Can a pickup truck + headers do everything?

tatermaster9000

Can a pickup truck + headers do everything?

Post by tatermaster9000 »

Is there a way to perform all major stages of crop growth (cultivation, seeding, fertilization, harvesting, baling, etc.) with just a pickup truck and a few attachments/headers? Lets take wheat for example: what is the bare bones minimal equipment necessary for all the major stages of the life cycle? Or do you need big fancy machines like combine harvesters to get certain parts of the job done?
tatermaster9000

Re: Can a pickup truck + headers do everything?

Post by tatermaster9000 »

I guess headers is the wrong word here. I mean, are there cultivators, seeders, sprayers, mechanical harvesters, etc. that the pickup track can tow behind it, so that you can execute every phase of the crop lifecycle without needing to buy expensive vehicles?
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

No, the pickup would only be able to pull things with a ball hitch or a semi trailer hitch using a dolly. So nothing with a 3 point or drawbar hitch type. You wouldn't be able to harvest, that requires a combine (or other harvester depending on the crop). I don't think there would be any cultivators or seeders with a ball hitch either. You might be able to get by with fertilizing, I'm not sure if the game recognizes the need for a PTO shaft or not.
Red Neck Farmer

Post by Red Neck Farmer »

Actually thats not entirely true...I can pull the larger tedder and medium windrower with the pickup truck...as well as the smaller manure and slurry tank and all function as if they were on a tractor.I do believe you can also use the Kuhn baler with the pickup.