Delivering bales of hay to the main barn

rbussmann

Delivering bales of hay to the main barn

Post by rbussmann »

- On which device you're playing FS20: IPhone 8
- iOS/Android Version: 13.3
- Which Hardware Profile (Settings) are you using? Very High
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Tractor/Autoloading Wagon/ Barn
- Issue: The autoloading hay wagon will not unload for me at the main barn. It unloads down by the other barn just fine. I have driven over the bale indicator from various directions with no results. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.
- Steps to reproduce: Bale some hay and try to deliver to barn for storage.

Dmaniac777

Re: Delivering bales of hay to the main barn

Post by Dmaniac777 »

I believe that bale location is for straw bales only. I don't understand it either. It's very awkward. It leaves bales out in front so they're in the way, and I think you need a bale shredder to get them out. To me, it's cheaper and easier to just leave my loading wagon full of straw and replenish the cows directly from it. Much easier than baling, collecting, and shredding straw bales.

Hope this helps.
rbussmann

Post by rbussmann »

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if something didn’t work. I’ve been baling and stacking by the cows. Odd that there is no where to store them.
Bab3321

Post by Bab3321 »

The loading wagon needs manual unloading option. What would be better is a tractor with a loader and a regular flat bed wagon.
Exfarmer89

Post by Exfarmer89 »

In the stats page there is a place that says "stored bales". Where and how do you store bales?
blang22

Post by blang22 »

Find you a place on the map to store bales ( auto-load bale wagon ), unhook the tractor from it and reset the auto bale wagon … this will leave your bales in a preferred spot and you don't have to worry about excess bales out in the fields ;)

being able to store them inside a building or barn would be ideal but when all else fails this works out awesomely

PS: also Developers !!! INCREASE THE SILO STORAGE FROM 200,000L TO 500,000L PLEASE
ADD MORE JD EQUIPMENT ( TRACTORS, PLANTERS , PLOWS, CULTIVATORS ) ALONG WITH FRONTLOADERS , OPTION FOR DUALS AND LINE ITEMS IN THE PRICING AREA FOR STRAW/HAY /GRASS AT THE STOCK YARD
Krapmeister

Post by Krapmeister »

I have found that if you deliver to a feeding area (Cows, Sheep, Horses) but don't line the trailer up exactly it will still trigger the unloading process but instead of the bales going directly to the feeding trough they will be stacked nearby. You can then "bump" them with a tractor to top up the feed when required.

My question is, apart from this storage option is there any other advantage to bales over loose hay in the wagon?
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Krapmeister wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:31 am I have found that if you deliver to a feeding area (Cows, Sheep, Horses) but don't line the trailer up exactly it will still trigger the unloading process but instead of the bales going directly to the feeding trough they will be stacked nearby. You can then "bump" them with a tractor to top up the feed when required.

My question is, apart from this storage option is there any other advantage to bales over loose hay in the wagon?
If you have the bales stacked next to the feeding trough, the game will automatically snag a new bale when they need one. You don't have to bump them or anything.

As to the advantages of bales over loose material; with bales you can just set them down and walk away. Since you can't store loose material you have to buy an expensive trailer to hold it all in, one for each type (Grass, hay, straw). So I prefer bales.