How to seed different crops around the same time?

tatermaster9000

How to seed different crops around the same time?

Post by tatermaster9000 »

I have a single Alpega Jet-M seeder and would like to get a few fields going with different crops growing on them at the same time. For instance I'd like to grow wheat, barley and soy at the same time. The seeder doesn't seem to be able to hold more than 1 type of seed at a time (which makes sense), so what are my options here?

1. Buy a different seeder for each crop type I want to grow at the same time?; or
2. Try to estimate how much seed I'll need for each crop/field and try to time it (the seed fills the seeder FAST!) so that I only fill/buy the correct approximated amount?; or
3. Is there some other trick, or perhaps a seeder that allows multiple types of seed at the same time?

Thanks!
DEERE317

Re: How to seed different crops around the same time?

Post by DEERE317 »

I believe you can switch the seed type already in the seeder.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
tatermaster9000

Post by tatermaster9000 »

Unfortunately thats not the case, at least on the Nintendo Switch. On the Switch, if you hook the seeder up to a tractor, a Seed/Seed Type graphic suddenly displays in the bottom left corner of the screen, and it displays the icon of the seed that is currently loaded in the seeder, and a "progress bar" showing how full the seeder is.

If the seeder is totally empty, an arrow appears and you can press Left and Right on the Control Pad to scroll between the different types of seeds. BUT, if you have even a little bit of seed in the seeder, it will not allow you to scroll, and is instead, pinned to the seed type icon of whatever seed is currently loaded.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Reset it?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

tatermaster9000 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:28 pm Unfortunately thats not the case, at least on the Nintendo Switch. On the Switch, if you hook the seeder up to a tractor, a Seed/Seed Type graphic suddenly displays in the bottom left corner of the screen, and it displays the icon of the seed that is currently loaded in the seeder, and a "progress bar" showing how full the seeder is.

If the seeder is totally empty, an arrow appears and you can press Left and Right on the Control Pad to scroll between the different types of seeds. BUT, if you have even a little bit of seed in the seeder, it will not allow you to scroll, and is instead, pinned to the seed type icon of whatever seed is currently loaded.
You should be able to change the type of seed no matter what its previously planted. It might stop you from changing the seed type if you're sitting on an already planted field or half planted field so you don't have two crops on the same plot. Not for sure on this as I've never tried.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

On iOS you click the seed icon in the bottom toolbar.
OliverPullout

Post by OliverPullout »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:23 pm I believe you can switch the seed type already in the seeder.
Many thanks