Fertilizer

Mjkrening1

Fertilizer

Post by Mjkrening1 »

Does it still improve yield to spread fertilizer if your planter takes fertilizer in the first place?
Mjkrening1

Re: Fertilizer

Post by Mjkrening1 »

Well I figured out that you can’t spray a field if your planter also fertilizes. So what’s the big sprayer for? Because who’s really going to get that before they get a planter with fertilizer.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Not all planters / seeders have a built in fertilizer. And you do need to fertilize your field two times in the basegame and three times with seasons for maximum yields. Your slayer can also be used to spray herbicides on weeds.

Besides that you can fertilize after planting, there just have to be one growing stage in between.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Mjkrening1

Post by Mjkrening1 »

I thought this was an fs20 forum, sorry.
Myricaria
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by Myricaria »

This is the fs20 forum. But juf was right. you can fertilize again. there just have to be growing stage in between.
How to report a BUG -> German / English | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Aqualize

Post by Aqualize »

Myricaria wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 am This is the fs20 forum. But juf was right. you can fertilize again. there just have to be growing stage in between.
Pretty sure this isn't true. I had a field planet with a planter that also did fertilizing. Then when the crop had come up I tried with the spreader and the AI worker refuses to work the field. No color change on the map and it is already a pretty dark blue in comparison to FS 17. Help menu doesn't mention fertilizing several times.
Bab3321

Post by Bab3321 »

You only need to fertilize once. It can be done before planting if you are using a planter without fertilizer or after planting. The problem I’ve found is the crops grow to fast so it’s best to fertilize before planting. Has anyone else noticed that when you use a worker when planting or fertilizing the product level doesn’t go down. But if you do not use a worker it does. Also noticed same thing with fuel level.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Bab3321 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:45 pm You only need to fertilize once. It can be done before planting if you are using a planter without fertilizer or after planting. The problem I’ve found is the crops grow to fast so it’s best to fertilize before planting. Has anyone else noticed that when you use a worker when planting or fertilizing the product level doesn’t go down. But if you do not use a worker it does. Also noticed same thing with fuel level.
Is there an option to turn AI buying fertilizer/seed/fuel off? Forgive me, I don't play FS20 but on FS19 there are options for that in the settings
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

The latest FS20 iOS update is released at April 20th 2020. I guess it's also released for Android.

As you can see fertilizer buying by helper can now be enabled or disabled.
As for game (grow) speed, the time scale is now adjustable too.

Fertilizing before you seed (and fertilize by your seeder) is cost saving if you have free slurry or manure at you disposal.

In FS20 only one fertilizer pass is possible/needed for maximum field yield bonus.

XiniX
Ipad 2018 (6th gen) iOS 13.3.1
FS19: Macbook
FS22: Mac mini M1
FS14, FS16, FS18, FS20: iPad

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
Normanj

Post by Normanj »

XiniX wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:14 am Image

The latest FS20 iOS update is released at April 20th 2020. I guess it's also released for Android.

As you can see fertilizer buying by helper can now be enabled or disabled.
As for game (grow) speed, the time scale is now adjustable too.

Fertilizing before you seed (and fertilize by your seeder) is cost saving if you have free slurry or manure at you disposal.

In FS20 only one fertilizer pass is possible/needed for maximum field yield bonus.

XiniX
Ipad 2018 (6th gen) iOS 13.3.1
Thanks for the information @XiniX...
cartler

Post by cartler »

XiniX wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:14 am Image

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for