Starting a new game in FS20

Celestron4

Starting a new game in FS20

Post by Celestron4 »

I have played the game a small amount but am never very successful. What is the best way to start a new game and what is the best way to maximise profits?
Kimpak

Re: Starting a new game in FS20

Post by Kimpak »

If you're simply trying to make the most amount of money quickly, there's really no reason to plant anything but soybeans. Make sure you fertilize after you plant or get a planter that also fertilizes as you plant. Just keep planting/harvesting beans over and over and storing them. Watch the prices, wait till it gets to 1800 or more then sell as much as you can before the price drops.

You'll want to snag a larger transport trailer as early as you can.
Next you'll want to upgrade your combine as soon as possible

From there you can branch out. I upgraded my cultivator and planter to larger sizes (and got a couple larger tractors to be able to pull). You'll want to acquire new fields too. Start with fields that are close to the starting ones. Its a little cheaty but a good time to buy a field is when the NPC has a crop of soybeans already ready to harvest. You'll get the benefit of that harvest without the input costs.
Aside from beans, I eventually bought haymaking equipment and am working on animals. Saving up to get into cotton, should be there soon.

One other tip once you have a few fields. I like to time it so I only have one or two fields ready to harvest at a time. I drop the game speed to real time. Harvest, cultivate, plant/fert. Then fast forward time till the next field in line is ready to harvest and do it again. The first field is then in its first growth stage. By the time I'm finished with the last field, the first one is ready to harvest again. This way there isn't a lot of waiting around for things to happen once you have the timing right.
Celestron4

Post by Celestron4 »

Thanks for the advice, I’ll give it a go.
anthu

Post by anthu »

My tip:
Sell the two small machines, grubber and seeder, and buy the 6m vaderstedt sowmachine. It can both, and the Case can work with it. Buy the smal fertilizer with the start Money.
As next, if you have more money, Chance the combine to the bigger one.
More workwide.
Soybeans and canola are good fruits.
You can also seed wheat, barley,.. if you have a loaderwagon, collect the straw and sell it.
You can also mowe the gras around, collect it and sell it also.
Lg
Andreas