[FS18] Bug Collection Thread

ojczenasz

Re: [FS18] Bug Collection Thread

Post by ojczenasz »

Hi,
I explicitly stated : "It doesn't really matter which way I'm connecting"
Of course I have tried Iphone as host, unfortunately with same results.

It's rather related to the number of objects in game or something like that. Like I said there is no problem with brand new game. (i.e. delete game and start new)

Also, I don't agree with your suggestion that Ipad is too slow to host multiplayer game - because once it's connected I can play fine for hours, no problem at all.

You just have to look into the initial connection handshake or whatever is happening in the beginning.

Thanks.
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

ojczenasz wrote:Hi,

It's rather related to the number of objects in game or something like that. Like I said there is no problem with brand new game. (i.e. delete game and start new)

Also, I don't agree with your suggestion that Ipad is too slow to host multiplayer game - because once it's connected I can play fine for hours, no problem at all.

You just have to look into the initial connection handshake or whatever is happening in the beginning.

Thanks.
It might be interesting to check whether Farming Simulator 14 remains stable in Multiplayer games or not. If it does it at least gives you the opportunity to play with your son. It has its own charm and I LOVE the user interface with the small map in which you can change vehicles. It's free if you don't buy any in-game upgrades.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/farming ... 17933?mt=8
ojczenasz

Post by ojczenasz »

Dr. Bob wrote:
ojczenasz wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
It might be interesting to check whether Farming Simulator 14 remains stable in Multiplayer games or not. If it does it at least gives you the opportunity to play with your son. It has its own charm and I LOVE the user interface with the small map in which you can change vehicles. It's free if you don't buy any in-game upgrades.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/farming ... 17933?mt=8

Thank You for your suggestion Dr.Bob.
I just downloaded FS14 and I might stick to that - Especially considering the "sales guy" response I got from a QA Engineer...
I will request a refund on the FS18 - simply not worth it.
QA people should act as gestapo inside their own company...this guy didn't even care...or maybe he is selling new ipads.... who knows...

Thanks again.
T.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi ojczenasz!

I'm sorry if I came off too much of a "sales person" ;) We are still trying to improve connection issues on the mobile platforms, but currently letting the iPhone act as a host is the only thing we can recommend. We maybe have one other thing we could try: When tapping on Singleplayer, tap and hold the savegame (the one that causes the connection issues) for around ten seconds. This will open up an eMail pop-up window in which you can state your problem and send us your attached savegame by mail - we can then have a closer look. Until we can find out where the connection issues lie internally, I'm afraid that's all we can do for now...

Regards,
Lethian
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Another thing I noticed, ojczenasz:

I have just tested this internally with our iPad and our iPhone 5S and I'm having no issues at all, so maybe you could try this: I guess you and your son are playing on the same WiFi of courss, but are there any other devices connected on that network? Any downloads in the background? Stuff like this can affect multiplayer connectivity if it happens on a network with busy traffic ;)
ojczenasz

Post by ojczenasz »

Hi,
I've tried two wifi routers on two different frequency bands. There is no issue there.
I can't express myself clearer than this : it's not an issue of lack of processing power because as soon as I connect (ipad as host) the game works like a charm, I can play for hours without getting disconnected , nor there are any jitters or glitches or nothing like that, game works 100%.
The only problem is that it can take anywhere from 30 to 50 attempts before it successfully connects. Sometimes it does connect withing first few attempts i.e. 5-10.
ojczenasz

Post by ojczenasz »

...and just in case you're also wondering I've done full reset to both devices, I've reset routers, turned off bluetooth, checked the connection speed - it constantly hits close to my 100Mbit limit on both devices, tried all fresh with chargers connected (no reason but tried anyway).
There are no downloads or anything bandwith consuming going on, I believe I have eliminated pretty much every possible cause of problem on my side before I contacted you.
And I really hesitated to contact you as I had to register to report a bug.
ojczenasz

Post by ojczenasz »

I apreciate your test with your ipad/iphone configuration. Please try again with following files:

master.dat - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Q5R ... hRV0xScUs0
save03.dat - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Q5R ... U3ZGxJTy13

Device identifier: iPad3,1
iOS version: 9.3.5
ojczenasz

Post by ojczenasz »

Hi,
Last night I successfully connected 2 iphones to my sons ipad and game played nice and smooth also.
Sorry but I don't buy your story with ipad being too slow to handle it.

Please fix the initial connectivity problem.
Thanks.
Neal121

Post by Neal121 »

I had harvested wheat and then was trying to collect the leftovers but my loading wagon was unable to. I tried over and over to collect it, drove at it from multiple directions and nothing worked.

Here is a screen shot of what I mean

anonymous photo upload
jws338

Post by jws338 »

I use a pad, single game, I don't know if you planned this but when harvesting corn with AI the harvester doesn't use the full row width. It usually uses 1/2 or lees. I can do the full capacity of the harvesters without the helpers. Sometime they really do not help. Same thing with FS16.

John
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Good morning, ojczenasz!

We are in fact working on an update for the iOS version which should improve connectivity. I hope that this will solve your problem as soon as it (hopefully) launches later this week.

Regards, Lethian ;)
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Neal121 wrote:I had harvested wheat and then was trying to collect the leftovers but my loading wagon was unable to. I tried over and over to collect it, drove at it from multiple directions and nothing worked.

Here is a screen shot of what I mean

anonymous photo upload
I myself have encountered this problem before - but we did not find a case in which we could reproduce this 100%. Did you find anything on how to make this happen a second time again? After harvesting several fields with wheat on them, nothing happened. Could you tell me what harvester and what cultivator you were using on that exact field? Thanks!
Drinfo

Post by Drinfo »

Hi, I really like the game and have had it since Apple allowed it be down loaded. The Krone not starting its operation on time and missing corn has been noted, but the strange wiggle while it is turning, I assume is not really needed Also, the corn head on the MF combine with the 12m head does not use all the slots to harvest rows. The Joskin Tornado only spreads 12m while the FS17 does 15m. The Caruelle fertilizer only has a 24m spread, where the F17 unit does 28m. The Zunhammer spreader does 12m where the FS17 does 14.8m. This may be planned? The road that exits the cattle property on to the highway has a long grass section. Since it seems to be a main route, how does this grass survive. Along with this grass, any equipment coming from the sheep area and under the railroad bridge always seems to pass over the seed supply square. Even if it has to go out of its way to do so. After that the equipment goes to a 45 degree road (across the grass that is just west of the hay field) to near the grass covered exit road. These two roads should be real gravel roads and not invisible roads that can cause delays when other equipment is stored or stopped there. The barns are very strange. None of our barns hold hay and straw in a ratio to the animals present. They hold all you can pack into them and the remaining bales are stored in an external building designed for that purpose. We also have a number of Harvestor blue glass coated silos for corn silage and haylage (both chopped with machines like the Krone Big X 1100) which is feed to the cattle. This type of silo has much less loss do to mold and dry forage than concrete stave and trench silos.
They require much less work and equipment to fill and to empty. They work on the FIFO system so they do not need to be empty to top them up. The ARCUSIN pickup arm is way slower than the actual units. Once the bale clears the arm, it immediately return to its ready position. This can slow down bale loading by 35 to 45% because you have to stop and wait for it to reset itself.
ojczenasz

Post by ojczenasz »

x Lethian x wrote:Good morning, ojczenasz!

We are in fact working on an update for the iOS version which should improve connectivity. I hope that this will solve your problem as soon as it (hopefully) launches later this week.

Regards, Lethian ;)
Thank You. I really apreciate your help. Looking forward for new update.