[FS18] Feedback/Discussions...

Drinfo

Re: [FS18] Feedback/Discussions...

Post by Drinfo »

Hi, great game. With a few mods it it could be super great game. As this is a 2018 game, we should take land compaction seriously. (Even though it is not programmed into the game.) A number of recent studies by done by Minnesota and North Dakota show how shallow and how deep the compaction really happens. Other studies indicate how oil radish and sunflowers can help to correct types of compaction. Almost the worst was large trucks with road tires. The existing two semi tractors and the 2 axle road trailer should never go on to the field. The game would be better with the Tatra 6x6 with the Krampe Bandit SB 3 axle trailer. While it sits at the edge of the field it would be filled by a fat tired tractor and a Bergmann GTW430 Auger wagon fitted with tracks. The Fendt 396 (only sold in Canada) needs much larger tires. It should have minimum 710 front and 900 in the rear (like the NH T7.315 HD has). Its current tires are way undersized. There are now 1100 and 1400 tires in general production. Dual wheels are bad for compaction. With the Fendt automatic tire pressure control, they are almost as good as tracks. The two 313 hp tractors (Case and NH) are almost identical and are made on the same production line as they are part of the same company ... CNH. AGCO's equipment are almost all unique. The JCB should have 800 tires. We need the Krone Big M 500 mower. This would reduce mowing to one machine and not two units. Since this is an AGCO type of farm we should have the new Gleaner S98 with 4 wheel drive, 1100 front tires and 710 steering tires (with the largest grain and corn heads). A general list would include: Michieletto animal trailer, Horsch Pronto 9DC and/or Maestro 12 SW planters, Lemken Gigant 10, Grimme Tectron 415 potatoe, Amazone Condor 150001, Holmer Terra Dos T4-4D with HR 9 head, Krone 1290 square baler, MF 2270HD baler, Krone TX 560 wagon, a wide V shaped front weight for the baling tractor to keep bales from getting caught in front of the tractor, a MF 7726 tractor with 710 front tires 900 rear(with heavy duty loader, rear wheel weights and bale spike that can lift 4 large bales), the ability of barns to handle bales that are not delivered via a bale wagon, semi trailer to handle bales (with straps). A number of the seeders also have the ability to fertilize. Could this be added and connected then to each other so that they run out at the same time.
I am running the game on a 12" iPad Pro One with 10.3.2. I am going to get a 12" iPad Pro Two with iOS 11 ... will the game still work? Thanks
nilsbr

Post by nilsbr »

I have the 3ds version of the game and I have been playing for more than 20 hours. I have delivered a lot of goods to the train station but the train doesn’t move. Why is that? Isn’t the train moving in the 3ds version only in all the other versions? There is also an item in the statistics list last point under sold amount second last in the list that I can’t find any information about. I guess it is chaff or grain (from reading the manual) how do I get that?
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

nilsbr wrote:I have the 3ds version of the game and I have been playing for more than 20 hours. I have delivered a lot of goods to the train station but the train doesn’t move. Why is that? Isn’t the train moving in the 3ds version only in all the other versions? There is also an item in the statistics list last point under sold amount second last in the list that I can’t find any information about. I guess it is chaff or grain (from reading the manual) how do I get that?
You get chaff by using a forage harvester and a forage header on corn fields for example ;) The train should be moving as soon as you bring goods to the station - I will ask about the 3DS version and if there is anything specific going on there ;)

EDIT: 3DS version actually does not show the train driving away compared to mobile versions.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
nilsbr

Post by nilsbr »

x Lethian x wrote:
nilsbr wrote:I have the 3ds version of the game and I have been playing for more than 20 hours. I have delivered a lot of goods to the train station but the train doesn’t move. Why is that? Isn’t the train moving in the 3ds version only in all the other versions? There is also an item in the statistics list last point under sold amount second last in the list that I can’t find any information about. I guess it is chaff or grain (from reading the manual) how do I get that?
You get chaff by using a forage harvester and a forage header on corn fields for example ;) The train should be moving as soon as you bring goods to the station - I will ask about the 3DS version and if there is anything specific going on there ;)

EDIT: 3DS version actually does not show the train driving away compared to mobile versions.
Thank you for the very fast reply! I don't think there are any forage harvesters or forage headers that can be used in this game?
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Oh yes, I forgot to mention: We have the Big X in FS18, but he is listed under the "harvester" category - all the way to the right ;) He already comes with his specific header attached.
Scheidy

Re: New content (Sheds, larger fields) as well as compliments for the game.

