Farming Simulator 20 makes the Nintendo Switch something the console is not

Voodooseeker

Farming Simulator 20 makes the Nintendo Switch something the console is not

Post by Voodooseeker »

We all believed that Giants Software devs, like so many others game developers had discovered the importance for Nintendo.
In 2017, they released Farming Simulator - Nintendo Switch Edition - a really delicious, brilliant port version of the FS18 ish.
I still play it, about 200+ hours. A game that delivers what to expect of a Farming Simulator, which has the details and features ect.

Nintendo Switch has some mobile gaming undertones so to say - but the console is NOT a tablet or mobile phone!
Think many Nintendo fans agree. It has manifested in the last few years.

My lifestyle, due to work ect. that I don't play that much PC anymore and my Nintendo Switch is the primary console,
primary play device in my life. The TV / handled is much more affordable for me.
That's why I was glad FS20 was suddenly annoyed. Happiness was short, a full-cost mobile version, epic fail Giants Software.
I am very disappointed over you. You could easily have ported the FS19 to the Switch - and would have earned the box !!!
This shows how lazy your dev teams are - cause you could but decided not to.

I'd even be so cheeky to say - that you should know better. For the argument that the Switch cannot
pulling a full delicious version of Farming Simulator does not exist after the great version in performance in 2017.
All other games is down scaled in graphics and sorry to say...no Farming Simulator is fantastic graphics. It's not the
main thing in these games.

A greeting from a disappointed Farmer-fan!

PS. I stay on the first Nintendo Switch Edition version - and I have to live with my wasted money on a very bad FS20 "mobile"game.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Farming Simulator 20 makes the Nintendo Switch something the console is not

Post by Stegei »

Since FS19 is a lot more demanding in PC/Consoles already than FS17, making a straight port from PC/Consoles to the Switch was no longer possible. On the other hand, we have seen, that the majority of people are using the Switch primarily in handheld mode, for which the FS17 port is actually not ideal. Also we have always bein unhappy with the tradeoffs we had to make to get the FS17 port working on the Switch, resulting in inconsistent rendering qualities (some things look really good (things we could not easily scale down), while others look extremely bad (things that we could and had to scale down to make the overall game run) and fast battery rain.
With FS20, we now have a game that is better suited to a handheld experience and content that is targeted to Switch-alike hardware, so that we don't have to make an strange compromises anymore. Depending on your playstyle, the older FS - Nintendo Switch Edition might appeal more to you, since FS20 now is not just better than it's predecessor in all aspects.
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

Hi Stegei,
I can see what you are saying to a certain extent, the thing I cannot understand is the huge price difference to the android version when they are identical.
Surely the switch could have had time and growth control at least, I have tested it now for 211 hours, there are bugs but overall it has run perfectly and looks very nice.
That's it for me now though, because of no control it gets boring very quickly, it just runs to fast can't even leave it to make a cup of tea or the pigs will run out of food. So I'm back to previous version and skyrim.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

There is a new patch being released on Switch today that fixes a couple of issues and adds a few improvements.
There is however no time scale option available yet, but we might work on this for a future update.
Voodooseeker

Post by Voodooseeker »

Hi Stegei

Thank you for your reply to my post.

I do not totally agree with you. FS19 is more demanding yes, but come on there is othe games ported to the Switch much more pretty in graphics.
I have FS19 on my gaming monster PC - and it's not the best game at all in your franchise.
You (devs at Giants Software) think FS17 wasn't suitable for Switch, well you made it right? Actually all the posts I have read, fans like that game much
more than FS19, so? What about listen to fans what they want before what you want? I see cost reducing in developments and easier faster game production - that's
why you made the FS20 on mobile and easily squezed it in the Switch ;)
You talk about controls.....well the controls are way better in the first FS Nintendo Switch Edition. FS20 a lacking everything!
My opinion and my wallet for your software in the future.

/Voodooseeker
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Not everyone thinks fs17 was better than 19. A lot of people gave opinions both ways.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Stegei wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 am There is a new patch being released on Switch today that fixes a couple of issues and adds a few improvements.
There is however no time scale option available yet, but we might work on this for a future update.
Are there any release notes for the new patch.. Id really like to know whats fixed in the switch FS20 version.
I also like to know why there is decided why the farmer cant leave his verhicle so you could work around on the map. (Now you have to buy the pickup truck instead to move around. Which is a kind odd.
I think this made this game very limited if you played FS from 2009 and on..

And iam also not font of FS20.. Its to expensive for what you are getting (34euros are PC platform prices, then you expecting value for the money). I think it was better that the graphics where more limited like to FS17.
FS17 was just looking great enough.. And with the extra space on the cardridge, there could be more implements and tools in the game. Those where very limited.. I rather would like the game, if the gameplay was more extensive, instead choosing for the better graphics way.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
JoshTheDuke

Post by JoshTheDuke »

It's honestly a real shame that they couldn't even go through the effort to put a few extra vehicles or implements in the switch version to at least give you a small feeling that it was worth paying near AAA game price instead of just paying a few dollars to play it on my phone. I do at the very least home it soon sees the same updated the mobile version did as far as timescale and helper refill options.
capnthomas

Post by capnthomas »

When will you add time cycle and the alibity to turn off ai from buying seeds in FS20 on the Nintendo Switch? since its on mobile already.
Firerock

Post by Firerock »

So some people don't really understand what the two farming sim game in the switch are like
Farming Simulator Nintendo Switch addition is fs17 base game no mods or multiplayer and fs20 on the switch is the exact same as the moblie version (I have both games.) And is was sad to see that the only think different with the switch is the graphics a bit I think. It's still cost 30 pounds when the moblie cost 5 and even in moblie if you have a good phone and a controller it's like the switch nearly 100%. Would like to see some more exclusive stuff for the switch port of fs20 because it costs way more and it's the same as the moblie one.