Spreading Slurry and Manure

Gdc8080

Spreading Slurry and Manure

Post by Gdc8080 »

Playing on iPad Pro FS20. When spreading slurry or manure using AI, the volume in the storage does not seem to reduce. Why is this??

Also, why is grassland always showing fertilised even after many many cuts of grass or hay?

XiniX

Re: Spreading Slurry and Manure

Post by XiniX »

When you use a helper (AI) The helper automatically buys the slurry or manure. Look at your $$ amount.
The same is true for seed and fertilizer (solid and liquid).
Beware, you can up to 4 helpers working for you at the same time.

Usual I apply slurry or manure manually, while missing spots on the field. Then I use a helper with a seeder that also fertilize in one go. The helper will only use the fertilizer on the spots I missed in the manual fertilizing pass (before the seeding pass).

Mowing grassland is kinda auto fertilizer.

Hope this helps a bit,

Xinix
FS19: Macbook
FS22: Mac mini M1
FS14, FS16, FS18, FS20: iPad

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
Exfarmer89

Post by Exfarmer89 »

Xinix

I put slurry on a field and made sure I got 100% coverage. I then hired a worker to plant with a seeder that also fertilizes. I was charged over $200 for fertilizer. That method did not work for me. Any ideas why?
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

I use a Ipad too.
With the new update released (two days ago).
You can now enable/disable if the helper will buy slurry, manure, solid/liquid fertilizer or seed.

So your question is solved by the update.

XiniX
FS19: Macbook
FS22: Mac mini M1
FS14, FS16, FS18, FS20: iPad

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
Jonesey_MFC

Post by Jonesey_MFC »

My question is more about the requirement of fertiliser.....
I use the Horsch Pronto 9 DC, which automatically cultivates, seeds and fertilisers, and the AI won’t fertilise a field again with any manure or slurry.

If I fertilise with manure/slurry after harvesting and before reseeding will I get any benefit, or manually fertilising with manure/slurry during growth.

Do your crops get a better yield by double fertilising or using a specific fertiliser, sprayer, manure, slurry or spreader?

Or do you just get the same results from any fertiliser used and from one use?

Thanks
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Jonesey_MFC wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:58 am My question is more about the requirement of fertiliser.....
I use the Horsch Pronto 9 DC, which automatically cultivates, seeds and fertilisers, and the AI won’t fertilise a field again with any manure or slurry.

If I fertilise with manure/slurry after harvesting and before reseeding will I get any benefit, or manually fertilising with manure/slurry during growth.

Do your crops get a better yield by double fertilising or using a specific fertiliser, sprayer, manure, slurry or spreader?

Or do you just get the same results from any fertiliser used and from one use?

Thanks
There is only one level of fertilizer in FS 20. No matter when you decide to do it or with what type. Only do it once, if its blue on the map menu then its fertilized. Adding any more is just wasting it.