great game Giants. I'm having a great deal of fun with this game. I recently bought a new tablet so I saved my single player game to the game's cloud so I can transfer the saved game to my new tablet. It doesn't allow me to transfer the saved game to the new tablet. It only crashes the game, stating FS 18 has stopped working. Both my old and new tablets are android and the game is off Google Play. What am I doing wrong?
The games of FS16 and FS18 (not FS14) can be saved locally using the Helium back-up app in combination with the Carbon utility on a PC that enables Helium to work on unrooted devices.

You can copy the saved game folder to another device (place it in the 'carbon' folder), or move an external memory card from one device to another, and restore the saved game from the other device.

I have recently copied my FS18 game from a 12" tablet to my 5,5" phone that way so I could make a 'fork' of that game in which I'm currently winding down the entire operation. I have to empty the slurry silo's and the manure and use up all grass and straw I still had on numerous trailers. I also have to sell off all of the harvested products during great demands of course and grind the tree stumps so the trees can regrow. In the end I want to end up with everything clean and empty and then sell off all my equipment. Liquidate my assets so to speak so I'll end up with just a huge amount of money in the bank.

The fork started at 7,5 million and I'm currently up to 9,6 million without having sold a single piece of equipment. The pigs are all gone, the slurry is gone, currently using manure and the cows are going through the last straw that was stocked in rolls on a large trailer. Three meadows are cleaned of all mowed grass but the small central one I have mowed dozens of times without doing anything in between so I still have to get rid of that huge amount of grass. I like that it accumulates. Way too much work if you have to collect it every time.

I'm surprised how large of a task it still is to revert everything back to the starting situation but I'm having fun doing it. It's a new goal I can work towards. Once I'm done I will save and preserve that game again to maybe use as a starting point for new games with a different focus. No need to earn money in those games anymore. I'll probably end up with 15 million+ so I can buy anything I want. That will make for an interesting change. Too bad you can't sell off the fields (yet - feature request - for normal game play when you want to upgrade to a larger field it helps if you can sell the smaller ones to generate money for the large one, just as in reality).

And yes. The equipment range is not properly balanced in FS18. The smallest fertiliser spreader from FS14 and FS16 should replace that no-good silly tiny thing we have now, and maybe add the larger one from those games too. In FS16 there were much larger cultivators but their use was limited by the much smaller seeder, the same we have now as the largest available. So we need larger cultivators and larger seeders too in FS18. In the paid upgrades in FS14 are several useful pieces of equipment that could/should be included in the equipment range of FS18.
Bluebird Nation

Post by Bluebird Nation »

ok thanks Dr. Bob. I know what to do now and yes I do agree that FS 18 needs a bigger cultivator, fertilizer spreader, and seeder. I think there was equipment added to the FS 16 game but not sure. I realize that on mobile, there are limitations but I hope they add equipment in the future :smileynew:
daphniesman04

Post by daphniesman04 »

Someone please help me. I bought the fs 18 for my kindle fire. I can play the game maybe 5 minutes then the game freezes, closes. I've tried a new installation, don't helP. I've cleared data, cache, don't helP. I've Done force closes, don't helP. I've reached to giants, but so far not much helP received from them. I love the game, (I think) not enough game time to judge it. I paid 5$ for a app that I can't play. It's beyond aggravating.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Bluebird Nation wrote:I just want to say great game Giants. I'm having a great deal of fun with this game. I recently bought a new tablet so I saved my single player game to the game's cloud so I can transfer the saved game to my new tablet. It doesn't allow me to transfer the saved game to the new tablet. It only crashes the game, stating FS 18 has stopped working. Both my old and new tablets are android and the game is off Google Play. What am I doing wrong?
We are currently experiencing issues with loading a cloud save and are working on a fix! ;)
Neal121

Post by Neal121 »

I've played many hours since my last post. And after reading other posts, I have to agree with some things said.

I loaded up FS 16 to look at the store again, this felt retro after so many hours in FS18 lol, and Fs16 has the wider tools. Why doesn't 18? I feel like I'm dragging time with the widest cultivator available on the largest field in 18.

Are any plans in place to add new tools? I'm sure everyone agrees that it would be great to have wider tools.

The game is great, even tho the AI driving needs some work still, but it's time consuming with the smaller tools.