Worker problems

King David

Worker problems

Post by King David »

Does anyone know how to stop the AI/worker buying seed or fertilizer when it’s on a job
Meanroo

Re: Worker problems

Post by Meanroo »

King David wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:02 am Does anyone know how to stop the AI/worker buying seed or fertilizer when it’s on a job
Good question and I as well would like to know this answer. It is very irritating..
Lavis
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Lavis »

Hello,

there is no way to stop the worker buying seed or fertilizer.
As soon as you use the worker, he buys his own stuff.
Dmaniac777

Post by Dmaniac777 »

This is a real problem with the Kuhn 6m cultivator. There is no way to have a worker cultivate for you without planting a crop. The Kuhn is the only low hp cultivator available that's larger than the basic 3m Rabe.
Nathfarms

Post by Nathfarms »

Dmaniac777 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:40 pm This is a real problem with the Kuhn 6m cultivator. There is no way to have a worker cultivate for you without planting a crop. The Kuhn is the only low hp cultivator available that's larger than the basic 3m Rabe.
I am having the exact same troubles. There does not seem to be a way to have the worker cultivate a field with this cultivator without also planting Grass or Canola. As you said, this is a real annoyance since the next cultivator (that doesn’t plant anything) requires a 400hp tractor which takes a lot longer to get.

However, I am also concerned that this could be an issue with the bigger seeders in the game since they can fertilize in addition to planting seeds. The workers will likely always buy and apply fertilizer with these implements as well. What if I want to fertilize the field using a different method?

I feel like there could be a fairly simple solution to this problem, just add another option in the seed switcher to not plant anything. This could act as the seed selection just being ‘empty’ so that the worker doesn’t plant anything and just cultivates instead.
Dmaniac777

Post by Dmaniac777 »

Another problem with this: hiring a worker to spread manure or slurry defeats the purpose of free fertilizer costs via livestock.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Isn't it your choice to hire a worker? So you don't want to pay for someone to do your work? That's nice of you. Plus, it is still cheaper than hiring a worker to spread solid and liquid fertilizer.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dmaniac777

Post by Dmaniac777 »

The point was that slurry and manure are no longer free if you hire a worker to spread it because the worker will buy fertilizer as it works.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Is there an option to turn helper buy off? Also spread it yourself then it would be free.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dmaniac777

Post by Dmaniac777 »

No, see original post.
Bab3321

Post by Bab3321 »

I haven’t had this problem. I’ve noticed that when I’m using a worker no matter if it’s planting or fertilizing the level of the product doesn’t go down.
Mikenstien

Post by Mikenstien »

In settings, helper refill, turn this to "off" and they won't buy it