How and where to fill manure spreader?

tatermaster9000

How and where to fill manure spreader?

Post by tatermaster9000 »

I have FS20 for Nintendo Switch, and I am new to FS in general. I just bought a manure spreader and am looking for the *exact* location where I can fill it, but so far no luck.

I have the spreader attached to my tractor but cannot find where I need to go and what (exactly) I need to do to get it filled. A specific, detailed location and/or set of instructions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
DEERE317

Re: How and where to fill manure spreader?

Post by DEERE317 »

I think in front of the manure pile in the cow barn. (Haven’t got that far into the game yet)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
tatermaster9000

Thanks @DEERE317, when you say "manure pile" near the "cow pasture", do you mean I should be looking for an actual manure pile, or one of those symbols on the ground? And if so, what do I do, just drive the spreader over the symbol, or is it more involved than that? Thanks again!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I think it will be a pile of manure if you have any, I want to say it’s on the side farthest from the road.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
tatermaster9000

Thanks again @DEERE317. Sorry I'm totally new to this game. Are you saying that the only way to get manure in this game is to already own animals and have them produce the manure for you?!?! I was under the impression that I would be able to buy a manure spreader and fill it somewhere else, similar to how I can just drive a seeder up to the silo on my farm and it autofills the seeder. Is this not the case with manure?!

If so, I need a way to fertilize my fields without animals (currently I have no animals)! What type of fertilizer can I use instead?! Thanks again
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Solid or liquid chemical fertilizer
tatermaster9000

OK thanks, so just confirming:

1. in FS20 you *cannot* get manure without owning your own animals first
2. instead, you can use liquid or solid fertilizer
3. to use liquid fertilizer, you need to buy a sprayer
4. to use solid fertilizer, you need to buy a fertilizer vehicle

If anything I said above is incorrect, please correct me!

If all of that is correct, then my only other question here is: where (specifically) can I find liquid and solid fertilizer?
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

tatermaster9000 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:55 pm OK thanks, so just confirming:

1. in FS20 you *cannot* get manure without owning your own animals first
2. instead, you can use liquid or solid fertilizer
3. to use liquid fertilizer, you need to buy a sprayer
4. to use solid fertilizer, you need to buy a fertilizer vehicle

If anything I said above is incorrect, please correct me!

If all of that is correct, then my only other question here is: where (specifically) can I find liquid and solid fertilizer?
This is correct, although I'd also add you can get digestate from the bioplant if you take chaff there. (I think...can't remember, its not a great option anyway).

I'd also add that some seeders/planters can take solid fert. Plant/fert at the same time and save yourself a trip, not to mention not having to buy another peice of equipment. Solid and liquid fert can be bought by the cow barn in the silos. You'll see the symbols on the ground.
tatermaster9000

Thanks again @Kimpak. Does each vehicle/equipment indicate whether it can take liquid vs solid fertilizer? And do the seeders indicate whether they can fertilize at the same time, or do I just have to know which ones can do which?
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

tatermaster9000 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:37 pm Thanks again @Kimpak. Does each vehicle/equipment indicate whether it can take liquid vs solid fertilizer? And do the seeders indicate whether they can fertilize at the same time, or do I just have to know which ones can do which?
When you look at the seeder/planter in the shop, look at the symobls at the bottom where the stats are. To the left of the icons for what type of crop it can plant you'll see other symbols, it'll have either one or two. One symbol is for seeds, and if there are two symbols its seeds and fert. the fert symbol looks like a white bag with a leaf on it. All of them use solid fert. Its not cheap, but a single fill will let you plant several average sized fields before you need to refill.