[FS18] Bug Collection Thread

jws338

Re: [FS18] Bug Collection Thread

Post by jws338 »

On which device you're playing FS18: iPad os10.3.3

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object:MF corn harvester and semi

- Issue: Semi runs into corn head stopping the semi at that point. I have to manually move the semi.

- Single- or Multiplayer:Single

- Steps to reproduce: If you need I will make a movie.

Different field same result
jws338

Post by jws338 »

New bug iPad, os 10.3.3 single Loading wagon turns in front of car, car does not stop, crash happens. Shouldn't the car stop or the loading wagon wait until traffic is clear? This has happened with other equipment turning at the same intersection.

x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

jws338 wrote:New bug iPad, os 10.3.3 single Loading wagon turns in front of car, car does not stop, crash happens. Shouldn't the car stop or the loading wagon wait until traffic is clear? This has happened with other equipment turning at the same intersection.

Traffic and pathfinding are not working together in the code to ensure a "safe" traffic. This will not be fixed anytime soon.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

x Lethian x wrote: Traffic and pathfinding are not working together in the code to ensure a "safe" traffic. This will not be fixed anytime soon.
This is a 'bug' that has been present for years since the first incarnation of Farming Simulator, it is probably THE MOST FRUSTRATING shortcoming in the game that is at the top of every user's list to be fixed.... and Giants.... is not going to fix it "anytime soon"?

Really? :neutralnew:

Please get your priorities in order Giants, and LISTEN to your customers. If you take their money, you should cater to THEIR needs and wishes.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Dr. Bob!

As I said, I'm afraid that we won't revamp the whole pathfinding system for FS18. As for future titles we will just have to see what the future brings ;)
jws338

Post by jws338 »

Traffic and pathfinding are not working together in the code to ensure a "safe" traffic. This will not be fixed anytime soon.[/quote]

If you won't fix this bug, can we get larger cultivator and seeder????

John
Bring on FS20
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

To be clear. When referring to the most frustrating shortcoming in the game I was referring to the whole general 'collision' problem that has been present in the game series from the start and has never been fixed in later versions of the game. The AI traffic collisions are only one manifestation of this wider problem. So are the 'workers' colliding with each other and them getting stuck on objects. There should be a properly functioning collision avoidance algorithm in the game(s) preventing them all.

Let me mention one in particular because it is related to another property in the game.

The vehicles have an emulated 'inertia' that makes them continue forward a bit when the throttle is released. When a tractor with tipper collects the contents of a harvester after honking it drives back to where it came from but it doesn't assume the original orientation it was in but simply drives to its point of origin and then stops... but overshoots a little each time until it gets stuck against a rock face or some other near object.

This specific type of collision could be avoided by not only driving back to the location but to the exact same position including the orientation it was in. Releasing the throttle slightly earlier or 'braking' would assist in preventing this 'drift' in location of the harvest collecting tipper tractors.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

* Updated the Known Issues. (@ the start of this thread ;) )
Servinjesus1

Post by Servinjesus1 »

x Lethian x wrote:I'm afraid that we won't revamp the whole pathfinding system for FS18.
What if stuck vehicles backed up and then turned a little (either direction would work)? I think that would solve most wall, intervehicular, and traffic issues.
Studly1

Post by Studly1 »

Every time I load up the pig farm with a lot of canola and corn, save program and quit. I come back on and lose most of my product deposit, drops down to 30k.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Studly1 wrote:Every time I load up the pig farm with a lot of canola and corn, save program and quit. I come back on and lose most of my product deposit, drops down to 30k.
Hi studly!

Could you tell me exactly how much canola/corn you have deposited at the pig shed in order for us to reproduce? Thanks!
Studly1

Post by Studly1 »

x Lethian x wrote:
Studly1 wrote:Every time I load up the pig farm with a lot of canola and corn, save program and quit. I come back on and lose most of my product deposit, drops down to 30k.
Hi studly!

Could you tell me exactly how much canola/corn you have deposited at the pig shed in order for us to reproduce? Thanks!
I had 195000 of each
jws338

Post by jws338 »

Giants, Is there a date that you will fix some of bugs in FS18. I have played the game for a month now and it boring. The game needs some goals that let you do something else. It need a second layer after you own everything. There is no reason to keep playing FS18 in its current condition. Helpers are constantly getting stuck. The semis are constantly running into the combine when honking horn to be emptied. The planter and cultivator are not large enough to farm the whole map. It would be nice to have 5 more tools.

Why don't you fix the games bugs, give us a few enhancements, and double the price. Charge for the second layer. Do something . Bring out FS20. You could have a great game if you could fix the bugs!

John
RaV23

Post by RaV23 »

- On which device you're playing FS18: Lg x power - android
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: fliegl low loader
- Issue: After loading the combine, the trailer slides sideways (look like drift :P), AI can not reach the indicated point.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
FS 17 Gold Crest Valley 360h/ Sosnovka 300h/ The Valley The Old Farm 440h :mrgreen:
FS 19 Fellsburn 160h / currently The Old Farm Countryside 100h+ / waiting for seasons...
PS4 Player
dvapsy
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by dvapsy »

Hello,

Thank you for all your feedback so far! Today we released another update, which along some fixes, introduces two new machines.

Cheers!
How to post a log file | How to upload images