At least I’m not the only one!

Zinke83

At least I’m not the only one!

Post by Zinke83 »

Just joined to add my complaints to the list but I can see everything that is wrong has been reported. Just add I would like more of the FS18 features to come back, even if it means sacrificing the graphics. I mean does the suspension need to bounce? The game has always been about gameplay not amazing graphics especially on the mobile version.

Pete.
Lindydanny

Re: At least I’m not the only one!

Post by Lindydanny »

This is the current Giants methodology. Same problem as FS19... They sacrificed performance and gameplay to make the game "pretty" which inevitably makes most of the fans very unhappy.

Unfortunately, we are stuck with this and it probably won't get much better.
cbcain

Post by cbcain »

Thankfully, I haven’t purchased it yet...
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

No, you are not alone!

10 mins with the game and I have made 3x forum posts for simple usability already!

Feel let down as a major fan. It’s like no one with a serious iOS passion has been anywhere near it upon testing.
FS12 on iOS (83hrs) : FS14 on iOS (72hrs & $4m) : FS16 on iOS (223hrs & $23m) : FS18 on iOS (173hrs & $46m) : FS20 on iOS (struggling !) :confusednew:
Eldo31

Post by Eldo31 »

I am exceedingly upset as well, 15 minutes into playing on the Nintendo Switch, I was absolutely disgusted over this version's move towards yet another undesirable "tractor driving simulator" rather than the, as titled, Farming Simulator! Is it pretty? Yes, absolutely! This version is graphically a huge step forward, and I did play long enough to notice some actual vehicle physics, and the addition of the extra crops and animals is greatly appreciated, but the loss of management features we had for the first time EVER in FS18 - without 3rd party mods - is a HUGE letdown. I'm not playing Grand Turismo, especially on a mobile type platform. I dont need fantastic physics or top notch, state of the art graphics on a 3x4" display. What I expected was enhanced FS18-like management ability to run my farm, enjoy the enhanced crop and animal additions and features, but without mind numbing repetition. Why do you think Courseplay is so popular on the main releases, or making unrealistic 20 trailer long road trains if on console? I want to farm, but I also want to manage the farm, not spend my entire day driving a tiny wagon back and forth to the same sell point over and over again until I want to throw my device out a window. Do you guys actually play your own games for more than just a few minutes at a time? Please please please stop trying to make a driving simulator, that's not what is desired. A huge variety of varying activities to do, and the ability to manage and delegate brain-deadening tasks to the AI is what makes a winner. Making it "pretty" with realistic physics is nice, but if that takes away from other, more desirable features, leave that to the main - odd number year - releases.
HUGE SUGGESTION-----Have your programmers and testers actually play savegames for extended periods of time, not just a couple minutes to quickly test something. Almost all of the "glitches" and complaints so many forums topics are always reporting or complaining about become VERY obvious when a person actually plays these games as we, your customers, do. Thx
Aqualize

Post by Aqualize »

last FS i played was 17 on PC (and before I got my switch I installed my old previously paid FS 14 on Android for a few days). Then I got FS 20 on Switch.
I think it has some pros and cons that we have the "mobile version" now. FS for Nintendo Switch Edition was what I understand a port of FS 17. I guess they didn't want to try to get the more demanding FS 19 down to what the Switch can handle. And it was two years since the last one for switch so it matched up with FS 20 release. And the console (like the Lite as I have) is portable.
But they failed to differentiate Switch and iOS/Android version. The game doesn't have any difficulty levels. For iOS/Android I think it is by design and being quite hard to get starting so you pay AIP for more coins. I don't know what they charge but I guess you can get a quite good early boost. For Switch which doesn't have AIP (I think?) and we pay full price - where just left with grinding the first 12 hours. Hopefully I get some more cash flowing now but it hasn't had me thrilled to do this. Since we pay for a full price game I think it should have been given more options of how we want to play - hard or easy.
I had for more fun playing the initial time in FS 17 on PC.
And more tractors! I don't tell which ones but I noticed that CNH have both CaseIH, NH and Steyr of 175 hp - guess it's basically the same tractor (different fuel thank sizes). And then the Fendt and Challenger tracked tractors? In real world I think it's just a "reskin". Feels like they didn't complete so many models and made an easier way to get "enough" models for CNH Industrial and AGCO. Glad at least SDF (SAME Deutz-Fahr) didn't get a 4 versions (I guess one of the lower models are made in four different brands).