FS 20 Needs...

Drinfo

FS 20 Needs...

Post by Drinfo »

Hi, The new game is very nice and has great graphics. It does need some of the pieces that were in FS 18. List: the control buttons on 18 are easier to use as the unit selection button stays in the lower middle screen and does not move back and forth as the other buttons change [just an example]. There needs to be three of the tractors that were in 18 and are now in 19 added to tractor list [MF 8700 series @ 400 hp, 50 km/h; JBC 8330 series @ 348 hp, 70 km/h and one of either of the tracked Challenger or Fendt tractors ... MT800E/MT1100 - both run @ 646 hp, 40km/h. These would make tractor choices more interesting and add more flexibility in the larger tractor area. The hired help does not operate the loader wagons [not sure yet about the baling equipment ... they never did the bale stacking wagon, which is okay]; they do not take products to sale points; they do not ferry equipment to other parts of the map or get fuel. Growing grass is not explained. The only other problem seems to be the tractors bounce around a lot ... big time. When will the in-app purchases be allowed?

Thanks for the great game. I hope that the above items can be added.
Lindydanny

Re: FS 20 Needs...

Post by Lindydanny »

Agree with all of this.
Myricaria
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by Myricaria »

Hello there!
We have re-imagined the way the game works on Mobile platforms in FS20 with new features. We are sorry you're missing the features from previous games and will forward your feedback to the devs but urge you to give it a try nonetheless as FS20 offers a great new playing experience!

Cheers
How to report a BUG -> German / English | How to post a log file | How to upload images
cbcain

Post by cbcain »

During the re-imagine process, did you ask players what they like? If not, perhaps you should...
Drinfo

Re: FS 20 Needs.

Post by Drinfo »

After more playtime, there seem to be a few additional areas that are missing or I have been not able to locate. List: price of land, an indicator of great demand in the multi-page price list (and any time limit on it duration), how the barn works [it accepts loose straw, besides bales, but does not give credit for the loose straw ... so what is that credit good for and how it is used], there are twice as many icons for products than are defined in the help area [both what they are and how they are used or made], the messages in the right upper corner are very hard to read [light orange or light green] and flash by rapidly, camera shots of equipment do not return to the same view as you cycle from machine to machine [you leave a machine at a distant view and you view when you return to that machine is may show the inside of its wagon ... example], in general there are many items and actions that are not in the help area, and the over-all number of items that can be owned has not been defined.

I like the the game. I liked the previous games. Many of the items that FS18 lacked [equipment] have been added, but then equipment that was in FS18 that was useful in FS18 been removed. Real farmers have a great selection of brands, sizes, and styles. We keep getting a real truncated list if equipment. The F18 and F20 lists need to be somehow combined. Thanks for making the games available to iPads and other of that gentry.

Use: iPad Pro Gen 3 12.9 inch, iPadOS 13.2.3, 512 Gb memory
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

We will of course add more vehicles with updates in the future, like we did for FS18. Also we will fix the control buttons moving around with different settings.

As for the selection of features, we were aware that people will miss some of the features that were available in FS18 but are not in FS20 anymore. However, to move forward with the visuals and the game style of the game, we had no choice but to go the route we took, without developing for another 2-3 years until we have the same feature set as in FS18.
For example the AI being able to deliver goods to sell points was really nice feature in FS18, but unfortunately the more complex 3d world of FS20, makes this much harder to implement, which is why this feature had to be left out. Similarly for the multiplayer. Because the vehicles now have a real 3d physics simulation with proper suspensions etc. and more complicated world simulation, the multiplayer synchronization is much more complicated. The same thing goes with logging. Because there was not real 3d physics in FS18, this was much easier to implement. For FS20 it would be much more complicated to properly integrate this, both with decent performance requirements and with the possibility to control everything with touch controls.
Drinfo

Post by Drinfo »

Thanks for your reply and explanation. I would [personal opinion] trade some of the physics for a more “management” style operation that was available in FS18. I would also trade trade some of the extreme elevations for a some what flatter world [personal outlook, as I live on a farm in midwestern USA]. The names on our selling points have never been personal name (usually corporate, farm groups or sometimes CO-OPs). Now, some major elevators in our area are turning into sites that load gain into international shipping containers or river barges with little storage ... again with more business sounding names. The steering wheel/pedal systems used on your larger products like FS19 are great, but many use their pad type systems in a manner that only allows using hands. It is even difficult to use the tilting physics in the modern sardined packaged airplanes that continue to be the trend. Again, thanks for your reply.
Drinfo

Post by Drinfo »

Greetings,

Thank you for fixing the next-asset control button at the bottom of the screen. Having it stay in one place is great.

An item that is missing is the volume of the slurry that is the bio-gas works. There is no way of knowing if you need to generate more chaf or if you have generated too much and are wasting your effort. A cover over a filled silo [likevFS18] would allow one to dump the remaining load into a different silo. I wish that all trailers and bio slurry used percentages (as in FS18). The bar graphs are hard to estimate, due to their size.

Seeing that all the purchased equipment is listed in a table for selling, is it possible to alter the table so that an asset could be selected and move up or down ... thus altering its position in the asset selector button [at the bottom of the screen].

Thanks
jws338

Post by jws338 »

Myricaria wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:32 pm Hello there!
We have re-imagined the way the game works on Mobile platforms in FS20 with new features. We are sorry you're missing the features from previous games and will forward your feedback to the devs but urge you to give it a try nonetheless as FS20 offers a great new playing experience!

Cheers
What are the new features? I haven't seen anything in FS20 that I needed over FS18. You took away a lot more features than you gave us new features. Only 4 AI's can be used at one time. Whats with that??
Cheers(Not)