[FS18] Bug Collection Thread

MadMax
GIANTS Software | Vehicle Integration

[FS18] Bug Collection Thread

Post by MadMax »

Hello everyone,

if you spot a bug in Farming Simulator 18, please report them here.

Use the form below for a better overview:

Code: Select all

- On which device you're playing FS18:
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object:
- Issue:
- Single- or Multiplayer:
- Steps to reproduce: 
It's important that the bug is reproducable. Otherwise we might not be able to analyze and comprehend it. So please try to be as precise as possible with your descriptions.
Images or short videos showing the bug are always welcome as well!
Gruß Max...
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [FS18] Bug Collection Thread

Post by x Lethian x »

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Helper can get stuck after fertilizing and refilling the tool. This also seems to be the case with helpers and tippers after honking twice in the harvester.
- Fillable tools like sowing machines will trigger the information message on the wool trailer trigger near the sheep shed.
- The manual currently does not explain how to buy animals.
- Sending a helper to gas up a truck with a trailer attached will send the helper to drive through the field instead of "parking" on it, leading to the helper not gassing up the truck properly

FIXED:

- Helper getting stuck in some specific cases
- Fertilize state not saved properly
- Low loader glitches
- Graphical issues on some Android devices (Vivante GPU)
- Any straw more than 24k within the storage will be reset after reloading the savegame
- Loading up the last bale on a bale loader can cause a crash on Galaxy S7/Android 7 devices

WON'T FIX:

- Picking up hay with a loading wagon will turn it into grass. This an intended game design bahaviour and won't be changed.
- General AI Pathfinding won't be overhauled anymore for FS18.
- Runaway pig is an intended easter-egg :)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Kweakman

Post by Kweakman »

Does anyone else have a problem with receiving a text while playing fs 18, replying to the text while in the game and then the keyboard never going away till you exit out and close the game and restart it?
iPhone 6s
Njballer153

Post by Njballer153 »

I have a problem with my cows on FS 18. I have given them both grass and hay bales and they will not produce milk. Any ideas why?
mrprez

Post by mrprez »

Have you given them loose straw? Like the leftovers from harvesting wheat?
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

Njballer153 wrote:I have a problem with my cows on FS 18. I have given them both grass and hay bales and they will not produce milk. Any ideas why?
Just checking... You have indeed purchased cows? In FS16 the herd was already in the stable. Now you have to buy them first and transport them there.

If you do have cows, how/where are you checking their milk production?
m4yh3m

Post by m4yh3m »

Big X 1100 misses corn stalks during auto harvest - specifically, after it turns around to make the next pass, it misses a stalk or two because it straightens the blade inside the field instead of straightening outside the field like the other vehicles.

The log trailer could use a bigger contact zone. Currently it is very picky about where you approach with the front loader before it will transfer the log - it seems to prefer the front half of the trailer. Extending a little further around the outside of the trailer would be nice so that you don't have to touch the tractor to trailer every time.

There is no information in the manual about the car wash. Is it necessary to use it? What is affected by having dirty vehicles? Does it only affect the vehicles or are my tools and equipment affected as well? Do I need to run my harvester equipped with a header through the wash or can I hook the header to a tractor and run the header up for a quick rinse?

These issues appear in both Android and iOS, single and multiplayer.

Samsung S8+
iPad Pro
daphniesman04

Post by daphniesman04 »

I have the kindle fire with os 4.5.5.2 . Giants fs 18 version 1.0.0.4 Amazon oes2.... App freezes after a few moments, then regardless what I do, I can't get it to open.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

daphniesman04 wrote:I have the kindle fire with os 4.5.5.2 . Giants fs 18 version 1.0.0.4 Amazon oes2.... App freezes after a few moments, then regardless what I do, I can't get it to open.
Could you please do the following for me: Enter "Settings" -> Go to "Device Options" -> Go to "Device Model" and then tell me what it says there? Thank you!
daphniesman04

Post by daphniesman04 »

x Lethian x wrote:
daphniesman04 wrote:I have the kindle fire with os 4.5.5.2 . Giants fs 18 version 1.0.0.4 Amazon oes2.... App freezes after a few moments, then regardless what I do, I can't get it to open.
Could you please do the following for me: Enter "Settings" -> Go to "Device Options" -> Go to "Device Model" and then tell me what it says there? Thank you!

Lethian... it says KINDLE FIRE HD 3RD GENERATION
dvapsy
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by dvapsy »

Hi daphniesman04,

Could you please elaborate on what exactly is happening?
Does the app freeze right away (black screen)? - In that case try restarting the device or downloading the app again.
Does the app freeze in the loading screen, menu? - In that case you may try signing out/in to your amazon account.
Does the freeze happen after you've started the game? - Then before you start playing you may try going to Settings Menu and changing the GFX setting to "low".

Please let us know if any of these steps helped or not, otherwise just write what is happening and we will try to pinpoint the issue.
How to post a log file | How to upload images
daphniesman04

Post by daphniesman04 »

Hi daphniesman04,

Could you please elaborate on what exactly is happening?
Does the app freeze right away (black screen)? - In that case try restarting the device or downloading the app again.
Does the app freeze in the loading screen, menu? - In that case you may try signing out/in to your amazon account.
Does the freeze happen after you've started the game? - Then before you start playing you may try going to Settings Menu and changing the GFX setting to "low".

Please let us know if any of these steps helped or not, otherwise just write what is happening and we will try to pinpoint the issue.

Hello, thanks for the help... it freezes after I play it about 5 or more minutes. I seem to notice it more if per say I have all my tractors being operated, or after I purchase a few equipment. The screen will just stop moving, not being able to make any inputs on the screen. Everything In the game stops like it is on pause or something. Then after about 30 seconds like that, the game will close. When this happens, I try to open it again, it will start, load, then immediately after hitting start game, it will close. I already had my gfx set to low quality so that's not the issue. If I force close the game it helps, but only if I clear my cache, data. Which means, I'm starting over with a new game every play.
dvapsy
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by dvapsy »

Thx for the reply,

Is your device a "Fire HD 8 (2015)"? Could you please post first 4 digits/letters of the device serial number (you can find it in the device options menu as well) so we could identify the device better?
We are looking into various performance issues with the new patch coming later this week. The patch will also tweak the behavior of the resolution change, which happens whenever the performance is too heavy for the device to handle, and is most likely responsible for the freeze you're experiencing. Sadly we could not reproduce the behavior you're describing on our in-house kindle fire.
Hopefully the changes we introduce will solve your issue, however if that's not the case, you can get back to us then and we will try to look into it more.

Thanks again for highlighting this problem for us.
How to post a log file | How to upload images
ojczenasz

Post by ojczenasz »

Hi,
I'm having troubles connecting with mutliplayer host.

I'm using Ipad 3 as host, Iphone 5S as guest. (both latest firmware).
It doesn't really matter which way I'm connecting - I get file transfer timeout (Says "Przekroczono limit czasu przesylania pliku gry" - in Polish)

What I discovered also is that when I select brand new game then connects OK and I can play fine for hours,
but as the game progresses I guess that file gets bigger and next time I try to connect I get timeouts.

Multiplayer is the reason I bought this game so I can play with my son.

Thank You.
Tom.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi ojczenasz!

I'm sorry to hear that, but it seems that your devices just don't seem to be powerful enough for Multiplayer if you are receiving this error repeatedly. The iPhone 5S is slightly faster in terms of hardware so I would try hosting the Multiplayer game there - you could also try uploading your savegame to the cloud from the iPad 3 and then downloading + hosting it again on the iPhone 5s if your save is still on the other device.

There is not much else we can do at this level :(