Post by Scheidy »

Hello Giants
Great work on the game love some of the new content added. Apart from many issues that have already been discussed in the forum, nobody has seemed to mention the fact that there is no sheds to store the farm machinery in (apart from the wooden three bay shed down by the sheep yards). Please add this into the game if possible, there is so much space around the farm yard for sheds (perhaps the sheds that were in fs14)
Also the fields...
Heck they are small...
I know it would be hard to improve this on the current version of fs18 but perhaps you could enlarge the fields a bit. (For example, the MF Delta 9380 with the MF 9250 Dyna Flex header (the largest harvest setup money can buy) can complete the smallest paddock in pretty much two passes, which seems a bit un-farm like.

But enough complaining from me, some of the new content that is currently in the game works well (like the delivery assistants (apart from a few errors) and the new baling forks and trailer) I believe there is great potential for the game to go further with new additions like sheds for machinery, larger fields or even just a larger map for fs20
I hope you take some of these points into consideration as well as some of the compliments for the game because it is a great game

Cheers
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Scheidy!

Thank you for the kind words. We always take your feedback and constructive criticism to heart and think about what we can do to keep improving FS to accomodate our player base ;)
jws338

Post by jws338 »

I really like FS18. Some great improvements from FS16. The GoTo feature is the best. Some disappointments, needs a larger cultivator and seeder. The Stilla 460 fertilizer is ok but why so large and no cultivator and seeders to go with it.

And why not a harvester between MF Delta 9380 and Arcos 595 Plus or at least smaller heads for the MF Delta of?

Can you explain why we have a fertilizer and harvester that can do most fields in 2 passes and do not have larger cultivators and seeders?

I think the update is working for collisions. A great improvement from FS16. The fertilizer still will go off after refilling using Stilla 460. The biogas unloading is a great improvement from 16. Now when bin 1 is full it will move to the next one. You still need some minor improvements.
Drinfo

Post by Drinfo »

Hi. Tests and field trials, along with talking with operators and farmer during 2015, 2016, and 2017 concluded that the tracked Lexion 770 and 780 [made by Claas] and the Gleaner S8 and now S98 [made by AGCO] are not only two of the best built combines available today, but they produce the least crop loss out of the tail end. Several other makes may pass more product through their units, but their crop loss and maintenance are extremely more expensive. Read up on the internet and you will see the facts. The Gleaner also has the largest grain tank of any current combine (390 bu vs 365 bu). Go drive one in wheat and corn to prove it to your self. A Gleaner would meet the needs of a unit between the MF 9380 and the A-595. And it is smaller for tight turning.
jws338

Post by jws338 »

x Lethian x wrote:Hi MrPrez!

This is strange - I've never experienced that before. Could you upload a video somewhere to showcase your issue? Thanks!
Lethian,
This happens to me all the time. I use the semi and the harvester runs into the semi. The semi also hits the corn head on the Big MF. I sure hope you can fix some of the posted bugs soon.
John
jws338

Post by jws338 »

Can someone explain how to take a video of a bug using the iPad and how to upload it.
John
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

jws338 wrote:Can someone explain how to take a video of a bug using the iPad and how to upload it.
John
If you have the Quicktime player installed on a Mac, it is possible to hook up the iPad (to the Mac) and record a video of the problem simply through Quicktime ;) Afterwards just upload the video privately (if you want to) to YouTube for example and share the link with us here so we can take a look. Hope this helps ;)
Bobbych

Post by Bobbych »

I have a question. I have purchased this for my android tablet. I have never played previous versions and I am still learning. However I cannot figure out how to buy animals. They simply do not appear in my shop. Any help
jws338

Post by jws338 »

Bobby, There is a animal shop to the right of the tool shop and little down. That's where you buy and sell them. You will need a transporter to move them from the animal shop to the cows, sheep or pigs. Have fun farming.
Bobbych

Post by Bobbych »

I have tried parking at the animal shop in box with the basket on. Nothing happens